| RECRUIT ⭐️Alabama 2025 Recruiting Class Updates ⭐️: 2025 5-star RB Akylin Dear announces he's headed to Bama.

Can CKD and his assistants develop his players into cohesive winning team that challenges for championships ?

I believe they can.

I also believe that their recruiting will only get better as long as they challenge every year.

One would imagine recruits are in a wait and see mode with Alabama. Some are jumping on board and wanting to be the base of what Coach DeBoer is going to build and saving their spots by committing, while others want to be sure and have results to base their decision off of. I think the recruiting has been great, and you could say the retainage of current players may have been the better job to this point. I'm trying to not put the hay in the barn too early here, but if we see results in the next two years, I think Coach and his team are going to have a Saban like affect in the recruiting world where they start coming to us and not necessarily us always going to them anymore.

Looking pretty good for first year.

I was looking for drop off. They are holding the line pretty good
...from day one. They aren't holding the line.

They are ahead of where the previous staff has been several times through the years.

Bama will get a verbal soon...but it's more about some of the other guys on campus. A few "silents" are in...

They are ahead of where the previous staff has been several times through the years.

Bama will get a verbal soon...but it's more about some of the other guys on campus. A few "silents" are in...
This whole thing is surreal.... Way better than TAMU (Fisher) and Ole Miss (Freeze) efforts in recent years. Only difference is it's legal :)

Are us hard to please never say die guys going to be pleased with the silents? Are we settling or getting our first choices?

Are us hard to please never say die guys going to be pleased with the silents? Are we settling or getting our first choices?
Right now, a dozen four stars under a staff with a proven record of development...recruited by a guy that has a proven record of recognizing talent.

As much as I talk, I am getting the point of not knowing what to say anymore.

Ya know, we got some fans that fit the motto #LANK.

No. They don't. Summer camps have just started for the next class.
I am talking in general for the full class not just one weekend. Point being keep great talent flowing to T-Town. That would include our share of 5 and 4 stars if we are going to sustain excellence. The portal certainly provides another avenue for talent that was not an option for most of CNS tenure but CKD will have full access to.

I am talking in general for the full class not just one weekend.
My bad. I wasn't clear.

In June, going into their senior year, you don't need a lot of five star guys. Camps are here. Guys will get bumped up and down. Then they play ball this fall.

All you want, if you are a 'rankings' guy, is a class loaded with four stars and a few five's dropped in.

Thats holding the line.

Nick was best recruiter could ever ask for. Was #1 in 2023

So if you are sustaining that kind of excellence...
You are

Holding the line

My bad. I wasn't clear.

In June, going into their senior year, you don't need a lot of five star guys. Camps are here. Guys will get bumped up and down. Then they play ball this fall.

All you want, if you are a 'rankings' guy, is a class loaded with four stars and a few five's dropped in.
I thought that is what I said as in 5 is a few and 18-20 is loaded, All if these need to be who actually signs so not in June...

As far as a rankings guy, under CNS I did not follow it closely because well he was always going to be in the top 5. Rankings do matter and only those not doing well say they do not... Recruit a few years outside the top 10 and watch it translate to less wins on a consistent basis.

DeBoer and staff are on a roll with recruiting right now, which is exciting…but that’s just one aspect of the complete product.

It’s exciting to think that this train could keep on rolling without much of a drop off after the historic run that we’ve had. It’s a testament to what Saban built and also a testament to the work being put in by DeBoer and his staff.

That being said, we still haven’t played a game.

But so far he seems to be making all the right moves and putting the work in.

Living in TN, I run into a lot of Vols fans…majority I’ve talked ball with recently are expecting us to drop off, and quick.

Is it fall yet?

Back
Top Bottom