| FTBL Will John Parker Wilson set a new passing mark this season?

Will John Parker Wilson set the record for the most passing yards in a season for a BAMA QB (current

• No, not this season.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I belive he will. I know our whole play book won't be opened up in one year but, I think we will sneak up on some teams this year. A big part of it will be in the passing game. I'm certain JPW will have a great year.

If not this season, hes got a great chance his senior year. One year under his belt with this semi-pass happy offense, and he could have more than just this record.

I voted no because if he does, it more than likely means we can't run the ball like last year. Best case would be JP breaks the record and Terry Grant rushes for 1500 yards. If that happens, I'll see yall in Hot-Lanta!!!

WooPiigSooie!!!!! said:
he might if you guys rush for 5 yards a game like last year

The problem last year was not moving the ball it was punching it in on the 1 yard line. If you look back at the Bama/Arky game you'll see we walked up and down the field on the hog D but just couldn't take it into the endzone.

I think we will pass this year even more than last year. He should dink and dunk defenses to death and break the record. I would look for lots of screens and such and not up the middle, bomb, up the middle, bomb.

http://www.rolltide.com/ViewArticle...11&DB_OEM_ID=8000&ATCLID=511941&Q_SEASON=2007

2006 (Sophomore): Started all 12 games for the Crimson Tide. He finished the season with a passing efficiency of 128.92, completing 198-of-346 passes for 2,539 yards, 16 touchdowns and nine interceptions. He threw for over 200 yards in the first seven games of the season, setting a new school record, and finished with a school record nine 200-yard games. He had six games with two or more touchdown passes and threw at least one touchdown pass in nine contests. Wilson also recorded 76 carries for 73 yards with a long of 27. He finished the season ranked in the top-five of most single season passing categories at Alabama. He set the school record for passing yards and pass attempts, tied the record for touchdowns and finished third in completions. He completed 16 of his 29 attempts for 253 yards and a touchdown in his first career start against Hawaii.

It is my understanding that Wilson already holds the single season passing record. Is RollTide.com off with ther info? :?

Argo said:
http://www.rolltide.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=37424&SPID=3011&DB_OEM_ID=8000&ATCLID=511941&Q_SEASON=2007

2006 (Sophomore): Started all 12 games for the Crimson Tide. He finished the season with a passing efficiency of 128.92, completing 198-of-346 passes for 2,539 yards, 16 touchdowns and nine interceptions. He threw for over 200 yards in the first seven games of the season, setting a new school record, and finished with a school record nine 200-yard games. He had six games with two or more touchdown passes and threw at least one touchdown pass in nine contests. Wilson also recorded 76 carries for 73 yards with a long of 27. He finished the season ranked in the top-five of most single season passing categories at Alabama. He set the school record for passing yards and pass attempts, tied the record for touchdowns and finished third in completions. He completed 16 of his 29 attempts for 253 yards and a touchdown in his first career start against Hawaii.

It is my understanding that Wilson already holds the single season passing record. Is RollTide.com off with ther info? :?

Well son of a bitch. I too got the info off their website, but I guess they haven't updated that other part (under history and records).

I guess that settles this little debate. Thanks Argo! :lol:

Porterhouse said:
Argo said:
http://www.rolltide.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=37424&SPID=3011&DB_OEM_ID=8000&ATCLID=511941&Q_SEASON=2007

Well son of a bitch. I too got the info off their website, but I guess they haven't updated that other part (under history and records).

And the mighty Pooter goes down. Can't wait until Trey from Thomasville sees this.

Lord knows how many mistakes I've made here. :oops:

Porterhouse said:
Argo said:

I only know this because of the write up I did for the Western Carolina game. I actually checked the RollTide.com history records, but realized the last update was for 6/06. The only reason I caught it was because of the countdown thread on BU.

When I saw this thread I was about to start doing some editing! :lol:

Tider 27 said:
Porterhouse said:
Argo said:

And the mighty Pooter goes down. Can't wait until Trey from Thomasville sees this.

Lord knows how many mistakes I've made here. :oops:

You give me too much credit. I post some whacked out stuff on my best days... it doesn't even phase me anymore. :D

Argo said:
Porterhouse said:
Argo said:

I only know this because of the write up I did for the Western Carolina game. I actually checked the RollTide.com history records, but realized the last update was for 6/06. The only reason I caught it was because of the countdown thread on BU.

When I saw this thread I was about to start doing some editing! :lol:

The sad thing is, I had about 5 more similar polls to post... they all just went into the Recycle Bin though. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom