BamaCore said:
Southern Bama said:
BamaCore said:
Southern Bama said:
BamaCore said:
Southern Bama said:
TerryP said:
Southern Bama said:
This is precisely the attitude that can cause you to lose a game :roll: Already getting the cigar ready :roll: None of the garbage you mentioned can be applied to any second half play...Hope the players dont read this :roll: Not to mention...this is the same Tennessee team that just dominated MSU....

Might want to re-think that statement...the score doesn't tell a thing about how that game went. The domination you speak of is basically UT having less than 100 yards on offense more than MSU.

They won that game with their defense capitalizing on turnovers. Hardly domination. 3 INT's lead to 3 TD's, two returned for TD's.

It really was more like a 13-3 type win...

I suppose you could apply that same logic to our game with Arkansas...without the turnovers..we really did not dominate either. Personally, I dont care how the win comes...But to win 34-3 is IMO dominating...I dont give a flip how they got the points. If we had won as that same Tennessee team did...everyone here would be chanting how we dominated that game.. :roll:

What is your point in all this? That Tennessee managed to dominate arguably the worst team in the SEC this year? I don't see how that helps your "argument."

Arguably the worst team in the SEC :roll: Do we really have a BAD SEC team :?: MSU did beat what I consider to be a pretty good Vandy team....But some here may not think that is of any importance....This game is Fulmers saving grace...while we may have better coaching and better athletes...they will have a strong desire to win...maybe even for 4 quarters :roll:

Yes...we really do have a bad SEC team. lol It happens. Not every SEC team is a world beater. Might wanna go check their record...

OK.......Gee..Whiz...Im sure that will clear everything up... :roll:

Apparently it did, seeing as you have no argument to come back at me with other than unbridled sarcastic remarks....and yet another eye-rolling emote.

IMO Records dont mean squat in certain games...I dont think a win / loss record should even be factored into ones belief of a team either being good or bad at gametime...Ole Miss is a prime example...I dont think their record is a true reflection of the teams ability. If a coach prepared his team based on the opponents records...it would be a bad idea dont ya think :idea: :?: "Well...lets see..they are 2 and 5...therefore, we can slide some on practice this week....since they are the worst team in the conference...lets shorten practices this week" Never underestimate a desperate team and coaching staff on their own home field with a emotional game like this....I hope we destroy them as much as the next person...but we better play hard and play a COMPLETE game...4 full quarters...

I understand that much. I very much agree with you on this but your reasoning for jumping all over the topic starter for giving a passionate yet reasonable opinion on the game was uncalled for. Emotion plays a part in games, but Tennessee also has the record they have for a reason. I would agree that the coaching staff can't look at the teams records and just half-ass it...but that's the coaching staff's job, and you can be assured that Saban won't...and I highly doubt me looking at their records will change that.

Fair enuff :) I have always felt passionate about treating every game as it is for a national championship...and your opponent is just as good or better than you....Never make assumptions on "how you will whip them..and have the game won even before the first whistle blows" Miami had that same attitude in the 93 championship game....that they were already winners...that we were nobody...they believed all that garbage and it got them a loss...not only a loss...but they were never even in the game.

I agree with you Southern... this is the first time I've ever said we would win a game before hand. I can't say I COMPLETELY believe it, but I feel good about this matchup. Just trying to liven things up a bit. By the way, that was 1992... and yeah, Miami was waaayy too confident.

bamadezz said:
Well we might as well not show up, Kirk Herbstreit just said he's concerned about us against UT. It's all over now! :lol:

Just like he said against Ole Miss...just like he said against UK...

I understand the reasoning the media is saying they're concerned...I just don't agree with their reasoning.

I look at the UGA game and see lop-sided numbers.

UT does have a pretty good defense, don't get me wrong. They held Georgia under their average rushing the ball and Georgia attempted to run the ball a few more times than they usually do. If we assume they do the same thing to us, we'll only get around 180 yards or so rushing at an average of about 4 yards a carry.

UGA also gave up 2 INT's. That leads me to believe we'll have one, maybe two, as well. BUT, I have to weigh that against the two passing attacks (UGA's vs UA's) are completely different systems. (that's one of the reasons I've talked about how I think we'll be throwing underneath the secondary this weekend)

The thing is...I guess I should say the point I'm trying to make is...

I seriously doubt, SERIOUSLY, that the guys we see talking about this weekends game have spent a quarter of the time looking at it as compared to what we have. Well, I know how much time I've spent looking at different aspects of the UT game this season...I follow this contest more so than any other game UA plays all year.

I just hope that we can come out and play a complete game...not come out like wild-fire..only to relax for quarters three and four...clinging to what was a comfortable lead. If we can come out like wild-fire and keep on keppin on...that would be great....never lifting up. They have nothing to lose....absolutely nothing...where we have everything to lose...talk about the spoiler...to know that I was a Vol and squashed bamas chances to play for a NC. They can afford to be reckless and run crap that they would probably never do in a game. ( Houston Nutt Syndrome ) however he will do just about anything regardless...I would like to see four consistant quarters over two high intensity quarters..But a win is a win...no matter how we get there.

volrock said:
weezyfbaby00 said:
volrock said:

Nobody is questioning how good he is. But 3 TDs? :roll: I didn't know they even made puke-Orange Kool-Aid.

OK...Two

One INT return for a TD

And a punt return for a TD

crack-15.jpg

It kills.

Back
Top Bottom