| FOOD 3-5 Foods You Do Not Like

In no particular order.
  • Pot Roast (had it too frequently as a kid)
  • Boiled Brussel Sprouts (my parents always boiled them...roasting them is the ONLY way to eat them)
  • Powdered Sugar on pancakes/waffles...why? I'm gonna layer syrup on them, powdered sugar is unnecessary.
  • Ham - love bacon and pork sausage, not a fan of ham mostly due to the amount of salt

I'm batting 1.000 - I like everything you guys have listed above.

Hen of the Woods mushrooms are outstanding, by the way.

I'm not a pickled egg or pigs feet guy, black licorice is a no-go, I don't eat chitlins, not a sushi guy and I'm not a fan of Indian food. All of those are pretty popular...

sushi never have eating it!
Powdered Sugar on pancakes/waffles same reason as plano!
Raw meat!
I will try anything once! Now growing up I could list a few pages.

I'm batting 1.000 - I like everything you guys have listed above.

Hen of the Woods mushrooms are outstanding, by the way.

I'm not a pickled egg or pigs feet guy, black licorice is a no-go, I don't eat chitlins, not a sushi guy and I'm not a fan of Indian food. All of those are pretty popular...

I'll take your black jelly beans; you can have the fungus that gets stuck on my meals in restaurants.

1. No way you’re from Florence. Have it in IV’s there

Born and lived there until a week before my 18th birthday, spent 5 years in Nashville in College and came back to Florence to live from Aug. 84- June 87. I helped with some many fund raisers making chicken stew for our athletic booster club during high school. I cant stand to smell it, look at it or eat it. Memorial Day, 4th of July and Labor Day are all big chicken stew days in north Alabama.

Born and lived there until a week before my 18th birthday, spent 5 years in Nashville in College and came back to Florence to live from Aug. 84- June 87. I helped with some many fund raisers making chicken stew for our athletic booster club during high school. I cant stand to smell it, look at it or eat it. Memorial Day, 4th of July and Labor Day are all big chicken stew days in north Alabama.
It is an obsession in those parts. One of the guys I worked with gave a lady in the office a gallon of it. She had never had it, got to her apartment stepped inside and dropped it. She said the lid blew off and she had to buy a new chair and pay to paint the room. She said it covered her, a wall, a chair, and a chunk of the ceiling. She never wanted to try it again.

For some reason, this thread reminded me of salmon patties. Haven't had those in years. Always bathed them in ketchup as a kid. Damn they were tasty.

Fantastic as a kid when my grandma was making them. Not great years later when I tried to follow her recipe myself. I guess she loved making them so much me and my brother loved eating them.

On to the list

1 - Pickles - Vile things that I imagine taste similar to Satan's salty bunghole
2 - Asparagus - Green stink sticks
3 - Oysters - Something similar comes out of my nose during allergy season. Why eat something you can't even chew and have to cover in hot sauce to suck down?
4 - Watermelon - Fresh and store bought. All nasty.
5 - Peaches - This has a story. We had a peach tree when I was growing up. They were not picked often and most fell to the ground and rotted. I was the grass cutter by then and had to smell it when they got sucked into the mower. Musshy rotting ones smell very similar to fresh ones, just stronger. I can't do it.

I really don’t have any dislikes. Go through 2 different boot camps and 2 long cruises on a carrier and you can eat anything. Red death and rice, Nyrobi trail markers, powdered fries, sardines and ketchup with powdered eggs......good stuff boys.

It is an obsession in those parts. One of the guys I worked with gave a lady in the office a gallon of it. She had never had it, got to her apartment stepped inside and dropped it. She said the lid blew off and she had to buy a new chair and pay to paint the room. She said it covered her, a wall, a chair, and a chunk of the ceiling. She never wanted to try it again.

Never, Ever put a lid on hot chicken stew, it will explode every time. My mom and dad still make it on a regular basis, freeze it and eat on it for several days. Nasty stuff in MY OPINION.

For some reason, this thread reminded me of salmon patties. Haven't had those in years. Always bathed them in ketchup as a kid. Damn they were tasty.

We have salmon patties on a regular basis. You can purchase salmon without the bone now in a can. Crack an egg, put a few crackers in the salmon to hold it together and fry those babies in some grease on low heat. Wonderful stuff!

sushi never have eating it!
Powdered Sugar on pancakes/waffles same reason as plano!
Raw meat!
I will try anything once! Now growing up I could list a few pages.
I just thought of something and that is lamb. My wife has try a it a couple of time. Just taste bad to me. But while we were in Kentucky helping work on a church I had mutton stew. Which I eat and that was bad tasting.

coconut
greens (collard, turnip)
chocolate ice cream (more of an i prefer vanilla, orange, or lime over chocolate)
green peppers (i'll eat them if on a pizza...but by themselves, that's gonna be a "no" from me, dawg)
liver...of any kind

Back
Top Bottom