| FTBL Best Quarterback Alabama has ever had

Bama1966 said:
Lenny Kozlowski said:
Me too 66 HTown rocks
I remember when all they had was a Kentucky Fried Chicken, that Sonic like place, cant remember the name and a Hamburger place Downtown.

My grandmother, Brother and myself lived at the Key Branch Apartments when my dad was in Vietnam, think it is Government housing now. When dad got out of the Marines we moved to Memphis. Then would go back every summer. Went to Maywood Christian camp alot. Got a Uncle still living there, I think you have said that you played golf with him. Had a Cousin to pass away a couple of weeks ago from there also. I love Hamilton.

"Danny and Shelbys Hamilton Drive in" (sonic like place)

Talked to Tom a few weeks ago

Lenny Kozlowski said:
Bama1966 said:
Lenny Kozlowski said:
Me too 66 HTown rocks
I remember when all they had was a Kentucky Fried Chicken, that Sonic like place, cant remember the name and a Hamburger place Downtown.

My grandmother, Brother and myself lived at the Key Branch Apartments when my dad was in Vietnam, think it is Government housing now. When dad got out of the Marines we moved to Memphis. Then would go back every summer. Went to Maywood Christian camp alot. Got a Uncle still living there, I think you have said that you played golf with him. Had a Cousin to pass away a couple of weeks ago from there also. I love Hamilton.

"Danny and Shelbys Hamilton Drive in" (sonic like place)

Talked to Tom a few weeks ago

Thats it, Danny and Shelbys Hamilton Drive in. They built the Hardees in the 80's I believe. My Aunt, Tom's sister loved Hardees. She lived over there by WT Vick Lumber company. I miss visiting Hamilton.

I have to admit that the Shula years (as QB) at Bama were not bad and I kind of get tired of everyone kicking him around.

This question had been asked several times before on here and if I could have any QB back for one season it would be Jay Barker. I will never get it out of my head when he came face to face with Zier at Georgia and out threw him and won. We were not a throwing team at the time but they let him loose and it was the best QB performance I have ever witnessed. Besides he was not fancy but he got the job done and got the W's. I would have him back before any other QB.

Welcome aboard, Stoneface. We have seen a whole bunch of the same stuff. Glad to have another "mature" member to help fend off these young whippersnappers.

Re: Best QB

stoneface said:
The best qb of all times was Stedman Shealy.
I go back to Pat Trammel, Namath, Stabler, all of them. Steadman was the best.

Steadman was undefeated, I believe, at 12-0-0.

Welcome stoneface. Stick around and post some more!

May I present Spencer Pennington

auburn%2011-20-04%20070.jpg

John David Phillips, no contest :)

I will have to say that I just don't see Jay Barker as the best. I thought he was an average QB on great teams (read: solid running game, stellar defenses).

Duder said:
John David Phillips, no contest :)

I will have to say that I just don't see Jay Barker as the best. I thought he was an average QB on great teams (read: solid running game, stellar defenses).

Jay hung up some pretty great numbers his last year. The 94 team was a very good team, but nowhere near as dominant defensively as the 92 bunch.

bamafan850 said:
This question had been asked several times before on here and if I could have any QB back for one season it would be Jay Barker. I will never get it out of my head when he came face to face with Zier at Georgia and out threw him and won. We were not a throwing team at the time but they let him loose and it was the best QB performance I have ever witnessed. Besides he was not fancy but he got the job done and got the W's. I would have him back before any other QB.

That was a fantastic game. I still remember the atmosphere of that game. I was too young to really understand what was happening at the time, but it was great! That is probably my second favorite game I attended, beat by the 1992 SEC Championship Game in Legion Field.

I'm far too young to remember Namath, Stabler, etc. Barker was good at executing a game plan. I just didn't feel his talent was at a level that was comparable to "the greats."

If Brodie had stayed healthy I really think he could've been it for you guys.

Back
Top Bottom