| FOOD Rank ‘em: Sandwiches

These are all very situational. Assuming that the tuna is canned and not fresh, that I'm not running a 50 or 100 mile ultra marathon ( which I have stopped doing), that I'm not enjoying the sandwich with a bowl of tomato soup, and that I made the chicken salad. Oh, and if more choices were available, Roast Beef would be #1, followed by ham, ( carved fresh), and banana with mayo.

1. Chicken Salad
2. PBJ
3. Tuna Salad*
4. Grilled Cheese
5. Fried Bologna

I may do another thread soon with another 5 sandwiches... some good roast beef is hard to beat.

I spent a week in Clark Tower during orientation, circa 1987. She was nice then. Occupancy was plunging well before the pandemic, down into the fifties, a 2020 foreclosure followed a $60 million writedown and then a final near total loss when it sold in 2021.
I was working there in '87. We are not talking about the same place. I don't think. '87 was when there was piano bar on the ...South side? Next to the parking garages. Rooftop restaurant I had a membership in...

Same place?

@Brandon Van de Graaff I've been watching, and waiting, to see if anyone mentioned a Cuban Sandwich.

The Intentional Deli on University.

Best sandwich I've ever had?

Turkey Sub, hot, at a place across from Clark Tower in Memphis, TN. BBQ joint as I recall. A sandwich you almost didn't need to chew.

Love a good Cuban sandwich... only real "authentic" one I've ever had was at Versailles in Miami the week Bama boat raced the Irish. I think every meal I had those few days was incredible. Ironically enough, it was also there that I had maybe the best sandwich I've ever had before... I can't remember the name of the place, and I've spent time looking for it since with no luck, but it was right on the beach... an old bus type vehicle that was modified into a sub place. Walk up, order, find a spot to eat type deal. Incredible. Either that or an Italian beef from Chicago... both are worthy of the top spot. Had a reuben in NYC that was awesome and there used to be a place on the Causeway in Mobile called Argiro's... it was basically a gas station/package store that sold everything from fireworks to sandwiches. It could have been cousins to the Flora-Bama based on looks at the time. They served up a club sandwich though that was made by the hands of gods. Unfortunately, the place eventually burned down (very quickly, thanks to the fireworks) and was lost to history.

Love a good Cuban sandwich... only real "authentic" one I've ever had was at Versailles in Miami the week Bama boat raced the Irish. I think every meal I had those few days was incredible. Ironically enough, it was also there that I had maybe the best sandwich I've ever had before... I can't remember the name of the place, and I've spent time looking for it since with no luck, but it was right on the beach... an old bus type vehicle that was modified into a sub place. Walk up, order, find a spot to eat type deal. Incredible. Either that or an Italian beef from Chicago... both are worthy of the top spot. Had a reuben in NYC that was awesome and there used to be a place on the Causeway in Mobile called Argiro's... it was basically a gas station/package store that sold everything from fireworks to sandwiches. It could have been cousins to the Flora-Bama based on looks at the time. They served up a club sandwich though that was made by the hands of gods. Unfortunately, the place eventually burned down (very quickly, thanks to the fireworks) and was lost to history.
Great story.

Back
Top Bottom