| RECRUIT ⭐️Alabama 2025 Recruiting Class Updates ⭐️: 2025 5-star RB Akylin Dear announces he's headed to Bama.

As pumped as I am about our '25 class, especially on offense, it does seem scant at DB and DL. Take DB for instance. We were already thin this offseason. Yes, we did address our needs via the portal just to add more bodies for depth to endure the season's grind. But we should expect to lose at minimum 3 DB starters after this season: Jackson, Sabb, and Moore. But we only have 2 verbals, and yet we could lose up to 2 additional eligible DBs.

Meanwhile at DL, we could realistically lose our top 6 traditional DL (our whole two deep) in addition to our top 2 Wolf/edge (Robinson and Koht). Now I'm less worried about our Wolf depth since we have lots of bodies there, but we have only 1 3* DL verbal in the face of losing potentially 6 DL from our 2-deep.

Thoughts?

Long time until signing day, the staff feel pretty good about Jackson, and who knows who already committed but just hasn’t announced yet! And with Morgan on staff I think we’ll be good!

Quick question, who in the world is #1 on Thompson? Guy plays ILB, and played out of his fucking mind all game. Played downhill against the run and stuck his nose in his gap against the run, always engaged the blocker and would shoot his hands inside VIOLENTLY. And I don't know who his positions coach is, but they're doing a good job. Kid played fundamentally sound all game, no false step when taking his read steps, low pad level all game, no overrunning plays and playing out of his gap, kept his shoulders and his square to the line of scrimmage, and like I said before.... had violent hands when taking on blocks, and never waited for a blocker to engage him and knock him back and out of the play. Extremely impressed with how he played, hope Bama takes a look at him, because he could develop into a damn good linebacker at a power 4 level.

Quick question, who in the world is #1 on Thompson? Guy plays ILB, and played out of his fucking mind all game. Played downhill against the run and stuck his nose in his gap against the run, always engaged the blocker and would shoot his hands inside VIOLENTLY. And I don't know who his positions coach is, but they're doing a good job. Kid played fundamentally sound all game, no false step when taking his read steps, low pad level all game, no overrunning plays and playing out of his gap, kept his shoulders and his square to the line of scrimmage, and like I said before.... had violent hands when taking on blocks, and never waited for a blocker to engage him and knock him back and out of the play. Extremely impressed with how he played, hope Bama takes a look at him, because he could develop into a damn good linebacker at a power 4 level.
I love to see good fundamental football!!! Especially on the defensive side of the ball. It’s almost a “lost art”. At the high school level.

Number 0 was that Anquan Fagans kid. This kids name is Vini Pires and he's a senior, but he's not listed on 247 so he must nor be ranked.
Yeah, finally got to look him up. He's an under the radar prospect. Has offers from North Alabama, and Sanford I believe. Not bad, but if he keeps playing like he did last night.... he'll get bigger offers soon. Again, I wouldn't mind giving him a preferred walk on spot, and let him develop up for a few years. Then put him in scholarship. But he may not want to do that, and I understand if he didn't.

Back
Top Bottom