| FOOD You get 7 foods on your Thanksgiving platter plus 1 dessert, what do you choose?

1. Fried turkey
2. My aunts Cajun spaghetti
3. My moms dressing
4. My grandmothers chicken n dumplings
5. Another aunts lasagna
6. My Grandmothers cream corn
7. My moms turnip greens

Dessert:
1a. My grandmother’s chocolate cake
1b. Another of my aunts pecan pie!!!

Sadly I’ll never have my moms, my grandmothers, or one of my aunts cooking again as they have passed.
We’ve tried to replicate some recipes but, to no avail!!!!

What I wouldn’t give for just one more with’em.

1. Fried turkey
2. My aunts Cajun spaghetti
3. My moms dressing
4. My grandmothers chicken n dumplings
5. Another aunts lasagna
6. My Grandmothers cream corn
7. My moms turnip greens

Dessert:
1a. My grandmother’s chocolate cake
1b. Another of my aunts pecan pie!!!

Sadly I’ll never have my moms, my grandmothers, or one of my aunts cooking again as they have passed.
We’ve tried to replicate some recipes but, to no avail!!!!

What I wouldn’t give for just one more with’em.

Nothing like a grandmother's cooking. Those Sunday afternoon lunches at my grandmother's house when I was a little kid were incredible. Would do damn near anything for some of those homemade biscuits just one more time...

Here is a point of contention. And I LOVE my mom's dressing.

The month ends with an "R." It's oyster season. I don't believe there are many Thanksgiving sides that match. (Whether I go get them or rely on the guys at Shem Creek? A decision left to be made.)

Had some good oyster dressing in and round Mobile a few times. Almost attempted to make it once from a recipe someone gave me years back, but never did.

1. My Mom's deviled eggs.
2. My Dad's fried crappie.
3. My Pap Pap's chow chow.
4. My Mom's butterbeans.
5. My wife's dressing.

Dessert:
Tie -
1. My Aunt Maudie's fried pies.
2. My Granny's chocolate pie.
3. My wife's pecan pies made with either Golden Eagle or Yellow Label.

Food and family tug on my heartstrings, hard typing this...only my wife and mom are still with me.

In September, I went to the Fried Pie Festival in Buchanan, GA. It rained, and the lines were long, but it was worth it to have fresh fried pies.

1. My Mom's deviled eggs.
2. My Dad's fried crappie.
3. My Pap Pap's chow chow.
4. My Mom's butterbeans.
5. My wife's dressing.

Dessert:
Tie -
1. My Aunt Maudie's fried pies.
2. My Granny's chocolate pie.
3. My wife's pecan pies made with either Golden Eagle or Yellow Label.

Food and family tug on my heartstrings, hard typing this...only my wife and mom are still with me.

In September, I went to the Fried Pie Festival in Buchanan, GA. It rained, and the lines were long, but it was worth it to have fresh fried pies.

I almost went with this, that's the only two ways I make them... but my Mom's chocolate pie is just that damn good.

Also, same on that other part with wife and Mom. Well, MIL is too, but she doesn't cook. My wife is trying to learn my Mom's dressing, but it's like Clayton Kershaw trying to teach a kid to throw his curveball.

Never heard of this festival, but I need it.

I almost went with this, that's the only two ways I make them... but my Mom's chocolate pie is just that damn good.

Also, same on that other part with wife and Mom. Well, MIL is too, but she doesn't cook. My wife is trying to learn my Mom's dressing, but it's like Clayton Kershaw trying to teach a kid to throw his curveball.

Never heard of this festival, but I need it.
It's a down home affair, for sure...

1) cornbread dressing
2) smoked ham
3) smoked turkey
4) corn
5) green beans
6) Mac & cheese
7) Gravy

Desserts:

1) pumpkin 🎃 pie with whipped topping
2) sweet potato 🍠 pie
3) cranberry sauce
4) congealed salad

Tommy, I've got zero qualms with your plate, but somehow you managed to find about the only 4 desserts on God's green earth that I don't want near me... Although is cranberry sauce a dessert? I don't know.

Back
Top Bottom