| MBB/WBB 🏀2024-25 Alabama Basketball Roster Updates and Offseason News...Bama to hire Detroit Pistons assistant, Brian Adams

We had a similar thread last year, and like it, I will update this one with the movement as it happens and next season's roster takes shape. Obviously, all the players in red that are set to return, won't. And others will be added via the portal. But I'll keep this updated and keep track of it as it all unfolds. As always, let me know of any errors/mistakes.

Also, keep in mind, there are 13 scholarship spots available per season. As of now, Alabama is +2 (15 scholarshipped players), which means at a minimum, 2 of the following will not return.

Current 2024/25 roster outlook as of now:
G Mark Sears (5th year Senior)

G Latrell Wrightsell Jr. (5th year Senior)

G Davin Cosby Jr. (Sophomore)
G Houston Mallette (Senior)
F Nick Pringle (5th year Senior)
F Grant Nelson (5th year Senior)
F Mohamed Wague (Senior)

F Sam Walters (Sophomore)
F Mouhamed Dioubate (Sophomore)
F Jarin Stevenson (Sophomore)

G/F Naas Cunningham (Freshman)
F Derrion Reid (Freshman)
C Aiden Sherrell (Freshman)
G Rylan Griffin (Junior)

G/F Kris Parker (Redshirt Freshman)
PG Aden Holloway (Sophomore)

Players from 2023/24 that are not eligible to return next season
G Aaron Estrada

Players eligible to return for next season that will not
G/F Kris Parker
G Rylan Griffen
F Sam Walters
F Nick Pringle
G Davin Cosby

Players signed that are set to join Alabama for next season
G/F Naas Cunningham
F Derrion Reid
C Aiden Sherrell

Players transferring in to play for Alabama next season
G Houston Mallette (Pepperdine)
G Chris Youngblood (USF)

SEC Basketball Roster Tracker

I don't think so. It's a boat with a deep V hull. The T22CC Bayliner we have can make that wake. I think they retail for about 55K now.

I'm just going off experience here at Lake Oconee. These folks love their wake boats and pay out the rear end for them. It's all about the look and ease at that stage. I bet the boat they're rolling in is six figures easily. They flood the hull with ballasts and tanks to make a wake specifically for this. They aren't doing this in a Bayliner I wouldn't think. You gotta think, these kinds of folks don't know the true mechanics of a boat or most likely how to maneuver one properly and prefer to hit buttons rather than manually create.

For instance, last year Dan Mullen purchased a Malibu Wakesetter that was over $300,000 and rides it around Lake Oconee.

@BamaFan334

In my opinion, this is a life lesson. So, here goes...

I do most of my fishing from my Hobie, Pro Angler. (I named her "Snatch.")

But...here's the "lesson."

We have a LX Sport Line (30', I think...maybe 28') and the Bayliner I mentioned earlier. By we, I mean eight of us went in on both boats. The 80K it took to buy the tri-toon doesn't hurt as much when it's only 10K out of your pocket. Here's the thing, in my opinion.

They say the best days of being a boat owner are the day you bought it and the day you sold it. That's all about maintaining the boat. When five of the eight of us being able to work on a motor ...

We just took a "time share" approach to buying boats. When one of us wants to go out there are two responses, consistently. It's either "I don't care," or "what time?" They've got the tri-toon on the Cooper today...I don't care. Got too much stuff to do around the house today.

Here's my biggest bitch. I think we paid $180 per foot for dry dock this past winter. For a little over two months, that seemed like a "bite."

I'm just going off experience here at Lake Oconee. These folks love their wake boats and pay out the rear end for them. It's all about the look and ease at that stage. I bet the boat they're rolling in is six figures easily. They flood the hull with ballasts and tanks to make a wake specifically for this. They aren't doing this in a Bayliner I wouldn't think. You gotta think, these kinds of folks don't know the true mechanics of a boat or most likely how to maneuver one properly and prefer to hit buttons rather than manually create.

For instance, last year Dan Mullen purchased a Malibu Wakesetter that was over $300,000 and rides it around Lake Oconee.
Look, Casey. You've been here. I'm thinking about my neighbors here...I can point to five, maybe six, boats in a one minute walk. Not including my kayak. From canoe's to pontoons...I have a friend that lives about a mile from me that has nine. Maybe 10?

When you are making the money he is? You may be right on the cost of the boat. My only point was you can get that sized wake on a boat based on its hull shape. Trust me...I hit one of those last year, tubing, and it took three weeks to get the water out of my ears. Wiped out. (And yes, the boat driver did it on purpose. 🙃 )

🎶 That's what friends are for... 🎶

Look, Casey. You've been here. I'm thinking about my neighbors here...I can point to five, maybe six, boats in a one minute walk. Not including my kayak. From canoe's to pontoons...I have a friend that lives about a mile from me that has nine. Maybe 10?

