| FTBL Al Delgreco and Saban rumor

You guys do realize that these if's and maybe's hurt the process, hurt recruiting, and hurts the atmosphere of the Alabama football program right?

I mean, theres nothing wrong with talking about a rumor, but lets not make it anymore than it is. And that is a rumor probably started by an LSU fan who hates miles which has no definitive evidence whatsoever. Until a credible source speaks out (and I doubt it) it isnt worth much time

So what I am trying to say in a nutshell, if we start going "if he does this, if such and such does that" itll be easier and easier to make another rumor and stir the pot further.

Also, there is some rumor about Steve Spurrier every year too, but hes still at USC

Atlanta_Tider said:
Lenny Kozlowski said:
Hero said:
Lenny Kozlowski said:
If it did (again it wont) we really should just shut the program down. :oops:

Shut the program down? :roll:

The fact is we could find someone else that would not give us negative media coverage and do the same job Saban is/was/will do/doing.

Care to name one? Ill wait
You would be waiting awhile!

I concur.

All this jibber jabber isn't going to do anything but get you worried. Just chill and let things happen. I will say that I hope he stays till he's ready to retire.

Lenny Kozlowski said:
Hero said:
Lenny Kozlowski said:

The fact is we could find someone else that would not give us negative media coverage and do the same job Saban is/was/will do/doing.

Steve Spurrier is unhappy with his current employer.

I for one hope that Les Miles does go to Michigan and the LSU job does come open. That way, we will see once and for all where CNS heart truly lies. There is no doubt in my mind that CNS still has a lot of friends at LSU. I remember hearing him speaking of them fondly on several occasions. Also, I do recall him mentioning his wife having to work extra hard during the week of the LSU game to get ready for all of the friends. NOW that being said, would he REALLY consider going back to LSU? I don't think that anyone can say 100% that it wouldn't happen. I would like to think that it is unlikely to happen, but this year has been so crazy and all. I do not want him to stay here if he is not happy. I have said the same thing about Fanchione. If LSU is really where CNS heart lies and thats what he wants there is nothing I, nor anyone else on any message board, the BOT, President Witt, or Mal Moore can do about it. It would throw the media into an absolute frenzy and it would do more damage to our already fragile program. It would also hurt CNS as far as his credibility goes, but if he is that desperate to get back to LSU, I don't think that will matter much because I don't think he would ever leave unless he was fired.

I have a theory, however, if there is some truth to this rumor. Could this explain MSU, ULM and Auburn? If you will, for just a moment take a second and think about the recent down turn that our team's playing took, which just happened to begin after they played a very close game with, you got it, LSU......

I hope that none of this stuff is true, but I have to be honest and say that ever since we got Saban, I have had a little fear that something like this may happen. If it is going to, we need to find out sooner rather than later because it would be awful to find out that all of those wonderful recruits that we are lining up are getting told right now about how CNS is really going to LSU and they should follow him there. Thats what would really hurt recruiting, not messages on a internet board. If messages on a internet board could really hurt recruiting, I would have user ids on the Barn board and would be posting a rumor a day about TT, probation or whatever I could stir up, if yall thought that it would have that kind of impact you probably would do it too.

I also agree with a earlier poster about the potential of us getting a good coach if any of this does come true. WE would not be a delusional fan base who just ran off a coach, but instead a victimized fan base who deserved better than what it got. I would love to see us give Croom a chance. While I know that there are several on here that do not like the idea, I for one think it would be a great move. He has PROVEN that he can win under the worst of circumstances. He has REFUSED to let the thugs have control over the team. He was raised up at the knee of COACH BRYANT. He is one of us, not a hired mercenary. I know that some on here have alluded to the fact that coach Croom has made attempts to get us in trouble with the NCAA. If Saban could have got us in trouble with the NCAA when he was at LSU do you think he would have? I for one can in some ways understand if Croom was a little bitter when we chose to hire CMS over him. Anyhow, even if we didn't get Croom, have any of you been paying attention to Troy? Larry Blakeny I think is the guys name that coaches them and somebody is going to steal this guy away and somebody is going to get one heck of a coach. He has done amazing things at Troy and even gave Georgia all they wanted.

Anyway, I hope that no rumor about CNS going away are true. I hope he stays here as long as Joe Paterno has been at PSU. The last thing we need right now is for the process to get off track and have to go through another rebuilding year.

Roll Tide Forever no matter what, Alabama football is bigger than any coach, any player and any fan. It was here before me and will be here long after I am gone. I just want to see someone step up and do whats right for our team, our university and our football program to return it to solid ground and national prominence.

Jimmy Sexton's motivation is to get salary increases for his clients, so he can get a bigger cut for himself. If that means leveraging another opportunity to get a raise (a'la Spurrier last season) or inventing a rumor (a'la Saban this season) then so be it. It's what he does. Like Finebaum, he's a parasite of the system.

Saban isn't going anywhere.

When I snap my finger, y'all will break from your trances and return to your normal, rational selves.
cool_spot_2.gif

Why has this even gone 3 pages FFS! I'd say there's about 4 million let me repeat 4 MILLION reasons why this is nothing more than B.S.! Thread should be removed it's pure trash :shock:

Hero said:
Lenny Kozlowski said:
Hero said:
Lenny Kozlowski said:

There's truth here...

TerryP said:
Hero said:
Lenny Kozlowski said:
Hero said:
Lenny Kozlowski said:

There's truth here...

Yeah, old "bow tie" is back at his old tricks, tormenting yet another football coach.

Maybe we should just leave it with what an Auburn player said.. :D

"We can't focus on `Is he leaving, is he going, is he leaving, is he going?' At the end of the day, if he leaves or if he goes, we're still going to play football..." $%CR

Back
Top Bottom