| FTBL Anyone else get nervous?

Crimsonblood82

Verified Member
Sometimes, when Bama is playing, i get so nervous that i can't watch the game anymore..especially when it's a close game. I go outside, pace back and forth around the front yard and sometimes i even vomit (i know, bad picture)....and it gets me to wondering...am i the only one that does this? Is there something bad wrong with me? LOL

I get nervous, and walk outside for a couple of minutes...but i have never vomitted, maybe later that night after i celebrate to much :wink:

I don't have that problem. :wink:

Ask anyone that has run into me pacing back and forth on the sidewalk behind the Alabama bench. I'm as calm as can be. :D

Actually I decided after the Auburn game that was it as far as getting nervous. This morning was the 1st time all week that I've had even a flutter when thinking about the game. I don't plan on being nervous. I plan on enjoying the final bits of this special season.

BamaDelta said:

Ask anyone that has run into me pacing back and forth on the sidewalk behind the Alabama bench. I'm as calm as can be. :D

Actually I decided after the Auburn game that was it as far as getting nervous. This morning was the 1st time all week that I've had even a flutter when thinking about the game. I don't plan on being nervous. I plan on enjoying the final bits of this special season.
you not being nervous makes me nervous!!

Nate said:
BamaDelta said:

Walked outside, sky was still up there. No pigs flying. Hell hasn't frozen over...

TerryP said:
Nate said:
BamaDelta said:

Walked outside, sky was still up there. No pigs flying. Hell hasn't frozen over...

Guess it hasn't made it to SC yet. Getting slammed here in ATL with the pigs. :D

I get pretty nervous when I watch - tend to walk around alot. My wife was an Auburn fan before we met. Now, she can't stand the sight of them. She gets really bad during a BAMA game. So bad, she has to watch the game upstairs alone.....Talk about some profanity! I've created an animal.....I love it!

The single most nervous day of my life...I had to do a wedding and it started in the second quarter of Alabama vs Ole Miss - when we were down. The church was standing room only. My hands were shaking so badly that I had trouble handing the rings to the bride and groom! Nobody noticed but the bride...I have no idea how. I barely made it through the service.

Under Shula, yes. I felt like I was waiting for something bad to happen, a lot of the time it did. Under Saban, not so much. I find myself expecting to team to fight back. Take the Arkansas game last year for example.

Blowin' Chunks,
Tossin' Cookies,
Callin' your ol' buddy RALPH...

You mean like Hawaii's Colt Brennan did on television some time back against Alabama?

That was one of the weirdest scenes. They were trailing late, but driving. They call time out and He and Coach Jones are talking things over along the sidelines when Clot tips back his helmet and lets loose. Nervous? Alright, but what was so weird was the Coach did not flinch, as if he did not even notice it. Then to top it off, Colt does it again a few seconds later back in the huddle after the timeout. I was left asking if anyone else saw that.

Now THAT is nervous.

I haven't been nervous at all this year. Seriously, not once.

In fact, the most emotion I've felt was during the LSU game. Some here can attest, while others were freaking out during the last of that ball game I was having a blast commenting, "This is the best game I've seen all year."

After seeing the reaction of the team on the sidelines following the blocked kick I literally kicked back and relaxed. Even the excitement was gone.

I could just tell it, feel it, it was over. All that was left in that game were the reactions of the LSU fans for entertainment.

Before the Auburn game...it was as if I was watching a game from the 1970's and knew it play by play. Enjoyed it, but never felt the slightest bit of anxiety all week leading up to the game, not a whisper of "what if's" when it was on.

This week...not nervous...but, thinking about it right now I'm feeling some adrenaline.

I usually get pretty antsy leading up to a game, but before the Auburn game last week, I had never felt more confident about our team since I was born. (92 doesn't really count...I was to young to really understand it all) All I can say is that I feel the same leading up to the SECCG that I did last week.

oooooh yes, I get nervous. I don't actually barf but I do feel like it. I also can't yell, because usually there's a baby around me that I can't scare! I do a lot of silent jumping up and down, pacing, gesticulating, muttering at the TV, praying....yeah. It's sometimes not fun to watch with me. :oops:

TerryP said:
In fact, the most emotion I've felt was during the LSU game. Some here can attest, while others were freaking out during the last of that ball game I was having a blast commenting, "This is the best game I've seen all year."

I remember that well. Probably the first time I had ever thought "I don't like that guy" when thinking of you, Terry. :wink:

Of course after the game all was well. :)

Nervous? Naw! Just my pulse rate goes up a wee bit during some points in a game...

I am hoping that CNS can devise the strategy of his life against Urban Meyer & the Gators in the SEC Championship...

Hope he looks at the first half of the University of Miami defense going after Tim Tebow and how Houston Nutt's Ole Miss fared against the Florida Gators.

It has been a wonderful ride that still has two games toward perfection yet to be witnessed.

Go Bama!

Back
Top Bottom