| RECRUIT đź–‹ 2022~Early Signing Period.đź–‹

Why? We got Smith who was ranked higher than Wood and is way 2x better than Wood is. Renaud is underrated and should've been ranked higher than Wood. I'm not big fan of Wood and his playing style.
Because he's an in- state kid and UA obviously wanted him. Just hate for the state to be poached by outsiders. Could we/would we have taken both? Yes.

Because he's an in- state kid and UA obviously wanted him. Just hate for the state to be poached by outsiders. Could we/would we have taken both? Yes.
Just to be fair, how many time we've lost the instate kids to the other program since 2009? This is nothing new. Look at Georgia's class... Ohio State.. You recuit the best players available. Few years ago, we didn't have anyone who was from alabama.

In the summer Alabama had seven players rated as 5 Stars and 14 others as 4 Stars (the most 4 and 5 Star players the state has had in the recruiting website era). Bored and sitting in an airport, I plugged all those names into 247’s Class Calculator and from memory I think they scored about 312 or so. Which based on their ratings at that time, Bama could have had the top class if they had been able to sign all of the Top 25 instate recruits (no players from other states included). Of course, over time three of the recruits lost their 5th Star and some of the 4 Star guys dropped down as well … so the math no longer worked for a top class. Nonetheless, it was still a very rare year for so much high school talent to reside in Alabama. Like you, I hate losing instate talent … especially to Dabo, Kirby or any coach at cow patty u. If it makes you feel better, Saban did take the top two players in Georgia! In fact, Kirby only signed a handful of his state’s top players yet ended up with the number 2 class. It’s just another change in college football. You no longer have to get your state’s best players to win. Typically when Saban has the top class, he’s taken the state’s of Florida and/or Texas to the cleaners. Not so with this class … he took most of Alabama’s best recruits plus a few players from a number of other states. But getting both off Georgia’s only 5 Star guys makes me smile!

Thanks for the prayers. It's been a rough year. She got cancer and is currently cancer free. But we had to postpone knee replacement. That what we are having done now. Lot of pain.
Your circumstance makes this whole thread insignificant. I'm sorry for your wife's diagnosis, so happy she's responded well. The knee thing is a 7-10 day crucible, hang in there and she'll be golden coming out the other side.

@Brandon Van de Graaff @TerryP

What's the word on Hall, Cormani, Ricks as of now?

I don't know. If I ever hear anything that I believe to be solid, I'll usually post it... but recruiting has become a fool's hobby IMO. 15 years ago, I followed it really closely. Now, it's more of a view from 25,000 feet and I don't give it much attention until after the class is signed... but still nothing like I used to. Info used to change month to month, sometimes week to week. Now it's hour to hour and minute to minute... like a damn sports soap opera. It is fun though to enjoy the cake after it's baked.

Back
Top Bottom