| MBB/WBB Alabama Walk-on Kai Spears gets a surprise gift: He's now on Scholly

It's my issue.

Why do y'all care so much about my reaction to a post?

It's not a reaction to a post. It is a reaction to a player who earned his scholarship. As a 'Bama fan, that's a good thing to see an actual college athlete earning a scholarship who needs it & who isn't exploiting the 'Bama Brand for just NIL.

And yeah, the spite is due to the content of the NY Times article. I remember it well how you were burning at the stake any players associated with that incident. And the more the facts were revealled the more of a Troll you looked.

Lastly, we don't mind folks having dissenting opinions on this board but if someone is going to attack players without defending their point of view without actually substantiative facts & pure congecture, then be prepared to be called out for that BS. But you already knew this anyway.

Just a thought... being a sanctiomoniuos bleacher critic of those in the arena will never get the validation you seek.

It's not a reaction to a post. It is a reaction to a player who earned his scholarship. As a 'Bama fan, that's a good thing to see an actual college athlete earning a scholarship who needs it & who isn't exploiting the 'Bama Brand for just NIL.

And yeah, the spite is due to the content of the NY Times article. I remember it well how you were burning at the stake any players associated with that incident. And the more the facts were revealled the more of a Troll you looked.

Lastly, we don't mind folks having dissenting opinions on this board but if someone is going to attack players without defending their point of view without actually substantiative facts & pure congecture, then be prepared to be called out for that BS. But you already knew this anyway.

Just a thought... being a sanctiomoniuos bleacher critic of those in the arena will never get the validation you seek.
OK.

Some folks apparently do. I was as shocked as you.
Let me translate this for you once again.

A player EARNED a scholarship on a team that we all gather here, together, to discuss.

Another player, a walk-on, who is on this same team sat with both Oats and Kia and agreed he and his family were in greater need for the assistance with tuition.

And, offense intended, you are being a dick about a guy having success in life: an Alabama player at that.

So, let me phrase my question in another fashion. Why are you being such a dick about a success story for an Alabama athlete?

Let me translate this for you once again.

A player EARNED a scholarship on a team that we all gather here, together, to discuss.

Another player, a walk-on, who is on this same team sat with both Oats and Kia and agreed he and his family were in greater need for the assistance with tuition.

And, offense intended, you are being a dick about a guy having success in life: an Alabama player at that.

So, let me phrase my question in another fashion. Why are you being such a dick about a success story for an Alabama athlete?
I do not have to be happy about an athlete receiving a scholarship if I don't believe they deserve it.

Back
Top Bottom