| CURRENT EVENTS Brittney Griner in Exchange for an Arms Dealer

Yes we will have to agree to disagree because as I said anytime we can get an American home no matter the price is a good thing.
Honestly. They is the most asinine thing i have read in forever. So you would trade a serial killer for a jaywalker? Are you really going there are do you not expect anyone to realize you are full of it? Carry water for Biden all you want but don't be this blatantly naive about it

EDIT: And I apologize for going back on my agree to disagree. The idea that trading is always good no matter what we give away as long as an American comes home is ridiculous. Seriously, if this guy goes back into arms dealing and his arms are used against Americans and cause their deaths, then Biden becomes an accessory to murder and a traitor by providing aid to our enemies.

Last edited:
Would my feelings change if she was a white American lesbian who got caught with dope? Nope. We just exchanged a common criminal for someone who has had part killing several several people. I could go on about how our government has basically became a "Jane Fonda" spitting on everything that our nation used to stand for. To hell with the economy and being an America other nations want to be. Let's cater to illegal immigrants and those who are in the alphabet gang. Instead of making sure we have a strong military let's make sure we have less qualified drag queens. Let's take away people's guns but if little johnny at age 10 wants to be a girl, let's get that surgery done. It's becoming more stupid everyday

Any deal to get any American home is a good deal.

Depending on which side of the political spectrum you fall will really determine whether you agree with this deal or not
No! Politics aside, and personal feelings aside (I can’t stand her).
She should’ve been back in the states within days of being detained. Weak leadership in this country is the only reason this very, very bad deal went down!!!
This is a true monster set free to solidify a voter base, nothing more!!!

Compared to the limited number of U.S. prisoner exchanges over the years, it was a bad deal. You can't characterize it any other way. Drug possession vs. notorious arms dealer is not quite on par with Abel-Powers.
I read an article yesterday—I believe it was in the NY Post—mentioning the last administration negotiated 17 releases from several different countries. It also mentioned the POTUS had turned down a Bout for Whelan exchange in the same period.

In my view too much emphasis being placed on Griner with too little emphasis placed on Bout.

On the other hand, the current administration may have seen this as the easiest way to get all of the weapons left behind in Afghanistan out of their country. 🙃

He carries quite a resume for collecting abandoned weapons.

I read an article yesterday—I believe it was in the NY Post—mentioning the last administration negotiated 17 releases from several different countries. It also mentioned the POTUS had turned down a Bout for Whelan exchange in the same period.

In my view too much emphasis being placed on Griner with too little emphasis placed on Bout.

On the other hand, the current administration may have seen this as the easiest way to get all of the weapons left behind in Afghanistan out of their country. 🙃

He carries quite a resume for collecting abandoned weapons.

Yes, Bolton said Trump turned down Whelan-Bout. Bolton agreed with that decision.

Honestly. They is the most asinine thing i have read in forever. So you would trade a serial killer for a jaywalker? Are you really going there are do you not expect anyone to realize you are full of it? Carry water for Biden all you want but don't be this blatantly naive about it

EDIT: And I apologize for going back on my agree to disagree. The idea that trading is always good no matter what we give away as long as an American comes home is ridiculous. Seriously, if this guy goes back into arms dealing and his arms are used against Americans and cause their deaths, then Biden becomes an accessory to murder and a traitor by providing aid to our enemies.
A serial killer for a jaywalker? Yes that’s exactly what I’m saying….Jesus man, use a little sense here.

Carry the water for Biden? I know it might be difficult for some of you on the right leaning to understand this, but I don’t give a damn about who the president is or isn’t and for future reference I’m not a fan of Biden.

Yes Biden is a traitor and all that….I mean of course.

Last thing, I’m sorry that you don’t believe American lives are worth whatever price to bring them home, glad you’re not in charge of that

No! Politics aside, and personal feelings aside (I can’t stand her).
She should’ve been back in the states within days of being detained. Weak leadership in this country is the only reason this very, very bad deal went down!!!
This is a true monster set free to solidify a voter base, nothing more!!!
Weak leadership….that’s rich. What do you suppose this weak leadership should’ve done to get her?

