| FTBL ALL THE UT MERGED TOPICS

BamaCore said:
Southern Bama said:
TerryP said:
Southern Bama said:
This is precisely the attitude that can cause you to lose a game :roll: Already getting the cigar ready :roll: None of the garbage you mentioned can be applied to any second half play...Hope the players dont read this :roll: Not to mention...this is the same Tennessee team that just dominated MSU....

Might want to re-think that statement...the score doesn't tell a thing about how that game went. The domination you speak of is basically UT having less than 100 yards on offense more than MSU.

They won that game with their defense capitalizing on turnovers. Hardly domination. 3 INT's lead to 3 TD's, two returned for TD's.

It really was more like a 13-3 type win...

I suppose you could apply that same logic to our game with Arkansas...without the turnovers..we really did not dominate either. Personally, I dont care how the win comes...But to win 34-3 is IMO dominating...I dont give a flip how they got the points. If we had won as that same Tennessee team did...everyone here would be chanting how we dominated that game.. :roll:

What is your point in all this? That Tennessee managed to dominate arguably the worst team in the SEC this year? I don't see how that helps your "argument."

Arguably the worst team in the SEC :roll: Do we really have a BAD SEC team :?: MSU did beat what I consider to be a pretty good Vandy team....But some here may not think that is of any importance....This game is Fulmers saving grace...while we may have better coaching and better athletes...they will have a strong desire to win...maybe even for 4 quarters :roll:

f_TideElephanm_82ca8fc.jpg

Just leave the take two seaters in Bama

Southern Bama said:
BamaCore said:
Southern Bama said:
TerryP said:
Southern Bama said:
This is precisely the attitude that can cause you to lose a game :roll: Already getting the cigar ready :roll: None of the garbage you mentioned can be applied to any second half play...Hope the players dont read this :roll: Not to mention...this is the same Tennessee team that just dominated MSU....

Might want to re-think that statement...the score doesn't tell a thing about how that game went. The domination you speak of is basically UT having less than 100 yards on offense more than MSU.

They won that game with their defense capitalizing on turnovers. Hardly domination. 3 INT's lead to 3 TD's, two returned for TD's.

I suppose you could apply that same logic to our game with Arkansas...without the turnovers..we really did not dominate either. Personally, I dont care how the win comes...But to win 34-3 is IMO dominating...I dont give a flip how they got the points. If we had won as that same Tennessee team did...everyone here would be chanting how we dominated that game.. :roll:

What is your point in all this? That Tennessee managed to dominate arguably the worst team in the SEC this year? I don't see how that helps your "argument."

Arguably the worst team in the SEC :roll: Do we really have a BAD SEC team :?: MSU did beat what I consider to be a pretty good Vandy team....But some here may not think that is of any importance....This game is Fulmers saving grace...while we may have better coaching and better athletes...they will have a strong desire to win...maybe even for 4 quarters :roll:

Yes...we really do have a bad SEC team. lol It happens. Not every SEC team is a world beater. Might wanna go check their record...

That my friend is a manufacturer of a future nose tackle or possibly a nose tackle herself and it appears that the guy behind her pointed that out.

Southern Bama said:
TerryP said:
Southern Bama said:

There is no comparison that can be made between those two games.

If you will notice, I pointed out how little difference there was in the yards those two teams had.

Since you bring Arkansas into this conversation, I think you can easily say Alabama having close to 330 yards rushing and Arkansas not having over 100 yards is dominating. Yes.

UT's win over MSU was dominating on the scoreboard. Yes, that is where it counts. But, team vs team they were very evenly matched in this game.

BamaCore said:
Southern Bama said:
BamaCore said:
Southern Bama said:
TerryP said:
Southern Bama said:

Yes...we really do have a bad SEC team. lol It happens. Not every SEC team is a world beater. Might wanna go check their record...

OK.......Gee..Whiz...Im sure that will clear everything up... :roll:

Southern Bama said:
BamaCore said:
Southern Bama said:
BamaCore said:
Southern Bama said:
TerryP said:
Southern Bama said:

Apparently it did, seeing as you have no argument to come back at me with other than unbridled sarcastic remarks....and yet another eye-rolling emote.

Southern Bama said:

This isn't an attitude. It's analyzing football and both squads and seeing an opportunity. I'm not on here saying JPW is going throw for 300 yards or anything unfounded. Based on what I said, we could end up with only 2 touchdowns. I'm saying, based on THEORY, that lightweight linebackers have struggled against our running game... and it could happen this game. And yeah, have your cigars ready. I have one ready every year. What do you do.. wait til we win then run to the store?! I'm not saying it will come easy, I'm saying our running game should have success and run the clock (based on previous trends that I've been paying attention to). It's not "garbage" when it's based on fact. I said we'd struggle against Kentucky linebackers and Ole Miss's defensive line. Was that garbage or attitude... I was right. I hope our players don't read YOUR response. They've busted their ass to go undefeated, I'm showing faith in their abilities and coaching, and you're COMPARING THEM TO MSU! Pipe down and have some fun. We all know anything can happen. Tennessee's defense is capable of shutting us down for sure. Just offering some insight.

TerryP said:
Southern Bama said:
TerryP said:
Southern Bama said:

If you will notice, I pointed out how little difference there was in the yards those two teams had.

Since you bring Arkansas into this conversation, I think you can easily say Alabama having close to 330 yards rushing and Arkansas not having over 100 yards is dominating. Yes.

UT's win over MSU was dominating on the scoreboard. Yes, that is where it counts. But, team vs team they were very evenly matched in this game.

UT has a good secondary, but I don't see JPW throwing as many interceptions in one game as he has thrown in seven games combined. If Coffee continues his fumblitis, Ingram is a worthy substitute.

TerryP said:
Southern Bama said:
TerryP said:
Southern Bama said:

Flip side to the same coin....Bama Had 74 pass yds..Arky had 217 pass yds. We were dominated in that aspect.

Southern Bama said:
TerryP said:
Southern Bama said:
TerryP said:
Southern Bama said:

Flip side to the same coin....Bama Had 74 pass yds..Arky had 217 pass yds. We were dominated in that aspect.

How many pass attempts did we have and how many pass attempts did Arky have?

BamaCore said:
Southern Bama said:
BamaCore said:
Southern Bama said:
BamaCore said:
Southern Bama said:
TerryP said:
Southern Bama said:

Apparently it did, seeing as you have no argument to come back at me with other than unbridled sarcastic remarks....and yet another eye-rolling emote.

IMO Records dont mean squat in certain games...I dont think a win / loss record should even be factored into ones belief of a team either being good or bad at gametime...Ole Miss is a prime example...I dont think their record is a true reflection of the teams ability. If a coach prepared his team based on the opponents records...it would be a bad idea dont ya think :idea: :?: "Well...lets see..they are 2 and 5...therefore, we can slide some on practice this week....since they are the worst team in the conference...lets shorten practices this week" Never underestimate a desperate team and coaching staff on their own home field with a emotional game like this....I hope we destroy them as much as the next person...but we better play hard and play a COMPLETE game...4 full quarters...

Southern Bama said:
TerryP said:
Southern Bama said:
TerryP said:
Southern Bama said:

When you have a higher average per carry rushing (9.4) than your opponent has average per completion passing (4.7) by double, there was no domination PERIOD. Bama dominated in every phase of the game.

Back
Top Bottom