| FTBL Birmingham News Intentionally Taunts 'Bama Fans

I am actually laughing out loud over this thread.

I got crucified for suggesting that Louisville was a nicer / better city than Birmingham, by some of the same people who are trashing B'ham in this thread!

...the irony...

Big_Fan said:
I am actually laughing out loud over this thread.

I got crucified for suggesting that Louisville was a nicer / better city than Birmingham, by some of the same people who are trashing B'ham in this thread!

...the irony...

Birmingham was called NICE by anyone? Thats more entertaining than the idiocy in this thread....can you link that one?

Outlaw said:
http://www.crimsontusks.com/about27454.html&highlight=louisville

Starts on the end of page 3...

:lol: , I had forgotten about that thread...

uh after 5 pages of that.....nevermind the word entertaining :o

reger60 said:
bear facts said:
reger60 said:
Why does any of this really matter? :?:

Just watch, this will make headlines in the BN before Bama's victory over Georgia. :wink:

Yeah, but will it be in color? 'Cause I hear that's a real insult. :roll:

You don't hear right, reger. To not be in color is an insult. It becomes an insult when a major city in the state of Alabama has a paper that refuses to give equal coverage to the state's flagship team.

Lenny Kozlowski said:
Birmingham was called NICE by anyone? Thats more entertaining than the idiocy in this thread....can you link that one?

Idiocy in this thread? I take it you are calling someone's viewpoints idiotic? Why participate in the thread if you are going to insult other 'Bama fans?

Take a lesson from Outlaw, who wrote this:

"I guess this is a good sign. Complaints about very insignificant factors means that we aren't complaining about the team and/or head coach."

See, here is a person that doesn't agree with the premise of the post, yet has enough common sense to not insult others.

Isn't that a bit more intelligent than your statement? Perhaps you just don't know how to express yourself properly.

I mean, if you are going to start insulting others or their thoughts, why even participate in the thread?

CtrlAltieDel said:
reger60 said:
bear facts said:
reger60 said:

Just watch, this will make headlines in the BN before Bama's victory over Georgia. :wink:

You don't hear right, reger. To not be in color is an insult. It becomes an insult when a major city in the state of Alabama has a paper that refuses to give equal coverage to the state's flagship team.

You must feel insulted very easily.

Bama Bo said:
CtrlAltieDel said:
reger60 said:
bear facts said:
reger60 said:

You must feel insulted very easily.

Not at all, BamaBo, thanks for being concerned.

Hypothetically, how would you feel about 'Bama never being in color in the B-Ham News or whatever rag may happen to be in whatever city you are in.

You know, if it was policy that only the Barners were to be in color in all the major metropolitan area's papers.

Would you say, "ah, no big deal", "why worry about it", etc...

I still can't figure out why BOTH teams aren't in full color. :? :? Does it cost so much to print in color that the Birmingham times can't afford to do so? I really don't know. :?

Argo said:
I still can't figure out why BOTH teams aren't in full color. :? :? Does it cost so much to print in color that the Birmingham times can't afford to do so? I really don't know. :?

It is a reward for the team that accomplishes the most on any given weekend. That is what it is supposed to be for. Unfortunately losses are now colorized and SEC wins are not. That is why I started the thread to illustrate that discrepancy, some don't approve of my mentioning it.

CtrlAltieDel said:
It is a reward for the team that accomplishes the most on any given weekend. That is what it is supposed to be for. Unfortunately losses are now colorized and SEC wins are not. That is why I started the thread to illustrate that discrepancy, some don't approve of my mentioning it.

It's not an approve of or disapprove of thing. It's a what is the big deal thing.

As you mentioned, AU vs. MSU was a SEC matchup, deserved the heavier coverage than UA vs WKU.

The same can be said for AU vs LSU ove UA Vs UArk. Both were SEC matchups, but the AU/LSU game was between 2 teams in the top 10 when the game was played.

Bama Bo said:
CtrlAltieDel said:

It's not an approve of or disapprove of thing. It's a what is the big deal thing.

As you mentioned, AU vs. MSU was a SEC matchup, deserved the heavier coverage than UA vs WKU.

The same can be said for AU vs LSU ove UA Vs UArk. Both were SEC matchups, but the AU/LSU game was between 2 teams in the top 10 when the game was played.

Do you feel insulted very easily, BamaBo? Now, on to the post.

The Au/Necks have had 3 straight color spreads in the B-Ham news.

When do you feel it appropriate that 'Bama finally get one? Does it have to be a win or can a loss be in color?

Really interested in your viewpoints. Should a loss to Georgia get color over a win by the Au/Necks when the most gracious and wonderful Tennessee Vols come to Lee County?

CtrlAltieDel said:

When do you feel it appropriate that 'Bama finally get one? Does it have to be a win or can a loss be in color?

Really interested in your viewpoints. Should a loss to Georgia get color over a win by the Au/Necks when the most gracious and wonderful Tennessee Vols come to Lee County?

Actually, I very seldom feel insulted.

As for who is in color and when, I couldn't care less.

Bama Bo said:
CtrlAltieDel said:

Actually, I very seldom feel insulted.

As for who is in color and when, I couldn't care less.

Oh, well for a moderator to be all up in a thread like this asking people if they are insulted and getting snippy, it sure seems like you care a great deal.

Why bother to hijack the thread if you have no opinion one way or the other?

Were you attempting to perhaps tell me that my thread is not appreciated on your board? Just let me know if I crossed the line with this discussion, wouldn't want to bring up a taboo subject or something you don't approve of.

In fact, why don't you send me a list of topics that you approve of and I will strictly adhere to your guidelines. That way, other threads won't turn into what this one has due to micromanagement.

You asked for opinions, I gave you mine. Others asked why it bothers you, and from what I can tell, you haven't really laid out a good answer as to why it upsets you. And it appears (I say appears because I may be reading it wrong) that it also bothers you that some of us don't understand what the big deal is.

Back
Top Bottom