| MBB/WBB Bracketology 2020 season. - Early looks at the SEC and NCAA tournaments.

Did anyone notice Hawkins got in the game late last night I believe that was his first playing time.
He's played in a handful of games this season. About as much as one of the walk-ons. Five to eight I'd say based on recollection. I don't think he's had a FG attempt this season.

Interesting Buzz doesn't have Memphis, SC or MSU in the hunt.
You noticed that as well, eh?

No tears from me about Memphis being out and to be frank I hope it remains that way. I really enjoyed watching them several years ago (pre-Cal) but there's no love lost for Penny.

@#80 playing time ... + Ole Miss last night.

Freshman (2019-20)
• Saw action against Auburn (1/15)
• Saw his first career SEC game against Mississippi State (1/9)
• Saw one minute of action in the win against Southern Miss at the Battle 4 Atlantis Tournament (11/29)
• Saw one minute of action against Iowa State (11/28)
• Made his college debut seeing one minute of action against FAU (11/11)

@#80 playing time ... + Ole Miss last night.

Freshman (2019-20)
• Saw action against Auburn (1/15)
• Saw his first career SEC game against Mississippi State (1/9)
• Saw one minute of action in the win against Southern Miss at the Battle 4 Atlantis Tournament (11/29)
• Saw one minute of action against Iowa State (11/28)
• Made his college debut seeing one minute of action against FAU (11/11)

I did go over and check out the roster stats. I guess I missed the mop-up time.

@BamaBoyJosh

I don't expect them to be able to make the top four and get the double-bye but looking at what's ahead I'm not sure who the odds on favorite would be here. If they have a chance to run the table in the tournament I'd say they have to be in that top four grouping: depth.

Look at this for a second ...

h.jpg

Florida has LSU, @UT, @UGA, and then Kentucky to close out their season. Is there more than one win there?
A win over the two we're looking at for the next two games puts Bama in a unique spot. It would give the Tide a 2-0 record against State, 1-0 over UofSC giving Bama the edge.
UT is looking at @UArk, UF, @UK, , and AU. 2-2 seems about right for the Vols.
Then there's A&M with UK, @LSU and @AU, closing the season with Auburn.

You can see the possibilities of these last two weeks getting crazy.

Sorry guys but this group is just to up and down to expect they will truly get on a run that would get them to the tournament. Hope I am wrong but it is doubtful these collapses just go away. Most likely they will go .500 to close out based on history. The A&M loss at home was a gut punch.

Ok, call me an optimist this team doesn't give up so I'm not going to give up on them. We can beat Vandy without Petty.
But I think we need him to win on the road at Mizz they play really well at home. Maybe we can get him back by Saturday.
Win out and we are 18-13 10-8 SEC if we can win two games in the SEC tourney that would put us at 20-14 and the second win in the
SEC tourney would be a Q1 win. I think this would certainly give us a strong argument.

@#80, I don't know if you caught it ... over in the game thread I mentioned Oats having said he believes "winning the next three with one in the SECT" gets Bama in the tournament.

I don't know if you follow Erik Haslam ... it was his opinion Oats would have a strong argument there. I see quite a few people who think the mark is 19.

@#80, I don't know if you caught it ... over in the game thread I mentioned Oats having said he believes "winning the next three with one in the SECT" gets Bama in the tournament.

I don't know if you follow Erik Haslam ... it was his opinion Oats would have a strong argument there. I see quite a few people who think the mark is 19.

Certainly possible I'm just looking at things like road wins we only have four and Q1 wins we only have two. The second win in the SEC tourney would give us another Q1 win. Technically now we only may have one Q1 win LSU's net ranking is below 30. Also teams like OK, USC and UCLA are playing their way in.

Last edited:
Nothing with this team is a given. Just win the next one with Vandy.

Vandy at home and Mizzou on the road if I recall correctly. Winnable but with the injuries and one road game not a gimme.

Doubt we see Davis consistently provide the points lost by Petty. We need Petty back and Jones wrist healed up so he can more of a real scoring threat. BTW I love Jones. He is a warrior and I think he is shooting 100% from the FT line shooting with one hand. Crazy...

May look back on that AnM loss with dismay
That is one but you could probably point to UT and Ark as well. Even a win over Florida that we let get away could have made a difference. Even taking the Barn into OT on their home court. So many close games they could not finish... I guess it is to be expected with a first year coach and so many injuries.

That is one but you could probably point to UT and Ark as well. Even a win over Florida that we let get away could have made a difference. Even taking the Barn into OT on their home court. So many close games they could not finish... I guess it is to be expected with a first year coach and so many injuries.
But yet...... if u looked at it like that....
And hating the word or phase.... good loses...
Especially away games vs highly ranked teams ( i guess since I don't know any rankings).
Still think sec tournament on neutral court.... bama may do well

Back
Top Bottom