| FTBL '88-'92 Player Pics Question

RollTide1980

Verified Member
Extra Point Club
Hey everyone!

The '88-'92 years were pretty much my "childhood golden years" in terms of Bama football. I turn 27 in a few weeks so those years always hold special memories.

I was curious if anyone had any quality pics of some of the major or "favorite" players of those years. I have looked around the net but unless you've scanned an old game program (etc) they seem hard to come by.

Names like:

-Murray Hill
-Siran Stacy
-Gary Hollingsworth
-George Teague
-Prince Wimbley
-Lamonde Russell
-Martin Houston
-Efrum Thomas
-Kevin Turner
-Stacy Harrison
-Pierre Goode
-Mark McMillon (SP?)

...etc.

I know you can find alot of the '92 team b/c they ran the table, won the SEC, and won the championship. However, '88-'91 are kinda hard to find.

Those are just a few names of many, but if anyone has any nice pics of the guys from 1988-1992, feel free to post them or just message me. I'd like to have them for a keep sake and maybe get someone to make a siggy for me using them.

If I strike out on this, it's all good. I know some of these are hard to find.

My guess is screen caps might be my best bet on some of these.

Thanks & ROLL TIDE!!!

~Bryan

RollTide1980

Verified Member
Extra Point Club
Thanks!

I've been to the site many times, but just never really thought of doing that. Seems like a cool idea.

I might just have to wrangle up some old game programs and such to find what I'm looking for!

Thanks! :)

~Bryan

chevy0082

Verified Member
Sideline Club
You and I are in the same boat.. I have a poster of the '89-'90 team that has Phillip Doyle, Lamond Russell, Gary Hollingsworth, Eric Curry and a couple others on it... It has signatures from most of the guys on the poster and also signed, by Antonio Langham, George Teague, Eric Curry and some other players...

RollTide1980

Verified Member
Extra Point Club
I hate to toss blame at the internet age, but that's part of it.

We can get pics of ANYONE with a couple of clicks online, but before the internet was mainstream, pics were only taken for posters, papers and other publications.

I think that's why it's hard to find action shots of the 'Bama players from '88-'92...for example.

I've got a better shot at finding an action picture of a 2007 random waterboy...than I do Siran Stacy from 1989.

Not mad by any means, but it's just the sign of the times. Media didn't take as many pics 15-20 years ago...b/c they didn't have too.

~Bryan

Top Bottom