| MBB/WBB Alabama Falls to Ohio State, 92-81, at Emerald Coast Classic

This is going to be a good first test for Alabama. Ohio State's guards play pretty good D, so they're going to try and lock down Sears and Estrada. Nelson, Griffen, Stevenson, and Pringle are going to have to show up to alleviate pressure from them.

Torvik predicts Alabama to win 79-73. Ohio State already lost to Texas A&M 73-66 earlier this season.

Screenshot_20231119_074458.jpg

My gut tells me this is a football game: B1G vs SEC.

Bama will run them. They ain't got the speed.
They did have trouble staying in front of Wade Taylor and Radford. I think Sears will be able to get to rim fairly easy.

I worry most about how Alabama can challenge them defensively and how we attack the boards. The one thing I've seen is we just do not box out well. Roddy Gayle statistically averages nearly 7 rebounds per game. As long as we limit their second chance opportunities, Ohio State won't have the offense to keep up.

They did have trouble staying in front of Wade Taylor and Radford. I think Sears will be able to get to rim fairly easy.

I worry most about how Alabama can challenge them defensively and how we attack the boards. The one thing I've seen is we just do not box out well. Roddy Gayle statistically averages nearly 7 rebounds per game. As long as we limit their second chance opportunities, Ohio State won't have the offense to keep up.
There's a shift in defensive philosophy this year. I mentioned it, I think, in another thread. Look up the "Tagging up System."

How can we watch OSU game? Looked at ESPN schedule and it says to watch it on FloHoops. What the heck is that?
What does FloHoops cost?

How much does FloHoops cost? FloHoops offers two subscription packages: monthly and annually. A monthly FloHoops subscription costs $29.99 a month. The annual subscription costs $12.50 per month.

Not worth a new thread, but Vols v. Boilermakers tip in about 10 minutes on ESPN... an early look at 2 of Bama's (better) opponents.
I've been watching that game off and on this morning. Good game. With a lot of stuff going on last night the only game I was able to keep a decent eye on was Kansas v Marquette. I left that game wondering if Shaka was akin to Juwan.

Just an aside here, I turned over to ESPN for college football coverage before the Egg Bowl, but that show's not going to happen because of the piggie/Memphis game. I guess I completely forgot that Javohn Quinnerly transferred to Memphis.

TUSCALOOSA, Ala. – The No. 17/15 Alabama men's basketball team will play its first game away from Coleman Coliseum this season when it faces Ohio State in the first round of the Emerald Coast Classic Friday at 6 p.m. CT.

The Crimson Tide's offense has been exceptional to start the season, as the Tide ranks No. 1 in the nation in effective field goal percentage (66.2) and free throws made per game (24 FTs made per game), No. 3 in points per game (101.8) and No. 3 in three-point field goal percentage (48.9).

Across its first four games of the season, Alabama has scored 407 points, which is the most in program history since the 1956-57 season (424 points). UA enters the contest as one of five teams in the country that is averaging 100 points per game (101.8 ppg).

The Broadcast

Friday's game is set for a 6 p.m. CT tipoff and will be aired on the CBS Sports Network with Jordan Kent (play-by-play) and Jordan Cornette (analyst) on the call.

The radio broadcast can be heard on the Crimson Tide Sports Network with Chris Stewart (play-by-play), and Bryan Passink (analyst) on the call, while Bob Horner (engineer) is turning the dials. The pregame show will begin one hour prior to tipoff.

Back
Top Bottom