| FTBL Bowden fired at Clemscum

bamaupsman said:
He's probably already called Saban ...
"So Nick how did you handle it when you got fired? Oh yeah, my bad. You've never been fired. Maybe Daddy can tell me. What? He's never been fired either? You got Tommy Franklin's number? No? I don't guess you would have a Barner's number would you?"

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Maybe CNS can get someone to put Tommy in touch with Shula

I've been in meetings all morning so I haven't really talked to anyone here in the building about this yet.

One of our papers writers is on campus right now, he says that their OC (Spence) has left the Football offices as well...so, it appears he's gone as well.

Friday's press conference with Bowden was one of the craziest moves I've ever seen. I honestly think he thought that a mere QB change was going to appease those in charge for the time being.

TerryP said:
I've been in meetings all morning so I haven't really talked to anyone here in the building about this yet.

One of our papers writers is on campus right now, he says that their OC (Spence) has left the Football offices as well...so, it appears he's gone as well.

Friday's press conference with Bowden was one of the craziest moves I've ever seen. I honestly think he thought that a mere QB change was going to appease those in charge for the time being.

Spence has been canned

clemson.rivals.com has a brief clip about it

There's said to be some "staff unrest" with the decisions made today...their AD stating if they turn it around he'll know who the HC should be...Dabo being in charge, etc.

TerryP said:

Dont let a crappy little thing like a job get in your way of getting us the scoop :lol:

I swear to you...just had a guy from our Advertising call me and said, "The last time we had a Bama grad as head coach we..."

Muschamp, Grobe and Johnson are the names fans are throwing around...they seem to be pulling those from Clemson 'net sites.

You have to look at the way this was done with the ol' "hmmm."

Phillips tells Bowden win division or else.

Bowden chooses "else."

It's easy to be egotistical as a Bama fan. But, in this case, I don't think I am.

Clemson players, as late as this past week, were still talking about the loss to Bama. ESPN is now on the same train of thought that they were still reeling from that punch in the mouth.

Not a good year for all things Orange on our schedule...

^^^Addendum^^^

In an interview, should be published tomorrow, Terry Don Phillips stated he wanted Bowden gone after the Bama game...only thing that kept that from happening was the University President coming on board.

The move to bench Cullen Harper was a Bowden decision but not one OC Spence agreed with.

Sounds a lot like Shula's last year with the offensive players, Harper as one prime example, having no respect for Bowden.

They will go after an experienced head coach. I doubt they go for any assistants at first. Bobby Johnson will be the first target. My guess is they will screw up and go after some pro-style coach and get more mediocrity with no discipline.

Red_Tsunami said:
They will go after an experienced head coach. I doubt they go for any assistants at first. Bobby Johnson will be the first target. My guess is they will screw up and go after some pro-style coach and get more mediocrity with no discipline.

You may be right.

One thing that there is no doubt about. Phillips and James Barker (Clemson Pres) love Dabo. He was basically assured after Saban offered him that even if Bowden was fired he'd have a position at Clemson if he wanted it. Both guys believe he is a future coaching star in the making.

Ironically, that is the same thing Stallings said about Dabo a decade or so ago.

I have my doubts if Johnson is the "first guy" when I think about the youth movement they talk about up there and Johnson's age.

Who knows?

The "running news" at the bottom of the screen showed a quote from Spiller saying "he was yelling at us to be leaders and that wasn't working" and one from the QB (can't remember his name) saying that this is what Bowden deserves. I am kinda surprised that the players are being quoted as saying such.

ColoradoTide said:
next stop, auburn?

No!
Bowden made Auburn, who is so bad that it fired its own OC mid season, look good enough to be thought of in the running for the SEC west. Bowden made Bama look good enough to be on the cover of SI.

Aside from Tony Franklin, Tommy Bowden is the last coach in America that Auburn would want.

bamascw said:
The "running news" at the bottom of the screen showed a quote from Spiller saying "he was yelling at us to be leaders and that wasn't working" and one from the QB (can't remember his name) saying that this is what Bowden deserves. I am kinda surprised that the players are being quoted as saying such.

Cullen Harper said it.

Back
Top Bottom