| OT Yellowstone

Yes!!!

I was out there a year ago this week, took this photo last year on June 4… I want to go back soon, Mrs. Van de Graaff and I were talking about it last night… Have fun! View attachment 27981
Love the lighting in that pic. It's a beautiful place. Weather is a little flaky this time of year but the crowds aren't really here yet and we like seeing all the babies that are around now. We've seen wolves, grizzlies, black bear, mountain goats, moose, and loads of bison, elk, and deer. Been a little limited on hiking, which is what I like to do, but my wife busted her ankle in craters of the moon so haven't gotten off the beaten path much.

Love the lighting in that pic. It's a beautiful place. Weather is a little flaky this time of year but the crowds aren't really here yet and we like seeing all the babies that are around now. We've seen wolves, grizzlies, black bear, mountain goats, moose, and loads of bison, elk, and deer. Been a little limited on hiking, which is what I like to do, but my wife busted her ankle in craters of the moon so haven't gotten off the beaten path much.

It was the only time I've been, but I thought it was perfect. Like you said, crowds were not bad yet, it was warm some days but not blazing hot. And I can handle the cold, it never seemed to last long anyway. The only time the weather really impacted us was driving Beartooth Pass... we ended up in a snowstorm and had to turn around, but it was still a fun drive. Thanks for sharing the photos!

It was the only time I've been, but I thought it was perfect. Like you said, crowds were not bad yet, it was warm some days but not blazing hot. And I can handle the cold, it never seemed to last long anyway. The only time the weather really impacted us was driving Beartooth Pass... we ended up in a snowstorm and had to turn around, but it was still a fun drive. Thanks for sharing the photos!
My sister went in dead of winter. Rented cabins and traveled by snowmobile

Her pictures were incredible.

We were there in july. Snowed on us. Lol

Bear tooth opened on the 1st, we went on the 2nd, it had whiteout conditions yesterday.

Bear tooth opened on the 1st, we went on the 2nd, it had whiteout conditions yesterday.

Yeah, it was a nice easy drive until all of a sudden it wasn't... haha.

Me too, we went to Fairbanks in January and did snowmobiles, northern lights, ice fishing etc. I loved it but I do suggest having a female and a bottle with you for ice fishing, can get pretty boring otherwise. Probably my favorite state. If you've never been to Denali I highly recommend it.

My brother lived in Fairbanks for a couple years... I had hoped to visit while he was there, but never made it before he moved back south. I do want to do an Alaskan Cruise one day... that may be the only thing that gets me there at this point.

II would like to do a cruise I think but I also like planning my own itinerary so I'm not sure how I'd feel about being on their schedule. For the Denali trip we flew into Anchorage and rented a motorhome. We really enjoyed that. Did halibut and salmon fishing in Seward, that's where I'd wanna live

II would like to do a cruise I think but I also like planning my own itinerary so I'm not sure how I'd feel about being on their schedule. For the Denali trip we flew into Anchorage and rented a motorhome. We really enjoyed that. Did halibut and salmon fishing in Seward, that's where I'd wanna live
Didn't @It Takes Eleven just do that?

I don't want to go some place where it's cold. That's the reason I live here. I hate it being cold.

I have been a couple times in the summer. The GF and I were planning on going for Christmas 2 years ago. Got to her house to pick her up and got the notification that my flight had been cancelled due to all the airport closures. We were bummed. Supposed to snowmobile in the park for 2 days and then outside the park for 1 day. Have not rescheduled the trip, but would like to.

It was nice in summer but if you don't wanna be cold steer clear of Fairbanks in the winter. We usually try to chase 65 to 75 but it's so fickle here that's hard to do in the mountains.f
Fickle. I love this area because of the weather. But. BUT. This time of the year I am not a fan...changing clothes three times a day it seems.

Fickle. I love this area because of the weather. But. BUT. This time of the year I am not a fan...changing clothes three times a day it seems.
Cold can be a vacation moment. Hot/humid is just us southerners way of life

In Washington (state) on east side of cascades it was cold high in mountains...sometimes cool at best
Went to work ( forester ) 1 day in the 3 years without wearing heavy jacket Saw snow every calendar day of the year. Got really old

Take the southern heat n humidity and run that A/C anytime over the live in cold

Cold can be a vacation moment. Hot/humid is just us southerners way of life

In Washington (state) on east side of cascades it was cold high in mountains...sometimes cool at best
Went to work ( forester ) 1 day in the 3 years without wearing heavy jacket Saw snow every calendar day of the year. Got really old

Take the southern heat n humidity and run that A/C anytime over the live in cold
Sounds a lot like my middle daughter, I suggested alaska for next summer and she said she vetoed that, she wanted a hot summer. Explained how vetoes work, that they were for people in charge, not sure she agreed with that concept.

Back
Top Bottom