| MBB/WBB đźŹ† SEC CHAMPIONS | Alabama Men’s Basketball Clinches Regular-Season SEC Title with 64-59 Win at Mississippi State

It is amazing.... that college level kids shoot the roundball so poorly...
How many airballs from 3 can you putup...
But great D...
Announcers...fricking awful... calling from home...( one was in San Diego...i think they said...). Cant they go to the contest?

It is amazing.... that college level kids shoot the roundball so poorly...
How many airballs from 3 can you putup...
But great D...
Announcers...fricking awful... calling from home...( one was in San Diego...i think they said...). Cant they go to the contest?
50+ there was certainly a lot to clean up but when I thought about it last night I decided to just focus on congratulating the team for what they accomplished. Been a looooong drought for Bama basketball. Honestly I am hoping now that they won the league championship they can relax and the shots will start falling. Yesterday this team defended at an elite level. If they give this effort going forward, I believe the shots will start falling and then this is a very dangerous team. Think about it they won a game shooting 32%. Surely they are not going to continue this struggle.

50+ there was certainly a lot to clean up but when I thought about it last night I decided to just focus on congratulating the team for what they accomplished. Been a looooong drought for Bama basketball. Honestly I am hoping now that they won the league championship they can relax and the shots will start falling. Yesterday this team defended at an elite level. If they give this effort going forward, I believe the shots will start falling and then this is a very dangerous team. Think about it they won a game shooting 32%. Surely they are not going to continue this struggle.

yeah. Agree. But lots of air balls and missed shots at rim.

and msu wasnt that good a team either
A deep run in tournament will mean better in both areas.
Just hope they get in rhythm

This D can keep em in a game for sure

team has potential to make a splash

great win though. I always hated playing vs teams that played D like these guys.
Shout out to refs. They let em play.

I’m incredibly happy for the team, especially the seniors. Winning the SEC regular season title and making the tournament already exceeds any expectations I had for the program this year. For me, anything else past March 1st is gravy. I do think this team is set up very well to make a run though if they can get shots to fall again, and I bet they get that figured out. Pretty easy to see that the pressure of clinching the title was hindering their play some recently... like a golfer missing easy putts on the back 9 when he has a 5 stroke lead. Maybe with the pressure off now, they can go out and play loose again. With the shooters they have, the way they play defense, and the overall depth? If Oats pushes the right buttons, who knows how far they can go... In the meantime, hope they beat the shit out of auburn this week and get payback on Missouri and/or Arkansas in Nashville.

Roll Tide!

Hopefully Ol Mo will jump on the Bama Train and get this bunch back up to the level of play of January. We're kind of hung up in neutral with not playing great but not playing bad either. Maybe JQ can take the bull by the horns going forward. Maybe he gets a start instead of coming in once we're kind of struggling. I will have to wait until Coach 50 tells me the real deal.

How'd you feel after the SECCG in '08? Happy, proud, and knowing the talent was only going to get better? That's where I find myself shaking my head, snickering a bit. But I'm getting ahead of myself here.

I tilt my head to the side considering those very seniors you've mentioned; combined 14 points, Petty with nine. If I told you that you'd think the game was a loss. And I added, "Bruner was scoreless." Geez.

Shooting.

The PPP bothers me but that's alleviated a bit when you balance it with the number of possessions. When the team really took on to what CNO wanted—the attacking/dribble-drive to boost the three's—we saw what the potential. I believe other's in the SEC took note and made the adjustments in the second half of the season with Bama. I believe we'll see it in the tourney it's just a matter of from whom?

The PPP bothers me but that's alleviated a bit when you balance it with the number of possessions. When the team really took on to what CNO wanted—the attacking/dribble-drive to boost the three's—we saw what the potential. I believe other's in the SEC took note and made the adjustments in the second half of the season with Bama. I believe we'll see it in the tourney it's just a matter of from whom?
This is what I have pointed out a couple of times. Ok you have a philosophy you believe in. Do you have enough options/multiples to adjust to what these smart coaches are going to do to defend you? The simpleton Gus did not in football. Hope Oats does.

Think about it, Saban had a philosophy early on about ball control running game and shut down D. He changed the scheme because the rules favored the offense. Oats will have to prove he can adapt. In the 2nd half last night MSU did a better job adjusting than Oats did in my view. Even with that said most of us know this would have been a loss last year. That is encouraging.

Bigger picture for this year, getting people back healthy, staying out of foul trouble and effort will be what determines how far this team goes in my view. Great effort and your best players being/staying on the court will make up for a lot of deficiencies.

How'd you feel after the SECCG in '08? Happy, proud, and knowing the talent was only going to get better? That's where I find myself shaking my head, snickering a bit. But I'm getting ahead of myself here.

I tilt my head to the side considering those very seniors you've mentioned; combined 14 points, Petty with nine. If I told you that you'd think the game was a loss. And I added, "Bruner was scoreless." Geez.

Shooting.

Probably be alright in early round/rounds with D play

but really got to shoot better when left open
Will need to get deep

sec tournament should be good preview

Probably be alright in early round/rounds with D play

but really got to shoot better when left open
Will need to get deep

sec tournament should be good preview
I think the SEC tourney is going to be harder than some of the NCAA tourney games. My reasoning is that these guys have live game experience playing Oats system so it will not be a shock to them. Also, several teams that struggled early are playing much better like Arky and UK. Some of these tourney teams could be shell shocked when they first experience the tempo Oats team plays at.

Back
Top Bottom