| MBB/WBB đźŹ€ Alabama Defeats Maryland 73-51 in NCAA Tournament to Advance to Ninth Sweet 16 in Program History

B

Bama News

How to Watch Alabama vs. Maryland​

Who: No. 1 Alabama vs. No. 8 Maryland, South Region

When: 8:40 p.m. CT, Saturday

Where: Legacy Arena, Birmingham, Ala.

TV: TBS

Radio: Crimson Tide Sports Network (Play-By-Play: Chris Stewart; Analyst: Bryan Passink).

Series: Maryland leads 4-2

Last Meeting: Almost two years ago to the day, March 22, 2021, the teams met in the NCAA Tournament, at Bankers Life Fieldhouse in Indiana. Alabama won 96-77 to advance to the Sweet 16. Jaden Shackelford had 21 points and John Petty Jr. netted 20 for the Crimson Tide. The two guards combined to make nine 3-point shots.

Scouting Maryland: Kevin Willard is the first coach in Maryland history to lead his team to the NCAA Tournament in his first season. Coming off a second-round loss to Indiana in the Big Ten Tournament, it was 22-12, No. 31 in the NCAA NET rankings with three Quad 1 wins and six Quad 2 wins.

The Terrapins are known for their defense, allowing just 63.2 points per game,

Maryland Leaders

• Scorer: graduate guard Jahmir Young / 16.1 ppg / 531 points
  • Rebounder: sophomore forward Julian Reese / 7.3 rpg / 233 rebounds
  • Assists: Young / 3.2 apg / 104 assists
  • Blocks: Reese / 1.2 bpg / 38 blocks

What's the latest on Miller? I know he will play but is he still limited? Hopefully if he is not 100% the rest of the guys will pick it up like they did Thursday.

Last edited:

BIRMINGHAM — As Alabama basketball prepares to face Maryland in the NCAA Tournament, Brandon Miller's availability is the top question. He's dealing with a groin injury.

The Crimson Tide tried to play him limited minutes in the win over Texas A&M-Corpus Christi, and Alabama coach Nate Oats said Miller is being held out of live drills in practice. But he expects Miller to be available Saturday (8:45 p.m. CT, TBS) for the game at Legacy Arena.

"I think he's going to be all right," Oats said. "He seemed like he was moving all right. It obviously bothered him. He didn't shoot it particularly well, but he seemed like he was moving decent. So he's just got to get his confidence back that he could play with it."

Miller said he's taking it day-by-day and keeping heat on it. He said he has pain all around the groin area.

"Trying not to do too much and injure it some more," Miller said. "I think you know when you’re doing too much, when something is really just aggravating you. When it gets real bothered, I try not to force anything and make it worse."

Miller finished 0-for-5 with five rebounds, three assists and one block against the Islanders on Thursday over 19 minutes.

Miller was asked if he feels he's 100%.

"I'm always going to tell you I'm 100%," Miller said. "Right now, I'm 100%."

The biggest issue with a groin injury is they are extremely slow to heal. I had one during a HS football season and it took 4-5 weeks to heal.
They require rest. So this could be a very big concern moving forward.

You do know he's not gonna tell the truth to everyone.... I would've said same thing.
That's selfish. We're not talking about giving 100%.

And I'm not talking about everyone. If you're not being honest about your health with the medical and coaching staffs, you're hurting the team.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom