| FTBL Will Terry Grant break the 1000-yard mark?

Will Terry Grant have over 1000 yards rushing this season?

• No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not sure

• Don't care

• Total voters
I'm going to say no, just because I don't think he will get enough carries. He will have a high YPC though, and he will catch a ton of screens and dump passes and have quite a few receiving yards.

Porterhouse said:
I'm going to say no, just because I don't think he will get enough carries. He will have a high YPC though, and he will catch a ton of screens and dump passes and have quite a few receiving yards.

Yeah, he will definitely need a lot of carries to get the 1000 yards. But I'm guessing that he'll get enough.

What Porter said. Carries are likely to be spread among 3 different backs so unless Grant has an outragious YPC average it is highly doubtful that will happen.

I could actually see our rushing stats at the end of the year looking something like this;

back #1--675 yards
back #2--600 yards
back #3--430 yards

I think Grant will have a succesful season if he just gets 500 yards (under a rotation scenario).

porkchop said:
What Porter said. Carries are likely to be spread among 3 different backs so unless Grant has an outragious YPC average it is highly doubtful that will happen.

I could actually see our rushing stats at the end of the year looking something like this;

back #1--675 yards
back #2--600 yards
back #3--430 yards

I think Grant will have a succesful season if he just gets 500 yards (under a rotation scenario).

What he said.

Here are the rushing numbers from LSU's national championship season under Saban...

5zgk2ls.jpg

You notice that he uses a heavy rotation of backs, something it certainly appears he will do this year at BAMA also as well. Also, while Vincent did manage to barely break the 1000 yard mark in '03, it took him 14 games to do so, and even then, he had to pull off some monster runs, as indicated by his 6.5 YPC average.

Wow. Looking at that list, those are some pretty impressive names. Let's hope that we can look back in about five years and have the same feelings about our roster. Something tells me we will.

IF he stays healthy and the pecking order is unchanged from Spring, I'm guessing he rushes for 750 to 1250, with another 200 to 400 in receiving. If he is in the KO return mix, all-purpose numbers could be significant as well.

RTR,

Tim

I voted not sure.

It basically depends on if he's the starter and if they do the before mentioned rotation.

I would like to hope he gets 1,000 yards, because he is my favorite back. :wink:

Good Poll BT.

I'm gonna go ahead and pull a RollTideRandy here.

I'm sure most everybody remembers his infatuation with Ray Hudson....Well Terry Grant for Heisman baby. Not this year of course, but I think in a year or so he will be our star RB.

I believe, like most folks on here, that CNS wants a RB by committee,and I don't think that will be a problem. IMO Grant will be the quick/slasher that gets all the glory while we have someone like Jimmy Johns pounding on the opposing team to wear them down.

I see us in the next year or so having a running game the way Tutorsee was during their glory days of fat-Fil. I could have swore that Jamal Lewis was there the entire decade of the 90's. :?

While I voted that Grant would get 1000 yds (getting into the crimson-colored glasses mentality of RollTideRandy) I agree with Porter's assessment. We have too many RB's that all seem to be about even as far as running ability/talent for one to be the work-horse.

I think Coffee ends up being the starter. He can run, catch and BLOCK. Blocking is something none of the other guys have down to the degree that Coffee does. I think Grant will get a lot of carries, just not enough to break that 1000 yard mark. JMO.

RTR
BamaSon25

I am not sure if he will or not, but I am excited about the running backs we have. At the A day game, Taylor kind of caught my eye at RB.Did anyone feel the same about him?

bama4life said:
I am not sure if he will or not, but I am excited about the running backs we have. At the A day game, Taylor kind of caught my eye at RB.Did anyone feel the same about him?

Absolutely. I think he will definitely push for playing time.

Back
Top Bottom