| RECRUIT ⭐️Alabama 2025 Recruiting Class Updates ⭐️: 2025 5-star RB Akylin Dear announces he's headed to Bama.

If I'm not mistaken, the rankings you've cited are overall while the recruiting sites have been ranking day to day. Rivals and On3 had at #8. He started off erratically.
Yea, the Elite 11 site is based off overall body of work from the camp. So you're definitely not wrong with that. I just don't like when people are so all over their place with knee-jerk reactions without some body of evidence.

On3 released this one...and I love On3 for the most part but they have some guys especially their national guys are just click-baiters IMO.

I could get into the weeds on their grades/scores from challenges but needless to say this ranking here isn't even close to accurate for the day.

More Accurate Rankings for Day 2:
1) Deuce Knight
2) Juju Lewis
3) KJ Lacey
4) Keelon Russell
5) Husan Longstreet
6) Malik Washington
7) Jaron Sagapouletele
8) Robert McDaniel
9) Luke Nickel
10) Kevin Sperry
11) Ryan Montgomery

That's what I gathered and probably more what the actual scouts/coaches that run this thing saw.

If Zoller's doesn't have a better day I could see Russell taking his 5-star status...

Last edited:
He's not wrong, they are all over the place. The only constant I have seen is the Florida State kid, but everyone else is all over the place with very little consistency when comparing even the day to day rankings from the services.
I pointed that out after day one. That's not what I was saying here.

I believe the Eite 11 rankings are all-encompassing (as in through two days in that tweet) whereas the rankings at Rivals posted covered just day two.

I could get into the weeds on their grades/scores from challenges but needless to say this ranking here isn't even close to accurate for the day.
When you are in a QB drill and miss your first eight to ten attempts you're not have a great day.

I'd have to go back and look. I think On3 has three evals guy there, Rivals has two, and 247 has one. That maybe the result of how I follow. 🤷‍♂️

Yea, the Elite 11 site is based off overall body of work from the camp. So you're definitely not wrong with that. I just don't like when people are so all over their place with knee-jerk reactions without some body of evidence.

On3 released this one...and I love On3 for the most part but they have some guys especially their national guys are just click-baiters IMO.

More Accurate Rankings for Day 2:
1) Deuce Knight
2) Juju Lewis
3) KJ Lacey
4) Keelon Russell
5) Husan Longstreet
6) Malik Washington
7) Jaron Sagapouletele
8) Robert McDaniel
9) Luke Nickel
10) Kevin Sperry
11) Ryan Montgomery

That's what I gathered and probably more what the actual scouts/coaches that run this thing saw.

If Zoller's doesn't have a better day I could see Russell taking his 5-star status...

The evaluations are great and based on what they see against what kind of adversary?

True evaluation comes in game time.

12:24 p.m. PT: Two more good performances from Alabama commit Keelon Russell (19/25 on target, 5 TDs) and TCU commit Ty Hawkins (15/23, 6 TDs). Russell with one of the cleaner sessions so far. Did a nice job taking what the defense was giving him and taking care of the ball. Didn’t put the ball in jeopardy often and thew with good velocity. — Charles Power, On3 Director of Scouting and Rankings

Back
Top Bottom