| BSB/SB Bama hires Goff as new coach: Reports and Reactions

Why would he leave TCU and coach the Tide?
His is one of two names being mentioned ... prominently is a word that can be used I guess, prominently mentioned.

I don't know anything about their program. @planomateo lives there, he may have heard something. A quick google search shows he's getting paid in Dallas. I point that out to point this out ... we know a little about what kind of ballpark Battle is playing in, so to speak.

His is one of two names being mentioned ... prominently is a word that can be used I guess, prominently mentioned.

I don't know anything about their program. @planomateo lives there, he may have heard something. A quick google search shows he's getting paid in Dallas. I point that out to point this out ... we know a little about what kind of ballpark Battle is playing in, so to speak.

Look at his record since he's been hired, 1st place in all but 2 seasons (7 of 9) in the MWC and finished 6th, 2nd, 1st, and 3rd after joining the Big XII and been to 3 CWS since 2010. Not to mention that Schlossnagle's currently getting $75k more than Gaspard was, which would still put Schlossnagle at the bottom 1/3 of the SEC in terms of coaching salaries.

You don't spend ~$42 on a stadium upgrade and underpay your HC. Someone's gonna get paid, I wouldn't be surprised if they ended up spending $500k a year on a quality HC.

Jim Schlossnagle name to watch

I was thinking about him during their game last night against A&M. I would imagine TCU will start scratching around to find as money to keep him there. I know I would with the results he has posted. Who might be the other name on Battle's short list?

ECU coach was the other name.

That would be Godwin. I also see Cohen from Miss State as a pipe dream like Magadan to be honest. Cohen is a former State player, coaching at his alma mater, unlimited resources when it comes to baseball, and I'm sure the Bullies will do everything possible to keep him around StarkVegas for a very long time.

Interesting write up on some of the challenges Schlossnagle has to face at TCU. He is at a private school, competing against schools in state lottery assisted scholarships for talent, while asking kids to pay more for their tuition.

The Greatest Threat to America's Game: Tuition, Scholarships, and Baseball

Remind me again why Alabama hasn't enabled a state lottery to help lower the cost of tuition like other states around us have done for years...

Back
Top Bottom