| MBB/WBB Bracketology 2020 season. - Early looks at the SEC and NCAA tournaments.

I'm sorry but TeamRankings do not determine who gets in the dance. If he thinks we currently have a 81% chance to get in he is clueless.
Who is "he" here? Jordan? I don't think you're trying to assign a gender on a computer model, are ya? 🙃

It looks to me you're jumping the gun a bit on what is being said here. I'm not sure.

Teamrankings.com's projections are based on 18 wins which would leave the Tide at 18-13: five games over .500. Three and four games over .500 have been the benchmark for the committee the last few years.

This morning:
NET - 40
RPI - 55
SOS - 17

I'm seeing quite a few clues that point to an NCAA invite.

That would really help...
...seeding. A run through the SECT would definitely be needed at a 16 win mark. That's only one game over .500.

Over the last few years we've seen the committee recognize tournament performances when a team outside the bubble makes a huge run. Same with teams on the bubble, but in these cases that's been about seeding.

With KenPom putting Bama at 40, Warren Nolan at 45, that 18 win mark should favor an invitation.

.500 over the next four won't do it based on what I've seen over the last few years. In my view, they have to be 3-1 over the next four to get a glance (Unless we see a run to Saturday in the SECT.)

Win the next four and that's about as close to a lock as one can get.

Who is "he" here? Jordan? I don't think you're trying to assign a gender on a computer model, are ya? 🙃

It looks to me you're jumping the gun a bit on what is being said here. I'm not sure.

Teamrankings.com's projections are based on 18 wins which would leave the Tide at 18-13: five games over .500. Three and four games over .500 have been the benchmark for the committee the last few years.

This morning:
NET - 40
RPI - 55
SOS - 17

I'm seeing quite a few clues that point to an NCAA invite.

That's not the way I read the tweet.

All I know is we needs wins. I think Tuesday nights game at the Hump is a must and the BPI gives us a 33% chance of winning that game.
Last chance to get a Q1 win. The Q3 loss to TAM did some damage.

Last edited:
That's not the way I read the tweet.
I thought that might have been the case. Jordan has pointed to 19 as his number for a month or so now.

FWIW, I've seen several dozen media personalities and basketball analyst point to TeamRankings projections the last few years. None of the personalities I've seen reference them put out their own brackets. When it comes to their overall success TeamRankings hasn't been as good as other bracketologist.

Speaking of others ...

Most accurate bracketology over the last four or five years has come from Bracketville. As of noon, ET, they haven't updated their bracket since the 21st. Here's an example, using their bracket, of why I see the logic in "18 means they're in."

Notice the two highlighted teams on their bubble watch ... just so happens they are also the next two opponents Bama faces this season.

h.jpg

One more thing that is simply my opinion but I think you can see this as well.

When it comes to those bubble teams it's all about whether or not a team is competitive within their own little sect, right? A win over two in their bubble watch means ... ?

There are about 15-20 teams in my opinion in the fight for 4 spots. So it's not only what we do it's what other teams do as well.
For example Memphis beating Houston yesterday did not help.

A win over two in their bubble watch means ... ?
There are about 15-20 teams in my opinion in the fight for 4 spots.
I almost posted something similar in my last post but I was going to say "I think there are about a dozen teams fighting for four spots."

Just glanced at a tweet from Lunardi...going back to two wins over two bubble teams (and he's got Bama in his bubble watch.) Would you agree a Bama win over MSU and UofSC knocks them out?

EReXD3qW4AIkMEH

I almost posted something similar in my last post but I was going to say "I think there are about a dozen teams fighting for four spots."

Just glanced at a tweet from Lunardi...going back to two wins over two bubble teams (and he's got Bama in his bubble watch.) Would you agree a Bama win over MSU and UofSC knocks them out?

EReXD3qW4AIkMEH

Yes I agree with you SC and MSU are in very similar situations. SC is in desperate need of quality wins they still play us and MSU. They could have made a statement last night by beating LSU.

Four games in four days low probability since we have shown no consistency. Did anyone notice Hawkins got in the game late last night I believe that was his first playing time.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom