| FTBL Bowden fired at Clemscum

Red_Tsunami said:
They will go after an experienced head coach...My guess is they will screw up and go after some pro-style coach and get more mediocrity with no discipline.

Sounds like Shula.

That said, if Shula was so worthy of keeping the Bama job, why has he not been picked up as a HC by some other named program? I wonder what Daddy Don Shula has to say about that.

Kc said:
bamascw said:
The "running news" at the bottom of the screen showed a quote from Spiller saying "he was yelling at us to be leaders and that wasn't working" and one from the QB (can't remember his name) saying that this is what Bowden deserves. I am kinda surprised that the players are being quoted as saying such.

Cullen Harper said it.

Wow, that explains a lot of the problems right there. :shock:

BamaDelta said:
Kc said:
bamascw said:
The "running news" at the bottom of the screen showed a quote from Spiller saying "he was yelling at us to be leaders and that wasn't working" and one from the QB (can't remember his name) saying that this is what Bowden deserves. I am kinda surprised that the players are being quoted as saying such.

Cullen Harper said it.

Wow, that explains a lot of the problems right there. :shock:

Considering how Cullen was treated the last few days I can't blame the kid for feeling that way.

Heck, he lost his starting job and found out about it because Bowden announced it during a tele-conference. When TB was asked how Cullen took the news TB said he didn't know yet, the OC was trying to reach Cullen on his cell phone to tell him he wasn't starting against Ga. Tech.

Does that sound like the move a HC should make?

TiderSpectator said:
bamanaf said:
Bowden and Tubby could swap jobs. Wouldnt even have to change outfits. :lol:

Don't even joke like that.....I don't want to have to throw up after celebrating....

Well...I'd celebrate it on the Barn end of things...Bowden makes Tubbs look like a great coach....but.......noo....just no...

Honestly think Tubby jumped the gun with Franklin. I think the problems are deeper and Tubbs is more responsible than any of them. :?

Outlaw said:
Outlaw said:
Heard it reported earlier that Harper was actually referring to Dabo deserving the job.

And after actually seeing the quote, I don't know what those people who reported the above were smoking.

I listened to one afternoon drive time sports talk show yesterday...in 3 hours, 3 people called in and said it was a bad move. One of those happened to be a former Clemson player under Hatfield.

We've said, since Saban was hired, any publicity is good for Bama, right?

Sportscenter leads the Clemson story with our beat down on the Tigers in ATL. Heck, if he would have been fired Saturday would we have received more votes in the polls? :lol:

Argo said:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YoifMZd5Ewg[/youtube]

Ouch.
I will admit that I got rather choked up when Bear DIED, but this guy is an unmitigated weenie. What a sissy-ass. He probably sits up at night wondering why he has no friends or women.

TiderSpectator said:
bamarooski said:
Since we Hired Saban! Nutt run out of Arkie!

Bowden run out of Rub the Rock!

And Franklin run off the Farm in
anticipation of the beatdown in
Nov. :lol: :lol:

Phat Phil next He He!

While the Bama game did help Bowden get the axe...believe me, this was coming for awhile in TigerTown.

Bowden would make a great coach for Jacksonville State. They are moving up to D1 and Jack Crowe needs to go. For what its worth, I think Mike DuBose would be a good choice as well.

TerryP said:
Outlaw said:
Outlaw said:
Heard it reported earlier that Harper was actually referring to Dabo deserving the job.

And after actually seeing the quote, I don't know what those people who reported the above were smoking.

I listened to one afternoon drive time sports talk show yesterday...in 3 hours, 3 people called in and said it was a bad move. One of those happened to be a former Clemson player under Hatfield.

We've said, since Saban was hired, any publicity is good for Bama, right?

Sportscenter leads the Clemson story with our beat down on the Tigers in ATL. Heck, if he would have been fired Saturday would we have received more votes in the polls? :lol:

Do you think it was a bad move? :wink:

Back
Top Bottom