| MBB/WBB Alabama Falls to No. 5 Kentucky, 66-55, Saturday Night in Coleman Coliseum

Unfortunately he's the defensive coach. Even with Herb last season, we looked bad at times. Some of that is on Oats, but a Henry should share blame. Maybe we need to go a different route next season. I haven't liked him overall.

Defense wasn't the problem last night. We hit one of three from three that you talked down about the other day and we run away with this game. Kentucky scored 66 points, they average over 80 a game.

We may have had as many turnovers as them, but we didn't score off of theirs and they did ours. A lot of our turnovers were not caused by Kentucky, they were just lazy and pathetic on us. We should have beat them last night. Our shooting performance was one for the ages and so bad I could not imagine it being equaled any time in the realtive future.

This one was on the players. I did feel our lineup at times didn't fit too well, but what do I know.

You're also trashing Gurley, but he's playing harder on defense than anyone not named Charles Bediako. He may not be the homerun you and others expected, but he has given us good minutes and made us better defensively in my eyes.

This bunch is just so immature!! They don’t value possessions, careless with the ball, make mistakes with it like inexperienced junior high kids. No leadership to be found on the floor. Bediako seemed to take CNO calling him out to heart and played well. Everyone else pulled a Biden and shit themselves.
Some of play is .....atrocious......
Ok...shots don't fall...happened to all us who played....

But....the play.... shot selection...turnovers...missed FTs...
KY used same playover and over and bama never adjusted...

Atrocious

Defense wasn't the problem last night. We hit one of three from three that you talked down about the other day and we run away with this game. Kentucky scored 66 points, they average over 80 a game.

We may have had as many turnovers as them, but we didn't score off of theirs and they did ours. A lot of our turnovers were not caused by Kentucky, they were just lazy and pathetic on us. We should have beat them last night. Our shooting performance was one for the ages and so bad I could not imagine it being equaled any time in the realtive future.

This one was on the players. I did feel our lineup at times didn't fit too well, but what do I know.

You're also trashing Gurley, but he's playing harder on defense than anyone not named Charles Bediako. He may not be the homerun you and others expected, but he has given us good minutes and made us better defensively in my eyes.
But...sometimes shots wont fall...hard to explain...but it is contagious...
Like dropped passes in football......

Just a phenomenon

High to middle NIT seed…. This team ain’t gonna get any better, IMO, they need to win the SEC tournament to get in and I don’t see the mentality to do that out of this group.

Ha, shooting that bad is almost impossible. Almost.

I'm not sure I've ever seen anything like it. Other than some spurts here and there (very few and far between) like in the Miami game, the 3 point shooting has been off all year. And the worrisome part of it is, a ton of them are open looks and miss badly. From afar, at this point it looks like they are suffering from pressure, lack of confidence in their shots (see JQ for example), and at times they just look tired. Honestly wonder if Oats needs to temporarily get away from altered shooting lines on the practice court, turn off the shot tracker computers, and just let the guys shoot without worrying about about numbers. Right now, we are like a small ball baseball team that can't make contact, bunt, or run the bases.

Lots of 3s were open looks....
Just dont have shooters...

And lots were off balanca...

And ..do they ever make a shot when they are fouled...

But....ky showed you what a championship team looked like...
Nailed the free throws too
Problem is the wrong players are shooting 3s. I understand Oats gives them the green light to shoot it, but the last thing I want to see is Rojas throwing up shots like he did yesterday. Same goes for next year with Pringle and Noah Clowney
High to middle NIT seed…. This team ain’t gonna get any better, IMO, they need to win the SEC tournament to get in and I don’t see the mentality to do that out of this group.
We win three more games we'll be in due to our SOS. South Carolina, Vanderbilt, and then hopefully Mississippi State at hone.

I'm not sure I've ever seen anything like it. Other than some spurts here and there (very few and far between) like in the Miami game, the 3 point shooting has been off all year. And the worrisome part of it is, a ton of them are open looks and miss badly. From afar, at this point it looks like they are suffering from pressure, lack of confidence in their shots (see JQ for example), and at times they just look tired. Honestly wonder if Oats needs to temporarily get away from altered shooting lines on the practice court, turn off the shot tracker computers, and just let the guys shoot without worrying about about numbers. Right now, we are like a small ball baseball team that can't make contact, bunt, or run the bases.

I made point of that as well about the open threes. It would have been one thing if Kentucky just locked us down and was more athletic, but that was not the case. We had open shots all night. They were almost flawless when left open for long twos. We couldn't make layups. And that's not a stretch of the truth either.

You are peobably right. Time to scrap the system at this point and just let these guys play street ball. We think we have three point guards the way Davidson, Quinnerly, and Shackleford handle the ball. It's time to just see if you let them get back to having fun to see if that works. Their faces last night on television looked like a worn out disinterested club. We know we can beat the best is the worst part in all of this. As they said last night, no one has three better wins in basketball than Alabama.

The wrong players are taking 3's a player should know their capabilities Gary and Rojas are not 3 pt shooters they took six and hit zero.
Three of those taken by Rojas were air balls.

The wrong players are taking 3's a player should know their capabilities Gary and Rojas are not 3 pt shooters they took six and hit zero.
Three of those taken by Rojas were air balls.
Shackleford was 0-7 and Quinnerly was 0-3. Keon Ellis hit the only two threes until Davidson hit one with a minute left.

Rojas isn't far behind Quinnerly is three point percentage this season.

Not saying he should take ten threes a game, but if our "scorers" aren't making them I don't have an issue with someone else trying. Bediako launching ten threes last night would not have upset me any more than the others hitting zero as well.

Shackleford was 0-7 and Quinnerly was 0-3. Keon Ellis hit the only two threes until Davidson hit one with a minute left.

Not saying he should take ten threes a game, but if our "scorers" aren't making them I don't have an issue with someone else trying. Bediako launching ten threes last night would not have upset me any more than the others hitting zero as well.
It was just a bad shooting night....for sure

Rojas is 17% from the 3 pt line he is a brick layer. I go back to the comment I made about the effort on defense by KY. Their close out on shooters at the 3 pt. line was excellent I saw our shooters rushing shots they also made it difficult for so to get to the rim and at the rim they contested very well. We missed several layups. Bad shooting game for us for sure but KY had something to do with it as well.

Back
Top Bottom