| NEWS Alabama football: Ty Simpson betting favorite to start at QB Week 1 - On3.com

Here's the thing. We don't need a QB or any players to be star. We just need them to do their job. Focus on their job and rest will fall along.
I would tend to agree in old school college football… but unfortunately, it’s becoming strictly cutthroat business now…maybe it will return to that one day… I think college will be more dog eat dog than pro ball..

Has the talent, but can it translate to the field?! Remember the new OC demands every qbs to be able to make right decisions during the game.

Oh I agree with you 100% there. And I cannot personally answer that question because I didn't even really pay attention to A-Day nor have I heard anything out of practice. I just think Saban wants a guy that has the ability to get out of a situation. Hurts, Tua, and Bryce were all mobile to very mobile quarterbacks and could get out of trouble and we saw a lot of success with them.

If we had the receivers to just blow past everyone or experienced route runners, a pocket passer like Mac will suffice since a guy like him was very intelligent and know where to get the ball to and quickly get it there. I think we have talented receivers, but young receivers that may get a pocket passers head knocked off.

I'm confused. Alabama philosophy hasn't changed. Do your job. Saban always preach that
Not trying to confuse… just saying with exceptions a lot of these new players are mercenaries or hired guns if you will..they are in it to win it for themselves… they don’t do Team well… they do NIL.. they are NFL lite…some play hard, some only when needed..if they aren’t content things they become a problem…. You’ll see it will get a lot worse before it gets better… it’s just beginning..

The reports from spring camp had Buchner as QB1 (over Sam Hartman) in South Bend for the first two weeks. These same guys also reported that it seemed Buchner had "checked out" the last week of camp and they weren't sure how it would end. A week later Buchner transfers to Bama.

Hurts and Tua, Watts and Zow, Coker and Blake ... all kinds of similarities except one big one.

A couple of years ago the NCAA passed an addendum that changed the rules for contact with players over the summer. Rees can work with these guys up until fall camp begins. I believe the limit is 20 hours per week but I'll have to double check that.

It puts a bit of a new spin on 7 on 7's ... QB's are getting a lot more coaching this summer than they have in the past.

I have been on your side with Buchner's abilities, I just haven't heard anything about him since being at Alabama. Hartman was a tough guy to beat out, but it's also a different animal at Alabama than at Wake Forest and Notre Dame. Has he been able to transition to the SEC speed, talent, and playbook?

If it becomes obvious he cant play qb on our level or the next, then he needs something to make him a star…a new posistion or another team.. but reality is currently setting in, “He will not be that guy”…would hate to see him waste away on the pine… and it would clear a scholly…
Forgive the analogy...

At this point Milroe's story reminds me of Tyrod Taylor. It took several years for him to develop into a quarterback: a lot of that coming after college.

Chew on this for a minute. Jalen Hurts was an athlete playing quarterback who eventually became a quarterback. Jalen Milroe is still in that transition: it just takes time with some guys.

I read somewhere he was picking up steam in the contest…Saban needs find a way to keep him happy if he is not the qb… he is not great at the start of a run so he is not a running back type… but if he is in the open field his speed kills..he can transfer next year…
If he's not happy with the role the coaches deem is best for the team, then he needs to go.

I have been on your side with Buchner's abilities, I just haven't heard anything about him since being at Alabama. Hartman was a tough guy to beat out, but it's also a different animal at Alabama than at Wake Forest and Notre Dame. Has he been able to transition to the SEC speed, talent, and playbook?
It's really quiet around campus right now

Has he been able to transition to the SEC speed, talent, and playbook?
Shane Beamer sure thinks he's already there.

Forgive the analogy...

At this point Milroe's story reminds me of Tyrod Taylor. It took several years for him to develop into a quarterback: a lot of that coming after college.

Chew on this for a minute. Jalen Hurts was an athlete playing quarterback who eventually became a quarterback. Jalen Milroe is still in that transition: it just takes time with some guys.
Right…
Is OUR OFFENSE the wrong offense type for Milroe? Was he an option or veer runner in high school?…Or is our coaches the wrong coach FOR HIM…
Hurts went threw multiple offenses and OCs in college..but he found the magic bullet in the pros..I guess Brian Johnson is a good teacher..

That's the narrative y'all are putting it out there...
I just think really good players rotting on our bench is terrible…that is a good reason for a portal.. if you have an extra ordinary player that sits on the bench because there is so much talent ahead of him… then yes let him move on… it should be MERIT based somehow..

Right…
Is OUR OFFENSE the wrong offense type for Milroe? Was he an option or veer runner in high school?…Or is our coaches the wrong coach FOR HIM…
Hurts went threw multiple offenses and OCs in college..but he found the magic bullet in the pros..I guess Brian Johnson is a good teacher..
It's not the offense.

Read what @TerryP posted. It takes time to be a good QB.

Fyi.... Hurts was real good his last season at Alabama and then got to Oklahoma and continued to get better. Then he went to Eagles and continued to get better.

Milroe will be much better QB come December and if he should transfer, he'll do well.

FWIW, I’m told Simpson”s thumb injury held him back in spring and that he thinks a lot of himself. Maybe an attitude adjustment is in order. Back on the day, EJ Junior paid Linnie Patrick a visit…it didn’t go well for Linnie but he became a better team mate afterwards…

Right…
Your asking the wrong questions. Is the Bama offense the right offense if you're wanting to move to the next level? Or, is it a option/veer based system?

Jalen has said, much like Jalen said, that he's here to improve his ability as a passing quarterback.

Hurts progression as a quarterback happened, largely, in the off season. The time he spent with Enos ... that's when the "light came on."

It's not the offense.

Read what @TerryP posted. It takes time to be a good QB.

Fyi.... Hurts was real good his last season at Alabama and then got to Oklahoma and continued to get better. Then he went to Eagles and continued to get better.

Milroe will be much better QB come December and if he should transfer, he'll do well.
Well I hope he does well… He seems very loyal to UA…His clock is ticking… If an underclass man beats him out , he must do what is best for him..Sayin is here next year (🤞🏻) .. its only getting harder..

Back
Top Bottom