| FTBL Alex Watkins

G

Anybody heard anything out of this guy?

I think he redshirted last year and looked to be a pretty good DE/LB.

Is there a shot he may compete for time?

If anyone has a good opportunity to play, it is him since he's at a position (Jack) low on depth/talent. At this point though, he doesn't seem to be any better than the rest of the guys at the position, so he's kinda bogged down on the low end of the depth chart. Hightower's arrival (assuming he goes to Jack) and Upshaw coming in are not good for his chances either.

Some of these guys better step up if they want to see some pt.

I have a feeling that many of the new guys are going to push hard for time.

I also think that the lack of depth on our defense is going to attract other good players looking to see the field early.

Yep, competition is definitely heating up and I love it!!! The best players available SHOULD play first!!! I just hope this rule is the same across the board, including at QB!!!

Competition will do nothing but benefit players and the team as a whole. It will bring out the best in the players and ultimately put the most talented and deserving player on the field. I hope the guys on the current roster are ready to compete for starting roles with these freshmen.

weezyfbaby00 said:
Competition will do nothing but benefit players and the team as a whole. It will bring out the best in the players and ultimately put the most talented and deserving player on the field. I hope the guys on the current roster are ready to compete for starting roles with these freshmen.

Weezy, you said a mouth full. They either get ready or get left behind!!! Better get while the getting is good!!! You get it? :lol:

Porter said:
If anyone has a good opportunity to play, it is him since he's at a position (Jack) low on depth/talent. At this point though, he doesn't seem to be any better than the rest of the guys at the position, so he's kinda bogged down on the low end of the depth chart. Hightower's arrival (assuming he goes to Jack) and Upshaw coming in are not good for his chances either.

I fully expect Hightower and Upshaw to beat him out, unforunately for him.

rolltide9212 said:
Are both Hightower and Upshaw that good already? I sure hope so. Didn't Upshaw play in an all star game that was on TV? Seems like he was a good player in that game.

Both are good. I expect Donta will see more PT early on than Courtney.

TerryP said:
rolltide9212 said:
Are both Hightower and Upshaw that good already? I sure hope so. Didn't Upshaw play in an all star game that was on TV? Seems like he was a good player in that game.

Both are good. I expect Donta will see more PT early on than Courtney.

Alex Watkins has been in the system for a year and seems to be a pretty good ball player. He was ranked as high as Upshaw and higher than Hightower coming out of HS. I doubt one of the others would come in and start immediately over Watkins. That is what competition is about though. It is a great thing all around.

Back
Top Bottom