| GAME THREAD šŸˆšŸ† Alabama Football Falls to Georgia in the CFP National Championship Game, 33-18

"Generational talent" isn't just "anybody." Heisman winners aren't just "anybody." How would running inside the 10 have changed anything? Alabama averaged about 2 yards per carry, do you think the offensive line was going to magically not suck inside the 10? We knew this game was going to be on Bryce and he showed that if he doesn't have the elite receivers to throw to what happens. All we've heard all year was how unshakeable he is and "ice in his veins" and all that yet he was throwing a fit on the sideline after multiple drives because of incompetence from him, the line, the receivers, the playcalling. Don't get me wrong, this was a total team effort of a loss, though.
Yeah Bryce sucks.
Bet he excels a little more than you doā€¦.

Iā€™m proud of this team for the way they fought back against adversity all year. They overachieved for sure. I think they will be very tough next season.

What makes you think that? Brian Robinson is gone. The only competent offensive lineman is gone. The only receivers left are Hall (who will surely whine on Twitter after this and then transfer to be mediocre at FAU or something), Baker (does he even exist?), Holden (somehow slower than Bolden), Brooks (did he even play tonight?) and Billingsley (LOL). Unless Will Anderson and Dallas Turner are going to play ever position on defense, that group will be even worse, which is terrifying.

Here is the kickerā€¦

Watch how uGA responds next year. Weā€™ll see how good a coach Kirby is. They lose a ton of talent. Will they be able to respond? Alabama this year was a rebuilding year and we made it to the NC game.
Dude, donā€™t let common sense take hold in here.
Havenā€™t you heard, we suck, we are average at best, never win another gameā€¦.
You make a lot of sense. We will be back!

"Generational talent" isn't just "anybody." Heisman winners aren't just "anybody." How would running inside the 10 have changed anything? Alabama averaged about 2 yards per carry, do you think the offensive line was going to magically not suck inside the 10? We knew this game was going to be on Bryce and he showed that if he doesn't have the elite receivers to throw to what happens. All we've heard all year was how unshakeable he is and "ice in his veins" and all that yet he was throwing a fit on the sideline after multiple drives because of incompetence from him, the line, the receivers, the playcalling. Don't get me wrong, this was a total team effort of a loss, though.
To be fairā€¦ Bryce made some great passes the FR receivers didnā€™t catch. Bryce didnā€™t lose this game.

Don't be a dumbass. You know how momentum works and we had them on their heels all game long. Robinson got the yards we needed the last two games. You run your ass behind your All-American right tackle three freaking times and prove a point.

You want to blame a guy that had two hurt offensive linemen, a limited backfield, your top two receivers, and a bunch of freshmen to throw to. He hit his guys right in the hands just about every time. Billingsly looked like he simply didn't care. I could go on on why it's not on Bryce. You calling him average goes back to who you were before you came back here humbled. Even a generational talent can't work miracles and do it himself. He is the reason we were even here tonight, and you know this. He earned the Heisman and should have all of our respect. This was on whoever called the plays.

Here is the kickerā€¦

Watch how uGA responds next year. Weā€™ll see how good a coach Kirby is. They lose a ton of talent. Will they be able to respond? Alabama this year was a rebuilding year and we made it to the NC game.
Who's gonna be our #1 RB, next year. Robinson is gone. Someone will need to step up.

I like our receivers, though. Minus Metchie and Williams, they're young. And it's a lot of talent that can come in, get some playing time, and do some damage. But with Metchie and Williams both being Seniors, now, do either of them leave? Do they both stay? Do they both leave? How do you see that playing out?

And looking at the roster, we do have a lot of young talent that has played this season. So it'll be good to have that much talent coming back.

Don't be a dumbass. You know how momentum works and we had them on their heels all game long. Robinson got the yards we needed the last two games. You run your ass behind your All-American right tackle three freaking times and prove a point.

You want to blame a guy that had two hurt offensive linemen, a limited backfield, your top two receivers, and a bunch of freshmen to throw to. He hit his guys right in the hands just about every time. Billingsly looked like he simply didn't care. I could go on on why it's not on Bryce. You calling him average goes back to who you were before you came back here humbled. Even a generational talent can't work miracles and do it himself. He is the reason we were even here tonight, and you know this. He earned the Heisman and should have all of our respect. This was on whoever called the plays.

I very clearly didn't blame JUST Bryce. It's my opinion he got exposed (you can not like that, fine). The offensive line was trash, I already said that. Kool Aid and Jackson were high school players out there getting run out of the building, already said that. Billingsley doesn't even deserve the waste of being trashed, it's Saban's fault for allowing him to continue to be out there despite never actually producing. None of that absolves Bryce of his performance. I'm obviously heated and will likely realize I'm way overreacting about Bryce but right now it feels like what we saw is who he is.

As far as that that "humbled" bullshit, 334. You know you're full of shit. I almost died and my mom DID fucking die. Me coming back here "humbled" had nothing to do with football, so hit me in the DMs if you wanna talk about that further instead of trying to get points from people on this damn forum.

To be fairā€¦ Bryce made some great passes the FR receivers didnā€™t catch. Bryce didnā€™t lose this game.

He did, the throw to Hall was likely six but Hall has stone hands. I don't think it's all on Bryce, for sure, but to win it was going to have to be all on him and he couldn't get it done. I'm probably just disappointed in his performance more than anything.

Sorry, youā€™re right about that one. He begged to be let back in and this is how he acts. Take it with a grain of salt, heā€™s just butthurt we didnā€™t win.
I understand being upset. Hell, Iā€™m upset. But taking shots at a young player who busted his ass all year is just chickenshit & wrong.
If you look back at the posts, I believe you will see what Iā€™m referring to.
For everything that this team went through, Iā€™m quite proud of them. They will be back, and the bandwagon folks bad-mouthing them will be back. I do not consider them to be true fans & I wish they would just go elsewhere.

Iā€™d rather have a natty every 2-3 years than every 40 or so.

Back
Top Bottom