| OT Yellowstone

BVG, know we talked about Glacier. Here's a few pics. It's something I'd recommend seeing but if you're not into hiking or rafting it's a one day place for me. Tried to come on the shoulder season and barely made seeing the Going to the sun road as it opened yesterday. It's an amazing 50 mile ride but once that's done, go see many Glacier and then it's hiking or rafting time. We rented atv's yesterday and rode all over national forest land around hungry horse reservoir and I really enjoyed that more than the park, same scenery none of the crowds. Every parking space on gtts road was almost always full, lines of dumbass drivers, not my kinda place. I like yellowstone a lot more.

Attachments

• 20240621_153553.jpg
    20240621_153553.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 5
  • 20240621_160709.jpg
    20240621_160709.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 3
  • 20240621_160946.jpg
    20240621_160946.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 3
  • 20240623_125313.jpg
    20240623_125313.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 4
  • 20240623_141532.jpg
    20240623_141532.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 4
  • 20240623_141815.jpg
    20240623_141815.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 4
  • 20240623_142519.jpg
    20240623_142519.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 5
BVG, know we talked about Glacier. Here's a few pics. It's something I'd recommend seeing but if you're not into hiking or rafting it's a one day place for me. Tried to come on the shoulder season and barely made seeing the Going to the sun road as it opened yesterday. It's an amazing 50 mile ride but once that's done, go see many Glacier and then it's hiking or rafting time. We rented atv's yesterday and rode all over national forest land around hungry horse reservoir and I really enjoyed that more than the park, same scenery none of the crowds. Every parking space on gtts road was almost always full, lines of dumbass drivers, not my kinda place. I like yellowstone a lot more.

Nice! Would love the ATV rides... we almost did that in Jackson Hole but balked because of the weather. When we go to Sedona, renting ATV's is by far my favorite thing to do... As for the hiking, my back and knee won't allow me to do too much of it, even on my better days... though I do enjoy it. Would love to do the rafting there, but not sure Mrs. and Little Miss Van de Graaff would go for it. It would likely take a toll on my back as well, but it would be worth it.

This is how I read this:

"Hey, I've got an idea. Let's go on a vacation to relax and we're all cold, every day, all the time."
Lol. Welll. After these past few weeks...cold doesnt sound bad...
Till February....then..be impatiently waiting to warm up...

But ..... lived in cold...cold cold....it sux... to just go out in a long sleeve T.... would dream about

I'm guessing it's around 80 this morning...wind is blowing enough where you can smell the ocean in the air. And, at 80, it's a little chilly with the breeze and moisture in the air.
69 in mountains. Cool. 80. Cant be cool

Just summer. Try not to complain.

Pool water is 88. Seen it get to 90 few years ago. Might very well make it this year
Our cooler nights bring it down some. But they look to be over next week. Thank goodness for trees

69 in mountains. Cool. 80. Cant be cool

Just summer. Try not to complain.

Pool water is 88. Seen it get to 90 few years ago. Might very well make it this year
Our cooler nights bring it down some. But they look to be over next week. Thank goodness for trees
I haven't been in the salt water in a few weeks, so this is a guess. The water temp in fresh water is roughly 80 right now...likely about the same in the salt water.

That said. When there is a breeze off the water, even if it is in the 80's, there's a chill in the air. You may call it a "cool breeze."

I haven't been in the salt water in a few weeks, so this is a guess. The water temp in fresh water is roughly 80 right now...likely about the same in the salt water.

That said. When there is a breeze off the water, even if it is in the 80's, there's a chill in the air. You may call it a "cool breeze."
Key west gets that cool breeze in the winter. We're usually there 3 to 4 months between October and March

Key west gets that cool breeze in the winter. We're usually there 3 to 4 months between October and March
When I get off work tonight/tomorrow I'm taking the kayak out again. It'll be shorts, and a sweatshirt. Wind off the water is a different thing.

Based on what I'm seeing right now with the weather and the water...bet I'll pull two dozen bass tomorrow morning.

When I get off work tonight/tomorrow I'm taking the kayak out again. It'll be shorts, and a sweatshirt. Wind off the water is a different thing.

Based on what I'm seeing right now with the weather and the water...bet I'll pull two dozen bass tomorrow morning.
Bass fishing is one of my favorite hobbies, don't get to do much of it being on the road. I could try from shore but that's just something I wanna be on the front deck for. Leave my boat at my folks in south alabama so usually get to go some in the spring and fall on my way through. I like spear fishing almost as much, helps me get my bow hunting fix in.

Bass fishing is one of my favorite hobbies, don't get to do much of it being on the road. I could try from shore but that's just something I wanna be on the front deck for. Leave my boat at my folks in south alabama so usually get to go some in the spring and fall on my way through. I like spear fishing almost as much, helps me get my bow hunting fix in.
The water is glass this morning. Glass. They'll be biting at the rail road tracks when the train comes over...otherwise, looks like a dead morning. Crappie? I bet I could hit some beds this morning...may go that direction.

My mom's fight with Lupus kept me off the water yesterday. Two dozen? It isn't an exaggeration. Ironically, I have a few friends who have 50+ years of fishing the reservoir area. I could probably be a fishing guide ... but I don't think there's a such thing on the res. This is a seven/eight mile stretch of water (600 or so acres) where I can point to dozen's of crappie beds, dozen's of "hot spots" for bass.

I have a friend who is a member of a kayak fishing league...his June total, out of five bass right now, is 121". Think about that. Five, at 121 inches. HUGE fish.

Screenshot 2024-06-26 9.26.37 AM.png

My mom's fight with Lupus kept me off the water yesterday. Two dozen? It isn't an exaggeration. Ironically, I have a few friends who have 50+ years of fishing the reservoir area. I could probably be a fishing guide ... but I don't think there's a such thing on the res. This is a seven/eight mile stretch of water (600 or so acres) where I can point to dozen's of crappie beds, dozen's of "hot spots" for bass.

I have a friend who is a member of a kayak fishing league...his June total, out of five bass right now, is 121". Think about that. Five, at 121 inches. HUGE fish.

View attachment 28089
Wow. Sounds like great life.

But soory about ur mom.

Back
Top Bottom