| MBB/WBB Alabama Men’s Basketball Downs Florida, 86-71, to Go to 3-0 In SEC Play

Winning this game without JQ was huge they are finding different ways to win. This is a dangerous team if they continue to rebound and most importantly cut down on turnovers.

Good blow out win against a solid team. Herb still makes me want to strangle him when he goes out of control to the basket and either turns it over or misses a layup :p , but he definitely doesn't lack in the effort category.

He has really raised his game though compared to where he was. I don't think many expected him to make a free throw or a fast break layup years ago and now he's dribbling all over the court, putting moves on guys, shooting threes, making free throws, and getting to the rim! He does miss some, but he's come so far and doing so much for this team it's easy for me to look past a few missed ones. His defense and hustle easily overcome some misses. I consider it an even trade. He'll miss, but he'll also get it back!

Said earlier that I was shocked at how UF could not defend the one on one drives. I honestly do not think of Bama as being that great in this area but when Bama spread the court and did the dribble penetration play UF could not stop it. This was also not isolated to just one player.

Oh one other thing that was much better last night was the free throw shooting. At least that is my perception but I have not checked the actual stats.

Free throws have improved immensely under CNO. It's not just perception and long overdue!
Earlier in the year they were missing free throws at critical times. Just back on Saturday they missed several down the stretch that ended up not hurting them but could have. Shackelford seems to have struggled more this year than last as well. I guess I need to go see the actual stats to verify this is indeed the case.

Back
Top Bottom