| FTBL Thank you, Coach Saban!

sk33tr

el jefe
What you've done for this football program, this University, this community, and this fan base...words can hardly describe the love we all have for you and Miss Terry. But I'll try my best...

You took a team that was down, and almost out, and restored it to prominence. You took a team that a lot of other coaches didn't want and laughed at, and brought it back to life. You did what a LOT of people said couldn't be done. They said BAMA was dead. They said nobody wanted the job because nobody believed in them, anymore. But you did. You believed. And because of that, we believed in you.

Thank you!

Through the many, many wins, and the oh so few losses, we've been there. We've had your back. We've felt the bottomless pits of those heart-breakers, and we've felt the unimaginable highs from winning those big games. We've felt sorrow, we've felt wrath, we've felt pain, and we've felt aching. But more often than not, we felt elation. We felt euphoria. And we felt what it meant to be a fan and supporter of THE UNIVERSITY OF ALABAMA.

Thank you!

I've read several places a quote that I keep in mind a lot, lately...

Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened.

Well, today, I can tell you that I'm doing both. I am saddened that you're retiring. But I'm also happy for what you gave us these past 17 years. You are truly one of, if not THE, greatest coaches to have ever coached the game. Your name and likeness belongs up there with the likes of Paul "Bear" Bryant and Woody Hayes and Pop Warner. You, along with those aforementioned coaches, stand on the pantheon of college football. Your perseverance and unwavering attitude towards being a champion helped to lift all of us to a higher level. You turned boys into men and casual fans into formidable ones. You helped out in the community with your Nick's Kids foundation, and you sought to give back to a community that had given you so much.

Thank you, Coach Saban and Miss Terry! Y'all are classy people. And I hope your life in retirement brings you all the joy you deserve and many more years of happiness and good health.

May God bless both of you, and ROLL TIDE!!!

Back
Top Bottom