| FTBL Alabama's pass rush....

does it worry you?

I've heard a lot about your DL and it's potential to be good. However, from an outsider's perpsective (and one that doesn't know as much about your guys as obviously you do)...

I see a DL that struggled to rush the passer last season, losing it's top sack leader, with an inexperienced LB corps behind it.

What happens on the 30th? How will you get pressure, and what'll happen if you don't?

There will be an interesting battle when you are throwing. We have DBs that we think will be very good in coverage. Our defense is pretty aggressive in that we usually don't play a lot of soft zone, and aren't afraid of our corners being islolated. On obvious passing downs we'll bring a lot of guys, but it will rarely be the same blitz.

I don't know alot about Clemson but are DL should match up real well with there OL not sure but wasn't there like 9 sacks giving up in Clemson spring game if so thats scarey either they have a great great DL or suspect OL

TigerTeacher2007 said:
does it worry you?

I've heard a lot about your DL and it's potential to be good. However, from an outsider's perpsective (and one that doesn't know as much about your guys as obviously you do)...

I see a DL that struggled to rush the passer last season, losing it's top sack leader, with an inexperienced LB corps behind it.

What happens on the 30th? How will you get pressure, and what'll happen if you don't?

I am a little concerned about a lack of a pass rush. However I don't think it will be too difficult to replace our sack leader from last year, Wallace Gilberry. He was a good player and a much better person and I'm proud he was a member of the Alabama football program, but he wasn't a dominant player.

I think the DL this year will be improved but mainly against the run. I might be alone in this but I think we'll continue to struggle to put pressure on the QB against quality opponents. I will concede that there is a lot of talent in place now but until they prove they're capable of dominating a game I'll continue to be nervous.

FWIW - the 05 defense never had much of a pass rush either.

To answer the above question

People I've spoken with that know the program say this is our best D Line in almost 20 years.

But our OL this spring was obviously still jelling... and will still be when Bama rolls into Atlanta.

So I guess both are correct.

TigerTeacher2007 said:
does it worry you?

Undeniably true. Bama hasn't had much of a pass rush the last two years. I think that will change soon, but our guys will have their hands full on August 30.

I'll tell you what Tiger. I can't remember where I found it but there's a highlight video of Terrence Cody. You know, the monster that's gonna eat yall's OL up. You need to watch it and THEN tell us we won't have a pass rush. I don't see many people stopping this guy. Especially Clemson's young OL.

jocephus8179 said:
I'll tell you what Tiger. I can't remember where I found it but there's a highlight video of Terrence Cody. You know, the monster that's gonna eat yall's OL up. You need to watch it and THEN tell us we won't have a pass rush. I don't see many people stopping this guy. Especially Clemson's young OL.
He is 6-5 Wt: 385 40: 5.6, and will squash a QB like a bug. :wink:

http://alabama.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?sport=1&pr_key=63052

Some Photoshop phenom should put his face on Mount Rushmore, after all, he is also referred to as Mt. Cody.
TERRENCECODY11_21150.JPG

Chuck-E-Cheeze said:
Can we get some more measurables on him? Such as bench, squat etc..
I can't remember the exact #'s but I know that when he was playing JUCO, he was doing squats and had over 600 on there doin it with no problem and the coach wouldn't let him put more on there because he was worried about the degree the bar was bending. :D

If I'm not mistaken, I think the link that Bama1966 just posted is where I read it.

Holy Mackerel! 660 w/ no problem, could have done 700 on the squat but nobody that can spot him! Don't know if you guys realize how impressive those numbers are for a young and obviously steroid-free young man, but I am now much more excited about having him at The Capstone!!

Back
Top Bottom