| FTBL ALL THE UT MERGED TOPICS

HIGHTIDES

Verified Member
We have an identity! We are the true essence of smashmouth football. We'll go through your teeth to get to that inzone. We have won our best games with power running and CLOCK CONTROL and that's how we win this game, rather easily I'll add (all in theory). To stop our run takes big linebackers. If you look at the defenses that have struggled against us (Clemson, Arkansas, Georgia), they have pretty lightweight linebackers (most under 230 or 225lbs). Kentucky did okay against our run, they have some good size at linebacker and d-line. Notice that we have been DOMINANT against the rush. Why? We have 3 starting linebackers over 250lbs... also equipped with speed (one of em got over 1,000 yards rushing in only 4 games in high school). Now look at Tennessee's linebackers... more lightweights... their average weight is about 220 with the heaviest being around 225. Now, Ole Miss gave us some fits despite their linebackers, but their defensive line is HEAVY and VERY deep (not to mention a 340lb nose tackle)... much better than Tennessee's IMO. Despite the fact that this is a rivalry and anything can happen, only one thing SHOULD happen... an Alabama victory. Our lack of a fancy offense really helps us in games like these. You can know exactly what we're gonna do, and you won't be able to stop it. Tennessee doesn't have the manpower. I'm rarely this confident, and who knows... maybe a rainy day can change things and like I said, this is just theory.... but I just don't see it happening. So, my fellow bama fans, take a couple deep breaths, get your cigars ready, relax and enjoy the show. The clock is ours... and so is the game. Rtr

And we don't have Fulmer! :lol:

fulmer-donuts.jpg

This is precisely the attitude that can cause you to lose a game :roll: Already getting the cigar ready :roll: None of the garbage you mentioned can be applied to any second half play...Hope the players dont read this :roll: Not to mention...this is the same Tennessee team that just dominated MSU....

Southern Bama said:
This is precisely the attitude that can cause you to lose a game :roll: Already getting the cigar ready :roll: None of the garbage you mentioned can be applied to any second half play...Hope the players dont read this :roll: Not to mention...this is the same Tennessee team that just dominated MSU....

Might want to re-think that statement...the score doesn't tell a thing about how that game went. The domination you speak of is basically UT having less than 100 yards on offense more than MSU.

They won that game with their defense capitalizing on turnovers. Hardly domination. 3 INT's lead to 3 TD's, two returned for TD's.

It really was more like a 13-3 type win...

Southern Bama said:

Are you joking? His post was full of valid points. I'm all for not counting your chickens before they hatch...but we're not the ones that need to be 100% focused on not letting talk get to us. ...and MSU? :roll:

Our lack of a fancy offense really helps us in games like these.

Yep. Fancy pass happy offenses are slowly dying. Passhappy offensive teams = no defensive teams. Passhappy offenses can't mimic the power run that defenses need to see during a week of practice. This over time makes that team's defense soft. See Texas Tech, Hawaii, and Missouri. Its starting to happen to Oklahoma. It won't take long.

Red_Tsunami said:
Our lack of a fancy offense really helps us in games like these.

Yep. Fancy pass happy offenses are slowly dying. Passhappy offensive teams = no defensive teams. Passhappy offenses can't mimic the power run that defenses need to see during a week of practice. This over time makes that team's defense soft. See Texas Tech, Hawaii, and Missouri. Its starting to happen to Oklahoma. It won't take long.

There are some exceptions, such as Texas, but I concur.

TerryP said:
Southern Bama said:

Might want to re-think that statement...the score doesn't tell a thing about how that game went. The domination you speak of is basically UT having less than 100 yards on offense more than MSU.

They won that game with their defense capitalizing on turnovers. Hardly domination. 3 INT's lead to 3 TD's, two returned for TD's.

I suppose you could apply that same logic to our game with Arkansas...without the turnovers..we really did not dominate either. Personally, I dont care how the win comes...But to win 34-3 is IMO dominating...I dont give a flip how they got the points. If we had won as that same Tennessee team did...everyone here would be chanting how we dominated that game.. :roll:

Southern Bama said:
TerryP said:
Southern Bama said:

I suppose you could apply that same logic to our game with Arkansas...without the turnovers..we really did not dominate either. Personally, I dont care how the win comes...But to win 34-3 is IMO dominating...I dont give a flip how they got the points. If we had won as that same Tennessee team did...everyone here would be chanting how we dominated that game.. :roll:

What is your point in all this? That Tennessee managed to dominate arguably the worst team in the SEC this year? I don't see how that helps your "argument."

volrock said:
Eric Berry will score 3 TD's bet on it

LOL! Thats rich. UGA is the only TEAM to have scored 3 TD's on Bama, and you are saying that a player who has never taken a snap on offense in college is going to? Behind the vol's rather offensive line? LOL.

My prediction in Trickle Down was 34-14, however I could see it being a 40+ to 7 type game, if UT folds when we smack them in the mouth.

I think Bama plays a complete game this week.

volrock said:
Eric Berry will score 3 TD's bet on it

Ahh yes, I was wondering where all the Vile fans were.

If he can score three on us, why hasn't he already done this on other teams this year?

I mean really, your team has had ONE game where they scored more then two TD's in it. I'm confused at why all the sudden 3 TD's???? :roll:

Back
Top Bottom