| FTBL Alabama football coaching staff changes and updates...

I’m just saying when it rains it pours.. Good for him.. but losing a key part of your S&C staff has got to be a big blow to the team.. they see him more often than just about any coach..
They see David Ballou and his staff a lot more than they do guys from the applied science side.

It's not the best analogy, but this is a lot like an analyst to position coach to player relationship: science > S&C > player.

A lot of personal rapport and relationship with the players…A lot of those players dealt with him more than most other coaches.. Just like Scott Cochran leaving, a far more devastating effect on the team…We haven’t been quite the same since..
Changes are good. There ar some people within staff and program that are still there. If there's am opportunity to move up, you do it. The players will be fine. Great chance foe them to bond with new staff.

They see David Ballou and his staff a lot more than they do guys from the applied science side.

It's not the best analogy, but this is a lot like an analyst to position coach to player relationship: science > S&C > player.
So is there going to be a new approach?.. Or are they going for another analytical type strength guy?.. Is the science going the way of the dodo?..

So is there going to be a new approach?.. Or are they going for another analytical type strength guy?.. Is the science going the way of the dodo?..
No. Atlanta hired Constantine because of what Alabama was already doing. Dr. Rhea implemented the program.

Ballou is in charge of S&C.

Consider the question for a minute. An NFL team hires one of Alabama's staff members because they want that influence and teaching within their franchise. And you assume that means Alabama is going to change what it's doing...when it's what the NFL wants?

No. Atlanta hired Constantine because of what Alabama was already doing. Dr. Rhea implemented the program.

Ballou is in charge of S&C.

Consider the question for a minute. An NFL team hires one of Alabama's staff members because they want that influence and teaching within their franchise. And you assume that means Alabama is going to change what it's doing...when it's what the NFL wants?
No.. I’m just asking are they going to hire a Rhea/Contantine numbers guy or just let Ballou handle that..or is Deboer going to bring his guy..I believe S&C is the most important program in any sport..

No.. I’m just asking are they going to hire a Rhea/Contantine numbers guy or just let Ballou handle that..or is Deboer going to bring his guy..I believe S&C is the most important program in any sport..
We're talking about two different departments within the program. Applied Sciences and Strength and Conditioning.

Ballou is in no way qualified to handle Constantine's job.

EDIT: Nor would he have the time.

I was told yesterday that an offer has been made. I wasn't told a name. It fits with what I heard last week when I posted the vetting process was happening last week and the staff was returning to work Monday.

...like previews to a movie at the theatre. You know it's coming, just have to wait and wade through the bullshit for a bit. (OR, ignore A LOT of people.)

I was told yesterday that an offer has been made. I wasn't told a name. It fits with what I heard last week when I posted the vetting process was happening last week and the staff was returning to work Monday.

...like previews to a movie at the theatre. You know it's coming, just have to wait and wade through the bullshit for a bit. (OR, ignore A LOT of people.)
This is what i saw on the other board:
Possible candidates: OL: Stacy Searels, Brandon Jones, Saga Tuitele, Alex Atkins, Greg Frey, Mason Miller. I'm lending toward Miller for several reason.

Interesting tidbit…the oline coach at Indiana during Tom Allen’s tenure while KD and Nick Sheridan were calling plays…Darren Hiller…is now a defensive analyst at Auburn.

Interesting tidbit…the oline coach at Indiana during Tom Allen’s tenure while KD and Nick Sheridan were calling plays…Darren Hiller…is now a defensive analyst at Auburn.
I’m very surprised that Auburn didn’t try to outbid Penn State for Tom Allen as defensive coordinator.. he was freeze’ defensive coordinator a long time ago

I’m very surprised that Auburn didn’t try to outbid Penn State for Tom Allen as defensive coordinator.. he was freeze’ defensive coordinator a long time ago
He’s a good DC for sure. I saw Kevin Wright is could be a possibility for TE coach. That would be a nice pickup for recruiting since he ran IMG prior to going to Indiana in 2020. He was also a successful high school coach in Indiana so he’s got relationships.

Last edited:

The real stuff we need to hear is will Saban be on the CFB 25 cover or not. These are the true burning questions of real fans right now!

Back
Top Bottom