| RECRUIT ⭐️Alabama 2025 Recruiting Class Updates ⭐️: 2025 5-star RB Akylin Dear announces he's headed to Bama.

IMO, the recruiting weekends (Big Cat, etc) should end since there is NIL. Guessing every school has them. You bring in a bunch of impressionable HS kids and they make a decision based on emotion, and pay me now $$$$. It puts a lot of pressure on a kid's decision. The boogs are good at what they do, they've been doing it regularly for 75 or so years.
This is why on Saturday I made the comment of FOMO and the fact that Alabama played itself by letting Auburn have their cookout first. I would've had the cookouts at the same time, Auburn getting to have it first means they can sell and buy kids commitments left and right and make all the others fear missing out on all the fun. Kids get swept up in the emotion of the day and then they really start working on them not coming to Bama's cookout the next day, once you've agreed to one thing, you'll definitely agree to another. Textbook manipulation, the issue is, a lot of the time bought and manipulated people tend to figure it out within a decent timeframe so their loyalty isn't as solid as one who wanted to commit for normal reasons. Therefore...I don't think all these stick, I would say they likely lose 2-3 of the 2026 guys and at least 1 of the 2025 ones before the end of the cycle.

IMO, the recruiting weekends (Big Cat, etc) should end since there is NIL. Guessing every school has them. You bring in a bunch of impressionable HS kids and they make a decision based on emotion, and pay me now $$$$. It puts a lot of pressure on a kid's decision. The boogs are good at what they do, they've been doing it regularly for 75 or so years.
You forgot the smoking of the dope..

This is why on Saturday I made the comment of FOMO and the fact that Alabama played itself by letting Auburn have their cookout first. I would've had the cookouts at the same time, Auburn getting to have it first means they can sell and buy kids commitments left and right and make all the others fear missing out on all the fun. Kids get swept up in the emotion of the day and then they really start working on them not coming to Bama's cookout the next day, once you've agreed to one thing, you'll definitely agree to another. Textbook manipulation, the issue is, a lot of the time bought and manipulated people tend to figure it out within a decent timeframe so their loyalty isn't as solid as one who wanted to commit for normal reasons. Therefore...I don't think all these stick, I would say they likely lose 2-3 of the 2026 guys and at least 1 of the 2025 ones before the end of the cycle.
They should be scheduled a week or more apart..and Bama should wait until after any Auburn event..Bama should do everything they can to steal thunder from the enemy..

A couple of years ago I said I had questions about Freddie. As a fan, I've chosen to just sit back and watch how he does under these guys. Bama still falls short on DL recruitment, IMO.
Is it me or was Barmore the last of Saban’s lineage of elite inside disrupters, good against run or pass. Seems like since him and the 2020 championship team, which played terrible defense in stretches that season, we never recovered the advantage we always had on the DL. And let’s face it, elite inside DL were already scarce to begin with. And their numbers are continually dwindling as the game has changed.

Is it me or was Barmore the last of Saban’s lineage of elite inside disrupters, good against run or pass. Seems like since him and the 2020 championship team, which played terrible defense in stretches that season, we never recovered the advantage we always had on the DL. And let’s face it, elite inside DL were already scarce to begin with. And their numbers are continually dwindling as the game has changed.
Justin eboigbe had a great year last year. We've had a few shine a lot times since 2020, but just haven't been consistent. We've got some great lineman playing this year, so hopefully that narrative will change.

IDL, like water in the desert...rare. If you put it in perspective, this dates back to the Stallings era. More specifically, DuBose and Albert Means.

You want a rabbit hole to fall into? Look at the most successful IDL's in the league, and then look where they went to school. Juxtapose that with guys playing that position, getting drafted, and amounting to a pound of dirt. (See UGA IDL.)

Here is where we have to pause for a minute, watch, and see. The "Swarm" defense, specifically with IDL, is completely different than Saban's O/U 3/4. It's no longer a "clog," but now a push.

We're just going to have to sit back and watch. To a degree, we haven't seen this defensive approach since Brother And that's not really fair to say about Wommack.

Camp starts tomorrow morning.

My 2 cents, when Bama has to worry about recruiting against the barn, we have lost our recruiting edge.
I get it's frustrating at the moment with the two flips. But this is an overreaction. We've beaten them on many recruits so far. Ryan Williams, Darrell Johnson, Caleb Cuningham, jaedon Harmon, jaylen mbakwe, Jeremiah Beaman, Sterling Dixon, Kevin Riley, etc....
Trust me, this shit is likely to spin around by the time signing Day gets here. That "we run the state" talk from them will dissipate.

I get it's frustrating at the moment with the two flips. But this is an overreaction. We've beaten them on many recruits so far. Ryan Williams, Darrell Johnson, Caleb Cuningham, jaedon Harmon, jaylen mbakwe, Jeremiah Beaman, Sterling Dixon, Kevin Riley, etc....
Trust me, this shit is likely to spin around by the time signing Day gets here. That "we run the state" talk from them will dissipate.
Some of the people they are getting from the “State” are sleepers or 3 stars… Some are a type of player we are not recruiting anyway..some of their skill sets does match what we are looking for..

When the Barn has to keep paying off players to not visit another event. The said player will always have their hands out looking for more and become a big problem on the team. And eventually leave due to being cut off. JMO.

Back
Top Bottom