| RECRUIT ALABAMA'S 2020 Signing Class - Wednesday opens final signing days

Second Team:
quote:
RB —Jase McClellan, Aledo (Texas), 5-10.5, 202, Sr.— Jase McClellan, Aledo (Texas), 5-10.5, 202, Sr. Helped the Bearcats to their third state title in four years. The 2020 Alabama signee rushed for 1,485 yards and 29 touchdowns in nine games.

OL —Damieon George, North Shore (Houston), 6-6, 348, Sr.
— Damieon George, North Shore (Houston), 6-6, 348, Sr.
Helped pave the way for one of the best offenses in high school football. Played a huge role for the back-to-back 6A Division 1 state champs.

AP —Drew Sanders, Ryan (Denton, Texas), 6-5, 232, Sr.— Drew Sanders, Ryan (Denton, Texas), 6-5, 232, Sr.
The 2020 Alabama signee was one of the most well-rounded players in high school football. He made a huge impact on both sides of the ball for the runner-ups in 5A Division 1.

Alabama LB Josh McMillon returning for 2020 (AL.com)

The two inside linebackers that Alabama lost to season-ending knee injuries last August will return to the team in 2020.

After Dylan Moses reiterated his intention last week to return for his senior season, the mother of Joshua McMillon wrote Monday on Facebook that her son will also be back next season.

Josh McMillon wrote last month on his Facebook page that he had been granted a medical redshirt to be eligible for a sixth college season in 2020. However, he later tweeted that being granted the redshirt did not necessarily mean he would come back to use it.

Monday’s post by McMillon’s mother clears up the question of whether Alabama will have both Moses and McMillon available to them next year.

The Tide will have plenty of options at linebacker next season. Moses and McMillon will join returning freshmen starters Shane Lee and Christian Harris, while Alabama will welcome a 2020 recruiting class that includes several top linebacker prospects.

McMillon joins Moses, wide receiver DeVonta Smith and left tackle Alex Leatherwood among Alabama underclassmen announcing their plans to return for another season.

8329517.JPG

SIMMONS: Takeaways from UA All-America week

quote:
I do not see Jayson Jones ending up in Tuscaloosa. The lineman out of Calera, Ala. is set to officially visit Baylor January 17, then Oregon the following weekend. Georgia Tech had him on campus over the summer for an official visit and Ole Miss has started to talk with him too. He has talked about Alabama liking him more on the offensive side of the ball and that he could possibly be a Blue Shirt there, so although his love for the in-state school is strong, the opportunities to play defense at other schools will likely lead him elsewhere. Who pushes for Jones? That is the biggest question. Could it be the Yellow Jackets in Atlanta? What about the Ducks? Could the bears make a late push? This is one to watch.

All-American Bowl: Stock report after the week in San Antonio

quote:
STOCK UP

quote:
There may not have been a player who made a more convincing case for a rankings bump than William Anderson, who may be in line for the biggest leap of any prospect in the country. Anderson was unstoppable during 1-on-1s, flashing a high motor, elite burst off the ball, a spin move and the ability to simply bull-rush tackles with ease. That continued into the All-American Bowl, where he notched a sack and two tackles behind the line of scrimmage.

All-American Bowl Week: Schools that should be pleased

quote:
Alabama

Perhaps the biggest eye-opener this week in San Antonio was the performance by William Anderson. He’s currently ranked as the No. 159 player in the country, but made a case as a Rivals100 prospect with how he performed not only in the practices, but in the game itself. Anderson had one sack and a pair of tackles for loss in the All-American Bowl and looks to be the next great pass-rusher in Tuscaloosa.

Fellow Alabama signees Jamil Burroughs, Brian Branch and Bryce Young were also outstanding throughout the week. Young led the West squad with six completions for 164 yards and a pair of touchdowns.

New Bama offer …..

2020 cornerback Ennis Rakestraw announced an offer from Alabama on Tuesday, and the Duncanville (TX) standout says it’s a big one. “It’s immeasurable with words. Since I was eight years old I’ve wanted to go to Bama...

"It’s just how their defense plays, they play hard. That’s how I pride myself — being physical, fast, and fearless. Just watching them as a football team, you’ll learn a lot from a coach like Nick Saban and how he instructs those guys. They have discipline. You can tell he’s very structure-oriented.”

Three official visits are on the schedule to Miami (Jan. 17-19), Missouri (Jan. 24-26), and Michigan State (Jan. 31-Feb. 2). With the latest offer, Rakestraw says UA will receive an official visit (he has four remaining).

“Decisions are going to have to be made,” he said of his schedule. “Today I will be talking to Nick Saban and the corners coach, so I’ll talk about the date with them. At this moment I thought signing day, but when I feel like it’s right, it’s right,” he said of a decision date. “If I visit and it’s right, it’s right.”

Back
Top Bottom