| FTBL BCS Poll release date question

The Anderson and Hester computer rankings along with the Peter Wolfe computer rankings are always the last to be released, fwiw.

Colley still has us at #1 in his poll.
Sagarin, Massey and Billingsley haven't been updated yet.

By my estimation, I don't see things changing at all this week with the way the early BCS projections look...which will likely have us in the top 2.

We are #3 in the Harris, #4 in the Coaches, #1 in 3 computer polls and #3 in the other. That, by my calculations, puts us right at #2-#3 in the BCS standings.

This all comes down to LSU...

I touched on this briefly a few weeks ago...

http://rolltidebama.com/blog/?p=72

TerryP said:
The Anderson and Hester computer rankings along with the Peter Wolfe computer rankings are always the last to be released, fwiw.

Colley still has us at #1 in his poll.
Sagarin, Massey and Billingsley haven't been updated yet.

By my estimation, I don't see things changing at all this week with the way the early BCS projections look...which will likely have us in the top 2.

We are #3 in the Harris, #4 in the Coaches, #1 in 3 computer polls and #3 in the other. That, by my calculations, puts us right at #2-#3 in the BCS standings.

This all comes down to LSU...

I touched on this briefly a few weeks ago...

http://rolltidebama.com/blog/?p=72

I didn't know when the BCS came out but I did have some idea of the way the rankings were determined. As I see it it comes down to how LSU is ranked in the computer polls, as to which of us in #2. Either way, whoever is #2 will be so by a slim margin.

Terry, can you or one of the guys post a sticky with links to the BCS contributing polls? It seems like that step would be heading off a lot of questions that will soon be flooding in. Thanks.

LBS said:
Terry, can you or one of the guys post a sticky with links to the BCS contributing polls? It seems like that step would be heading off a lot of questions that will soon be flooding in. Thanks.

Yeah, I'll get to that...good idea.

Back
Top Bottom