| FTBL Why were you pissed when we took Fran from you?

G

I did not understand the anger then and I certainly do not understand it now. He has done nothing since arriving at A&M except set records for futility.

At the time I thought y'all were mad b/c he left without telling the kids in person. I have often heard that "hold the rope" line but the juniors he said that two were seniors when he left and had just gotten a 10 win season. I did not personally think he owed them anything. We gave you Bear Bryant, and maybe took from you a coach that woulda killed your program. You should be glad we took Fran from you. Now our AD needs to have the cajones to get rid of him.

First, I'd just like to apologize to you. I'm not sure why, but I do feel a bit guilty after watching that game tonight.

Second, people are still pissed at Fran. I'm not sure that it's A&M in general although we do indirectly pull against you guys because of Fran.

Lastly, good luck with the rest of your season.

p.s. If Fran gets canned, don't come knocking on our door again!!

Welcome back Bocephus. Don't get me wrong, you are more than welcome here, but you should do like the rest of us and go read the Aggie board. It's been very entertaining tonight.

I, like many folks around Alabama, loved Fran. He came in and in 2 short years wiped away some dismal crap from the previous coaching staff. Sort of like what Saban is doing now. Fran installed pride in players that had lost it in a sense. He made us tough again. He had us on the track of being feared in the SEC. All of that left when he left. We all hear that the University is bigger than any one man. But as you see right now by the product on the field, one man can make a difference.

With Frans control freak mentality and rigid rules I really thought he would do well at aTm, it being a military school and all. I really do not understand why he hasn't done better. Not trying to knock aTm, but they have been and will always be in the shadow of Texas, but there is so much talent out there I didn't think that would really matter. ;scr

Nonetheless the reason everybody hates fRan is because he won us over. He duped us. We loved him and we thought he loved us back. Coaching is big business and too many peoples heart was caught up in it. In reading texags.com, it is plain to see that you guys love the aggies as much as we love the Tide.

Imagine if you hired Gary Patterson from TCU. He comes in and gives you guys an 8-4 year and follows it up with an 11-1 season and a birth to the Big XII championship. He says all the right things and seems to instill and preach the Aggie Creed. He makes you swell with pride when he refers to his defense as the new wrecking crew and has a defense to make you think of the wrecking crew of old. Then imagine at the end of that year he says............(nothing) just hops a plane and leaves. Not even F-U or anything. Not saying it's right, for the fans to over react, but it really did hurt. We only have Alabama and Auburn to cling to in this state. We absolutely love our colleges with a passion. We don't have the Spurs, Astros, Cowboys, Rangers, Rockets, etc.... We just have our colleges and that's it. Probably a little too attached, but that's the way it is.

Bocephus, I have all the respect in the world for A&M. Gene Stallings, Coach Bryant, Junction Boys and a tough football college are some of the reasons I will like A&M.

Take it for what its worth, like RammerJammer said we all embraced Fran. Its FranTastic, Hold the rope, Man Teets and all. I am sure there is more to the story on why he left, and that doesn't bother me. Its how he left, we were a program in shambles, needed someone to hold the rope and get us out of the rut we were in. Fran was a glimmering light, that turned into a total eclipse. Blacking out all vision of getting out of the cesspool of NCAA Sanctions. We had to endure Mike Price, and had to have one of our own to limp us through the probation years.

Him leaving left a sour taste, along with the probation. He came and left in a blink of an eye. Leaving our team to fend for itself. Watching a solid program like A&M having to endure Fran, is not comforting to me, but watching Fran take a woodshed whipping is entertaining. I only wished he coached Auburn. Then it would be icing on the cake.

Nice name though. Big Hank Jr. fan. :)

Bo, just remember when they hired him, that feeling that things were going to turn around, he left Alabama for A&M. We are going to be great. Well, we had the same feeling. BUT WE ARE GOING TO BE GREAT AGAIN!!!!!!!!! ROLLTIDE ROll!!!!!! and Fran will be coaching at Idaho wishing he would have stayed and enjoyed the ride.

I really wanted Urban Meyer over Fran but figured when we got Fran that he would do well. All the media was going nuts over him and I thought I must have been missing something. He has been aloof ever since he arrived at A&M. He has not fit in well at all. His lack of personality would not matter if he won games. However, he has pretty much set every record for futility since he arrived at A&M. I had concerns about Torbush as a DC after I watched y'all play Hawaii and they passed for a ton of yards. those concerns were validated when Torbush gave up record amounts of yardage and points to Texas Tech and Utah. Fran finally got rid of him but instead of hiring a real DC, he went and hired an out of work coach who had been fired from Western Michigan after a 1-10 season. Now we have to put up with Gary Darnell's passive, bend but don't break defense.

I don't think you have to worry about us coming after Saban. First off, I doubt we are going to pay $4 million per year. Secondly, I doubt he would leave Bama. I am hoping we go after Jeff Tedford of Cal. We shall see. Our AD Bill Byrne has said that it takes 6 years to rebuild a program. I think that is complete BS. I am just hoping Byrne fires Fran this year so this nightmare will end.

