| MBB/WBB Bracketology 2020 season. - Early looks at the SEC and NCAA tournaments.

Tennessee won't be finishing in top 4 of the league this year. We have a legit shot at finishing in top 4. These guys have bought in and are believing. We can realistically win every remaining game on our schedule...I truly believe that much. I know that's a talllll task but these kids have gotten on board with this staff.

I agree but a lot comes down to not running out of gas due to depth and absolutely no injuries. Will be interesting to see how these guys handle the up tempo game for a full season. These guys will also have to win some road games. I personally think they may have to go .500 on the road since they dug themselves a hole with the early season loses.

I said in this thread or another can't recall, the teams confidence should be at an all time high right now but you have to sustain it for the next 6 weeks or so. Hard to do when you have not done if for a long time as a program. Certainly much more hope than past years.

Tennessee won't be finishing in top 4 of the league this year. We have a legit shot at finishing in top 4. These guys have bought in and are believing. We can realistically win every remaining game on our schedule...I truly believe that much. I know that's a talllll task but these kids have gotten on board with this staff.
When they go on road and beat a decent team...then ....and only then.... you can say they will finish in upper half of sec....
hopefully..... ut till then

Tenn will be very strong next season . I just see a very hungry bunch in crimson and white right now. They're learning to win and when u believe it and then actually start doing it the results show.

LSU tough game. Vandy tough in Nashville. Those guys can normally shoot the 3 well not counting their last game. Arkansas looks to be improved but we do get them at home. UT is down from past years.

Would love to see them go 3-1. They need to.

Way to early for this. A lot of tough games to go. I do not think they can go .500 in sec play and make the tournament with the W/L deficit they got in pre sec play. I heard something like they have 5 Quad 1 games remaining which means opportunity but 4 or 5 were on the road. Need to check on that and see how accurate it is.

Way to early for this. A lot of tough games to go. I do not think they can go .500 in sec play and make the tournament with the W/L deficit they got in pre sec play. I heard something like they have 5 Quad 1 games remaining which means opportunity but 4 or 5 were on the road. Need to check on that and see how accurate it is.

A teams ranking is fluid as of today it would appear we have 4-5 Q1 games left give or take 1-2 depending on teams like TN, Ark and Mizzou.
A Q1 game is a home game against a team ranked in the top 30 or a team ranked in the top 50 on a neutral site or a game on the road against a team in the top 75. Or at least this is my understanding. I don't think we can get in with a .500 conference record. That Penn loss was a Q4 loss not good.
And we gave away a Q1 at FL.

Did you guys see the Freshman 5* at UK is leaving? Averaged 3.3 PPG and dissatisfied with playing time. Has scored 4 points in SEC play I read. And is still the number 55 player on some ESPN NBA guys draft board. Seriously? Is the pool that shallow this year? I know he has the size, or height at least, but he’s underperformed for a 5* that’s wants to be a 1 and done. Vastly underperformed.

Way to early for this. A lot of tough games to go. I do not think they can go .500 in sec play and make the tournament
I don't think we can get in with a .500 conference record.
The conference record will have an effect on seeding in the SEC tourney. That's not news.

However, seeing reference to the winning percentage in SEC play being referenced as a stat that'll keep Bama out? I believe that's misplaced. Since the NCAA has "allegedly" moved to their NET system conference records seem to be an afterthought. In fact, if they continue with trends, it's not about a bad loss here and there it's about who have beaten.

I also don't buy into the notion "it's too early for bracket projections." In my view, it's time to start watching. Last season there was a team that was in 36 of the published brackets and made it in. Over the last few weeks we've seen Bama inching up those lists weekly.

On a related note: this "last four in," and "last four out" crap ... it's just that to me, crap. It's as if there's a mind set "here's eight teams we aren't sure what to do with so we'll create two categories."

An observation ...

Three weeks ago we were looking at Bama opening their SEC schedule on the road against Florida followed by ...
Mississippi State,
Kentucky,
Auburn,
Missouri,
Vanderbilt,
and Kansas State.

Before the Auburn contest we saw fans insights on how they'd be happy with a 2-2 run: Bama won all four. If we go back to Florida fans were looking at the next four hoping Bama would be able to pull one game (MSU) and they won two.

Now, we're looking at another fairly difficult stretch:

Jan. 29- @ LSU
Feb. 1- Arkansas
Feb. 4- Tennessee
Feb. 8- @ Georgia
Feb. 12- @ Auburn

4-1? Tough, unlikely, but doable.
3-2? A strong showing with one road game win.

The Tide is listed in 28 of the 95 currently published brackets.

An observation ...

Now, we're looking at another fairly difficult stretch:

Jan. 29- @ LSU
Feb. 1- Arkansas
Feb. 4- Tennessee
Feb. 8- @ Georgia
Feb. 12- @ Auburn

4-1? Tough, unlikely, but doable.
3-2? A strong showing with one road game win.

The Tide is listed in 28 of the 95 currently published brackets.

With respect to this stretch to be successful we better improve over our last two games. The last two were very sloppy. We were just destroyed on the boards by KSU. I've watched LSU play several times this year and they pound the boards just out rebounded TX by 13. The last 3 trips to the barn we've lost by an average of 20 pts. I would be elated with a 3-2 outcome most likely 2-3. JMO.

I'm done with the chicken little mindset... this staff and team have sold me. High effort can cover alot of mistakes and this team gives it in spades. Someone said on another board that getting outrebounded won't be our down fall or our our lack of post size., And I agree 100%. Our downfall will be if we stop giving effort and get discouraged. I haven't seen it and it's the first time in a long time I've seen us have the toughness to play thru mistakes, bad officiating , etc. These kids are learning how to win finally and their confidence is growing because they're sticking to philosophies that have been COACHED into them. We play 9 guys and that's pretty good in today's game so I think "running out of gas " is kinda over used.

First Round: Wed., March 11
Game 1: No. 12 seed vs. No. 13 seed | 6 p.m. | SEC Network
Game 2: No. 11 seed vs. No. 14 seed | Approx. 8:30 p.m. | SEC Network
Second Round: Thurs., March 12
Game 3: No. 8 seed vs. No. 9 seed | Noon | SEC Network
Game 4: No. 5 seed vs. Game 1 winner | Approx. 2:30 p.m. | SEC Network
Game 5: No. 7 seed vs. No. 10 seed | 6 p.m. | SEC Network
Game 6: No. 6 seed vs. Game 2 winner | Approx. 8:30 p.m. | SEC Network

As of today we'd be looking at Bama vs the winner of Ole Miss vs Vandy.

g.jpg

Back
Top Bottom