| NEWS Alabama Football Individual Award Winners (Updated)

Yeah, that Miami kicker was pretty solid and could boot it. I think people thought Reichard was never in a position to really be needed. Not his fault, just perception. He didn't have many attempts in my mind and I felt that was what was keeping him off so many radars.
I truly believe that 52 yarder he nailed before the half against UGA was the turning point in that game and it was Reichard’s “Groza/Heisman moment!”

But,but, but...... I thought it was Sunshine that started the #WeWantToPlay or at least that is what ESPN told us and shoved down our throats. Glad to hear the Rencher kids’ story.

So far,

Mac Jones wins the Davey O’Brien QB Award
Alex Leatherwood wins the Outland Trophy
Devonta Smith wins the Bilitnikoff Award
Landon Dickerson wins the Rimington Trophy

And Bama has five unanimous All-Americans - Smith, Harris, Surtain, Dickerson and Leatherwood!

It’s already been an unprecedented award haul for Bama tonight and this season but more could come in a few minutes!

Can someone please explain something to me? Alex Leatherwood is a first team All American. He won the Outland trophy for best tackle. He has played outstanding all year and is an anchor for the best OL in the nation. But he's projected in the mid to late 2nd round. I don't understand this. I have seen the scouting reports on him and read about all his shortcomings, but why is he such a decorated player if he's not that good? It's like a Green Beret who wins the DSC, the Silver Star, and the Medal of Honor, and then some general says I don't want that guy in my squad. Really?

Back
Top Bottom