| FTBL Y'all Seen This Massive Houndstooth Hat?

They had a feature on the local news in Birmingham last night, showing the workers putting the giant hat in place.

Moreno, where in SW Georgia are you. I have family in Cairo.

Crazy hat, indeed. When I saw this pics this morning, I thought it was going to be like the giant tomahawk chop Chik-Fil-A cow at Turner Field!!

I'm about 90 miles due north of Cairo in the big city of Americus, Georgia.

moreno_iv said:
Crazy hat, indeed. When I saw this pics this morning, I thought it was going to be like the giant tomahawk chop Chik-Fil-A cow at Turner Field!!

I'm about 90 miles due north of Cairo in the big city of Americus, Georgia.

On US 280 between Cordele and Plains. We lived in Vidalia back in the eighties and passed through Americus when we were coming to Birmingham to see parents, so I got to know Americus a little.

psychojoe said:
I think it is to identify the "Bear Bryant" concession stand at BDS.

A giant houndstooth hat hoisted into Bryant-Denny Stadium on Wednesday morning will sit above a new concession stand, The Bear's Den. The 12-foot-long hat is a replica of late University of Alabama football coach Paul W. 'Bear' Bryant's signature headwear. It is part of an effort by Centerplate Inc., the company selected earlier this year to manage concessions at the stadium, to spruce up game-day services in the stadium. The hat arrived Wednesday and workers began immediately to put it into the stadium, using a 150-foot crane to hoist it behind section U4 in the north end zone. Weighing 550 pounds, the fiberglass houndstooth hat will sit above the concession stand at an angle so fans can see the front and top of the hat, said Diana Evans, a spokeswoman for the Connecticut-based company. The Bear's Den will serve hamburgers, hot dogs and nachos, and will be one of several themed concession stands. Ezell's Fish Camp will have a tin roof and look like a cabin on the lake, and Crimson Fried has a mural of past UA football teams, Evans said.

The stadium has several new concession stands, including Dreamland, Tortilla Junction and Ezell's Fish Camp.

Back
Top Bottom