| MBB/WBB Alabama Falls to No. 5 Kentucky, 66-55, Saturday Night in Coleman Coliseum

The Crimson Tide will play its third consecutive top-5 opponent when it squares off against the Wildcats for a 7 p.m. CT on ESPN.

TUSCALOOSA, Ala. – Alabama will return home to take on No. 5/7 Kentucky on Saturday at 7 p.m. CT on ESPN. It is the third consecutive top-5 ranked opponent for the Crimson Tide and the first of two games between the teams this year.

Alabama will play the return game in Lexington, Ky., in exactly two weeks, Feb. 19 inside Rupp Arena. That contest will be televised nationally on CBS with a noon CT (1 p.m. ET) tipoff.

Alabama will face its third-straight game against an AP Top-5 opponent, which is the first time it's occurred since the 2008-09 season when Rutgers played consecutive games against No. 1 North Carolina (12/28/08), No. 3 Pitt (12/31/08) and No. 2 UConn (1/3/09), losing all three contests. The Tide owns a 1-1 record in the stretch, defeating then-No. 4 Baylor (87-78) one week ago before dropping a road contest at No. 1 Auburn (100-81) last Tuesday night.

The Broadcast​

• Saturday's game will be available on ESPN with Tom Hart (play-by-play) and Jimmy Dykes (analyst) on the call
  • The radio broadcast can be heard on the Crimson Tide Sports Network with Chris Stewart (play-by-play), Bryan Passink (analyst) and Roger Hoover (courtside) on the call, while Tom Stipe (engineer) is turning the dials. The pregame show will begin one hour prior to tipoff.

I found myself asking this question. How many teams in the nation would I wager on if the line was UK, -1½? That's not a big number; less than a dozen (and that's likely generous.)

I'm not touching this because this is just the dog that can win SU. If I can catch +110 or more... 🤔

Screenshot 2022-02-05 4.30.14 AM.png

Will be the same old same old unless they get some help for Shackelford/Quinerly. Assuming neither of those two regress or have a bad game. Bediako hopefully will build on his pretty good performance against the barn. JD/Ellis/Gurley someone has to show up. With all of that said it will come down to how well do they consistently defend? Wish I could believe in these guys more but seen to much to do so. Can they sure but unlikely. They are home so that gives me a small amount of hope.

Defend without fouling.
Keep turnovers to a minimum.
Rebound like the ball is the most valuable thing on the planet.

This is the formula to win this game.

I found myself asking this question. How many teams in the nation would I wager on if the line was UK, -1½? That's not a big number; less than a dozen (and that's likely generous.)

I'm not touching this because this is just the dog that can win SU. If I can catch +110 or more... 🤔

View attachment 20328

The way we are playing I would not touch this game with a 10 ft. pole. BPI gives us a 38.1% chance to win this game.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom