| FOOD You get 7 foods on your Thanksgiving platter plus 1 dessert, what do you choose?

Really glad we've had this many replies and I haven't had to ban anyone yet for calling it, "stuffing".
Bite your tongue my wife tried that stuff! When we were first married and told me that what my Mother did! I told her to go see My MaMa let her show you the better way! So she did and she can, make, Dressing, Biscuits and Chicken n Dumping!

!. Smoked Turkey
2. Irish potatoes
3. Green Beans
4. Homemade Stuffing with Giblet Gravy/ I stuff the turkey with it.
5. Butter Rolls
6. Purple Hull Peas
7. Ambrosia/ or a salad

Bourbon Pecan Pie/ Red Velvet cake or Lane cake

I'm more irritated about the addition of the salad on Thanksgiving than I am that you intentionally threw at my head with the stuffing comment.

Regardless,

umpire-ejection.gif

We had our first (extended family) Thanksgiving gathering since 2019 this past Saturday. Our 37 year old daughter had a stroke in late April of 2019 and we had to cancel it that year. Covid came in and took over everything for a couple of years and in 2022, we lost two of our family just 2 weeks before Thanksgiving so we decided to cancel again. This past Saturday we hosted it and the turn out was great. We counted 60 people and missed a few probably, but it was enjoyed by everyone. We had tons of food and fellowship. My favorite seven:
1. Smoked turkey
2. Baked ham
3. Green bean casserole
4. Sweet Potato casserole with pecans
5. Cream corn casserole
6. Cornbread dressing
7. Hashbrown casserole (with tater tots)

Desert: Cocunut Sour Cream Cake.
IMG_8534 2.JPG

IMG_8535 2.JPG

IMG_8536 2.JPG

IMG_8538 2.JPG

IMG_8539 2.JPG

I gained 4 lbs and don't regret a single ounce.

Happy Thanksgiving RTB

We had our first (extended family) Thanksgiving gathering since 2019 this past Saturday. Our 37 year old daughter had a stroke in late April of 2019 and we had to cancel it that year. Covid came in and took over everything for a couple of years and in 2022, we lost two of our family just 2 weeks before Thanksgiving so we decided to cancel again. This past Saturday we hosted it and the turn out was great. We counted 60 people and missed a few probably, but it was enjoyed by everyone. We had tons of food and fellowship. My favorite seven:
1. Smoked turkey
2. Baked ham
3. Green bean casserole
4. Sweet Potato casserole with pecans
5. Cream corn casserole
6. Cornbread dressing
7. Hashbrown casserole (with tater tots)

Desert: Cocunut Sour Cream Cake.
View attachment 26185

View attachment 26186

View attachment 26187

View attachment 26188

View attachment 26189

I gained 4 lbs and don't regret a single ounce.

Happy Thanksgiving RTB
I could do "Snow Angels" in that spread. 🤤

I am not a fan of turkey, ham, mac and cheese, pumpkin/pecan pie so:
1. Something on the grill-this year I did pork loin. Put honey on it and then spread brown sugar.
2. Cornbread dressing
3. Stuffed eggs
4. Corn from the garden
5. Candied yams-boil, cut up, put in the oven with brown sugar and butter
6. Mashed potatoes
7. Green beans from the garden

Apple pie

Back
Top Bottom