Solidify a voter base? I can assure you his voter base was going to vote for him regardless of this decision

Would my feelings change if she was a white American lesbian who got caught with dope? Nope. We just exchanged a common criminal for someone who has had part killing several several people. I could go on about how our government has basically became a "Jane Fonda" spitting on everything that our nation used to stand for. To hell with the economy and being an America other nations want to be. Let's cater to illegal immigrants and those who are in the alphabet gang. Instead of making sure we have a strong military let's make sure we have less qualified drag queens. Let's take away people's guns but if little johnny at age 10 wants to be a girl, let's get that surgery done. It's becoming more stupid everyday
Some of you will insert your homophobia into every conversation for no reason other than to make sure you can spew it

Some of you will insert your homophobia into every conversation for no reason other than to make sure you can spew it
There's nothing in his statement that you can call homophobic. That statement clearly reads—possibly referring back to your earlier comment about brown and black people—that skin color doesn't matter. He goes on to point out exchanging a common criminal for a guy responsible for an untold number of people getting killed.

Based on the decisions made by POTUS and his cabinet it's a reasonable assumption to say the move was made based on the "boxes she checks." After we see what happens with Sam Britton we may see "reasonable assumption" change to "very likely, if not assuredly."

By the way, when Andrea Mitchell first reported this story she said Biden had two choices and chose Griner. A few hours later the article was edited to say "only Griner." Given the history of Mitchell not correcting her mistakes publicly, it's enough to raise doubts of how this negotiation was handled.

Personally, I'm of the "verify, then trust" anything Mitchell puts out.

Guys, I'm not looking to enter into a point/counterpoint on this, but I did quote your two posts.

@TideatMileHigh , I agree with much of what you said, but I would like to offer that American remains a melting pot. Over the life of our country, many have expressed fear that the...Irish, Italians, Chinese, Polish, Puerto Ricans, Cubans, Mexicans, Hondurans, Indians, etc....would ruin the country by not assimilating. It's not happened. I would encourage anyone who has a jaded view of those pursuing a spot in this country to watch this documentary, I think the youtube link is free. The author/producer's husband became a citizen, and that gave them the idea to attend a naturalization ceremony in every state. It's hard not to feel proud about our country when others are so grateful to be here and be a part of it.

Citizen USA A 50 State Road Trip​

@ElephantStomp one of the biggest faults with the cancellation of historical figures is holding them to the same standards of conscience that exist today. When we (or at least me) see parents today letting their kids bounce around in a car instead of in a car seat or seat belt, I think of how dangerous and illegal it is. Growing up fifty years ago, it was commonplace, I'm lucky I never went flying through a windshield. Whether it is slavery, racism, sexism, monopolies, anti-homosexual stances - the list is endless - you can't view history through the prism of today's prevailing social positions, unless you're simply asserting that they were all evil. The Founding Fathers created a wonderful country that people throng to, and they've sought it from the time it was formed imperfectly, through every era of incivility and unfairness, and they still seek it today.

God bless our nation. Long may it remain united.

EDIT - Divorce rate is at a fifty-year low. The U.S. Divorce Rate Has Hit a 50-Year Low I do agree with what the scourge of drug addiction is doing to our nation.

RTR,

Tim

Look, don’t bring rational & civil discussion to this board. Ok?

There's nothing in his statement that you can call homophobic. That statement clearly reads—possibly referring back to your earlier comment about brown and black people—that skin color doesn't matter. He goes on to point out exchanging a common criminal for a guy responsible for an untold number of people getting killed.

Based on the decisions made by POTUS and his cabinet it's a reasonable assumption to say the move was made based on the "boxes she checks." After we see what happens with Sam Britton we may see "reasonable assumption" change to "very likely, if not assuredly."
Had he stopped at the statement about trading a common criminal for a guy that has had his hand in killing people then that would’ve been fine, the rest of his comment is in fact homophobic or maybe just ignorant because he says “instead of worrying about the economy and illegal immigration” then proceeds to say “alphabet gang” and talking about 10 year olds getting surgery and shit, none of which has anything to do with this, so maybe it was just ignorant and not homophobic.

POTUS’ voters are going to vote for him, his base is locked, do you think the left is going to instead vote for Trump or DeSantis? Maybe playing for the independents I suppose

By the way, when Andrea Mitchell first reported this story she said Biden had two choices and chose Griner. A few hours later the article was edited to say "only Griner." Given the history of Mitchell not correcting her mistakes publicly, it's enough to raise doubts of how this negotiation was handled.

Personally, I'm of the "verify, then trust" anything Mitchell puts out.
Putin himself said that Griner was the only one on the table, but discussions could continue, but I suppose Putin could be covering for Biden and how the negotiation was handled by Biden

Back
Top Bottom