How he left

Bocephus said:
I really wanted Urban Meyer over Fran but figured when we got Fran that he would do well. All the media was going nuts over him and I thought I must have been missing something. He has been aloof ever since he arrived at A&M. He has not fit in well at all. His lack of personality would not matter if he won games. However, he has pretty much set every record for futility since he arrived at A&M. I had concerns about Torbush as a DC after I watched y'all play Hawaii and they passed for a ton of yards. those concerns were validated when Torbush gave up record amounts of yardage and points to Texas Tech and Utah. Fran finally got rid of him but instead of hiring a real DC, he went and hired an out of work coach who had been fired from Western Michigan after a 1-10 season. Now we have to put up with Gary Darnell's passive, bend but don't break defense.

I don't think you have to worry about us coming after Saban. First off, I doubt we are going to pay $4 million per year. Secondly, I doubt he would leave Bama. I am hoping we go after Jeff Tedford of Cal. We shall see. Our AD Bill Byrne has said that it takes 6 years to rebuild a program. I think that is complete BS. I am just hoping Byrne fires Fran this year so this nightmare will end.

It is how he left in my opinion. I am sorry that you guys are having a rough time. When a coach is willing to leave one of the best if not the best program in the nation for another program that is equal or less and leaving by burning the bridge behind him you have to be concerned about the coach.

I only have two things to say. Looking back or in other words in hindsight, it's great that Franny left.

Also, you didn't give us Coach Bryant. He just came home because his mom was callin. :wink:

Bocephus said:
I did not understand the anger then and I certainly do not understand it now. He has done nothing since arriving at A&M except set records for futility.

At the time I thought y'all were mad b/c he left without telling the kids in person. I have often heard that "hold the rope" line but the juniors he said that two were seniors when he left and had just gotten a 10 win season. I did not personally think he owed them anything. We gave you Bear Bryant, and maybe took from you a coach that woulda killed your program. You should be glad we took Fran from you. Now our AD needs to have the cajones to get rid of him.

You didn't give us anything, especially not the Bear. He left because he wanted to. As far as someone killing our program...Dubose started that along time ago. I love the way yall always bring up the Bear lol like Bama owes you something for it.

I was tocked because of the virtues that Fran had preached that we as a Bama nation had bought in to that were suddenly betrayed. Also, I have seen coaches come and go, but he is the only one I've seen who lacked the decency to say good by in person to his players, not only to his seniors, but also to the kids he had recruited. However, events have a way of changing your feelings, and I certainly am glad that he is gone. I haven't felt so relieved since Kentucky took Bill Curry from us.

aTm's next coach is.......

mikeprcie.jpg

"I'm gigin' 'em, baby!"

The main idea I’m getting and (pretty much the way I feel myself) is that it’s not so much aTm that we dislike as it is fRAN.

Wherever fRAN is, we want HIM to fail. Unfortunately, the team and program and university fail as well. I have no grudge against the school in any way, just against that sneaky, two faced, lying, conniving, sneaking out in the middle of the night, back stabbing squirming worm that is the head coach of that school’s football team.
As far as the Bear Bryant for fRAN “trade”, I’ll take that swap as even steven.
I took a creative writing class where we were given topics (usually one word) and we had to write about them. The topic was “Passion” and I chose the University of Alabama.

"One of the first things I can remember being asked after starting elementary school was “who do you go for?” By that I mean, do you “go for” Alabama or do you “go for” Auburn? Most of us, even before we learned to say “mama” or “dada” or “bye bye” were taught to say either “Roll Tide” or “War Eagle.” The legendary Paul “Bear” Bryant was a man that I grew up looking upon as bigger than life, a hero, one of a kind, outspoken but quite, as mean as a well, a bear...and as gentle as a kitten. “Bear” said things that made you think. Not just about football and winning, but about life and the way one chooses to live it. His “Never Quit” quote has stuck with me for most of my life.

Upon his return to The University of Alabama, someone asked him why he’d decided to come back to his Alma Mater. In that gravely voice of his, he simply answered, “Mama called.”

Nobody ever doubted what he meant by that. As much as he loved and respected her, he wasn’t speaking of his own beloved Mama. He was talking about The University. He was talking about Alabama. He was talking about “home.” The one place he felt he most belonged. The one place he always felt the most loved and respected. The place he could most make a difference in his life and the lives of others. The place where he knew he was meant to be. The place that he was pulled to for reasons beyond anyone’s control or his own understanding. The one place that he somehow knew that it was meant for him to give his all to.

Anyone who has ever called themselves a Bama fan, who grew up here, who remembers the day "Bear" passed away and the way people lined the Interstate for over 100 miles to pay their respects as he was taken to his final resting place...we always knew what it meant...when “Mama called.”

I was one of those people standing on the side of the Interstate with MY mama and the tears were streaming down her face. I was twelve years old, it was a Wednesday and she let me miss school (something that was forbidden in our house) and she called in sick to work (something she never did.) It’s been over twenty years since that day and I still remember what it felt like to be there."

This passage sums up what fRAN laughed at, stomped on and threw back into our face. As well as lying to the players that played their guts out for him, his actions ridiculed the very tradition that we hold dear.

For that, it makes me almost giddy (to borrow BamaDelta’s word of the week) to see that man fail.

Karma is a b**ch!

Back
Top Bottom