When you are making the money he is? You may be right on the cost of the boat. My only point was you can get that sized wake on a boat based on its hull shape. Trust me...I hit one of those last year, tubing, and it took three weeks to get the water out of my ears. Wiped out. (And yes, the boat driver did it on purpose. 🙃 )

🎶 That's what friends are for... 🎶

Right, I'm not saying you can't do it, just stating with their money they are paying for that pleasure to be a button flip away. Folks like us that have a genuine interest in learning a machine like that can do what we want in them and make them work for us.

Yeah, when I lived in Charleston I loved riding around just looking at the boats being pulled, in the harbor, or in driveways. My dreamboat is a Yellowfin, would gladly take a Contender, but I tell you that a Scout is one of the prettier boats I have seen for what us "normal folks" can afford.

Right, I'm not saying you can't do it, just stating with their money they are paying for that pleasure to be a button flip away. Folks like us that have a genuine interest in learning a machine like that can do what we want in them and make them work for us.

Yeah, when I lived in Charleston I loved riding around just looking at the boats being pulled, in the harbor, or in driveways. My dreamboat is a Yellowfin, would gladly take a Contender, but I tell you that a Scout is one of the prettier boats I have seen for what us "normal folks" can afford.
Ya pissed me off and I started doing math. I HATE math.

Between the two boats, that's probably around 180K. But, with eight of us, it's a bit over 20K. For a party boat and a fishing/ski boat.

I grabbed a deal on my Hobie. A little over 4K for a 7K kayak. Just caught it at the right day, right time...with a guy I fish with who owns a bait shop.

Math, again. If we include the jon boats, canoes, kayaks...damn. I'm thinking between the eight of us we have 24 or so. (Dude, got curious and went to count. I have 117 golf clubs.)

Shrimping, with a cast net, is SO much easier off of a Jon boat. We can put 10 bait balls out and with that boat, it's just easier to move from pole to pole.

Dollars, or years?

😂😂😂🤣😂

We’d get a badass ski boat for $5000 back then… we had a mastercraft super sport for the water sports, and a big glasstron for the hanging out stuff and staying in the water over night….

Years for sure….
Through high school and young adulthood. Wake boarding/surfing, skurfing, knee boarding, skiing…..
Did a few pro-am slalom skiing comps in the 80’s. Even had a skiing scholarship offer to southwest LA but decided to play football (bad decision looking back) should’ve skied or played baseball through college instead…

Skiing was my release from “it all” back in the day….

Ya pissed me off and I started doing math. I HATE math.

Between the two boats, that's probably around 180K. But, with eight of us, it's a bit over 20K. For a party boat and a fishing/ski boat.

I grabbed a deal on my Hobie. A little over 4K for a 7K kayak. Just caught it at the right day, right time...with a guy I fish with who owns a bait shop.

Math, again. If we include the jon boats, canoes, kayaks...damn. I'm thinking between the eight of us we have 24 or so. (Dude, got curious and went to count. I have 117 golf clubs.)

Shrimping, with a cast net, is SO much easier off of a Jon boat. We can put 10 bait balls out and with that boat, it's just easier to move from pole to pole.

Ha Ha, now your day is fulfilled.

Ha Ha, now your day is fulfilled.
NO. I'm left with a major decision.

I bought a six pack of beer this morning. I just went to the fridge, I have none. I haven't had a beer today. Now...have had several friends over today that I said, "there's beer in the fridge." So. I dug this grave.

Now.

Do I drive? Do I bike? It's 94 outside...do you realize how hot the car will be when I get inside? Or, consider...a 5 minute ride in the shade.

I just wanted a beer.

NO. I'm left with a major decision.

I bought a six pack of beer this morning. I just went to the fridge, I have none. I haven't had a beer today. Now...have had several friends over today that I said, "there's beer in the fridge." So. I dug this grave.

Now.

Do I drive? Do I bike? It's 94 outside...do you realize how hot the car will be when I get inside? Or, consider...a 5 minute ride in the shade.

I just wanted a beer.
Uber to a bar nearby, stay till it cools off then walk back

Uber to a bar nearby, stay till it cools off then walk back
I just don't "do" bars any longer. The wildly ironic thing here is this: we're looking at locations right now which would be my fourth bar venture.

This one is going to WILDLY different.

No signage. Just a steeple on the building.
Key card entry, only.
If you want to stop by for a beer? Cool. 18 bucks. There's five more if you want them, today.
We're about "this close" to saying, "one menu item, per day." So, if it's Wednesday (we're going to call it 'Rare Wednesday versus Prayer Wednesday) Steak, shrimp, lobster. All day. You don't have a choice.

IF I mention what I'm thinking about doing on Sunday mornings...it'll rub a few the wrong way. And, I know it will work.

Back
Top Bottom