| FTBL A fleeting thought...as much as we've critiqued Jalen at the QB position, do you realize we're going to see him in NYC next year?

Why do you think he's not gonna be the starter next year? You really think someone gonna beat him for starting job? Heading into off-season with a job firmly locked for next year, off-season training and developing on making reads and throwing better short passes, hell be legitimate Heisman candidate for sure.
I don’t think he will because another year in the system will do all the QBs good and there are better passers now than Jalen, but overall athlete not so much.

But, throughout his entire time at Bama Saban has always given dudes that have been there the starting spot

Some fans are already putting Sayin into an unwinnable situation before he's even gotten to campus. The kid should be really, really good in time, but this notion that he's going to step right in and be the game 1 starter his freshman year is not very realistic.

Look at QB class for 2024:
I'm Not going to list all of them:

Caleb WIlliams
Drake Maye
Shedeur Sanders * I don't know where he is in most of NFL Mock Draft, but I think he would be better off going to NFL instead of staying for another year.
J.J. McCarthy
Michael Penix Jr.
Quinn Ewers
Jayden Daniels
Bo Nix

Tyler Van Dyke
Riley Leonard
Jordon Travis

A note on McCarthy... his plan (earlier this season) was to come back next year for his Sr. year, but that was before all this sign stealing mess ht the fan which will result in some sort of fallout... just a matter of how big or small. If it is anything substantial, he will likely jump, which in a way, would be a double whammy.

And a FWIW on Leonard... auburn has sent feelers out to him... they want to lure him with NIL. He's from AL, but he will have some options...

Some fans are already putting Sayin into an unwinnable situation before he's even gotten to campus. The kid should be really, really good in time, but this notion that he's going to step right in and be the game 1 starter his freshman year is not very realistic.

A note on McCarthy... his plan (earlier this season) was to come back next year for his Sr. year, but that was before all this sign stealing mess ht the fan which will result in some sort of fallout... just a matter of how big or small. If it is anything substantial, he will likely jump, which in a way, would be a double whammy.

And a FWIW on Leonard... auburn has sent feelers out to him... they want to lure him with NIL. He's from AL, but he will have some options...

I'm not putting him in a tough situation, but one he has asked for and made comments about that he wants. He wants that challenge. he wants to play with the best and for the best. He's coming to play for Saban and to step up to the challenge of being a starting quarterback. He's already a polished prospect, so it'll be his ability to handle the rigors of high end college football. Won't hurt my feelings if he's not the starter as I like Milroe a ton, just stating Milroe will be looking over his shoulder.

I'm not putting him in a tough situation, but one he has asked for and made comments about that he wants. He wants that challenge. he wants to play with the best and for the best. He's coming to play for Saban and to step up to the challenge of being a starting quarterback. He's already a polished prospect, so it'll be his ability to handle the rigors of high end college football. Won't hurt my feelings if he's not the starter as I like Milroe a ton, just stating Milroe will be looking over his shoulder.

Wasn't directed at you or really anyone in particular... the comments about Sayin taking over on Day 1 have been everywhere since the Texas game... Internet, social media, radio, etc. My point is, it is highly unlikely to happen; with Milroe in the equation or not. Sayin should have confidence in himself, that isn't a bad thing. But with an understanding of how demanding and unrealistic the fringe elements of the fan base are... they are setting themselves up for disappointment and setting Sayin up for unrealistic expectations in year 1.

Wasn't directed at you or really anyone in particular... the comments about Sayin taking over on Day 1 have been everywhere since the Texas game... Internet, social media, radio, etc. My point is, it is highly unlikely to happen; with Milroe in the equation or not. Sayin should have confidence in himself, that isn't a bad thing. But with an understanding of how demanding and unrealistic the fringe elements of the fan base are... they are setting themselves up for disappointment and setting Sayin up for unrealistic expectations in year 1.

I didn't take with any negativity, but I know I have been a Sayin fan as well and sung his praises, so I just wanted to state that I'm not setting him up for failure as much as a challenge.

I don't buy this; at all. The position has been won.

Before this last weekend though I don't think many would have believed this comment or signed off on him. Sayin will be watched closely. He does not have the legs Milroe has, but if he's hitting pass windows and guys in stride he'll be right there in my eyes. Especially if he's getting rid of the ball and getting through his progressions faster. Could be a situation of what line we have coming back and quickness of getting rid of the ball as well.

Stick to serving popcorn at BDS on game days. :devilish:
200w.gif

He needs a lot of work throwing on the run. Badly overthrew wide open receiver/back in first half. Missed a sure TD.
Right handed QB sprinting to his left is a hard throw to begin with. He has got to get his shoulders turned. It’s even harder if it isn’t part of your daily practice routine or in your playbook.

Back
Top Bottom