| FTBL Why does this years 6 and 6

TerryP said:
Optimus said:
Until the Tenn game you could really see the change not only in the program, but the players as well. I mean just look at the ARK game we won in the 4th qter! Then we whaled Tenn which felt great!

Although these last four games something changed the players don't look like they have the fire or the will to win. I swear it looked like last years team? I don't know how to explain it, but I'm sure CNS will address the problem. Thus, removing the players/problem plus adding the mental toughness we need to win again.

That is a statement that makes little sense. If you want him to remove players causing problems and combine that with attendance issues in classes already you are basically making our APR rates plummet. Which, in turn, leads to fewer scholarships available.

I've watched people post that for weeks anxiously waiting for someone to look at it for what it was.

Please by all means Terry P tells us all what it then? Sense you have the inside scoope on almost everything to goes at the capstone. So you don't think losing the last four games has anything to do with our players and that they're mental tough?

Optimus said:
TerryP said:
Optimus said:
Until the Tenn game you could really see the change not only in the program, but the players as well. I mean just look at the ARK game we won in the 4th qter! Then we whaled Tenn which felt great!

Although these last four games something changed the players don't look like they have the fire or the will to win. I swear it looked like last years team? I don't know how to explain it, but I'm sure CNS will address the problem. Thus, removing the players/problem plus adding the mental toughness we need to win again.

That is a statement that makes little sense. If you want him to remove players causing problems and combine that with attendance issues in classes already you are basically making our APR rates plummet. Which, in turn, leads to fewer scholarships available.

I've watched people post that for weeks anxiously waiting for someone to look at it for what it was.

Please by all means Terry P tells us all what it then? Sense you have the inside scoope on almost everything to goes at the capstone.

What?

TerryP said:

SO what is it or was it? You seem to be on the inside as where some of us are not. So what do you know that we don't?
Optimus said:
I'm sure CNS will address the problem. Thus, removing the players/problem plus adding the mental toughness we need to win again.
I was referring to when CNS said the players that want to play will play, and the ones that don't want to play/practice the way he wants them to will be gone. Remember the whole JJ problems everyone was talking about.

I've already answered your question, it's in the first reply.

Just to clarify, if you kick players off the team they don't graduate. If they don't graduate we get penalized for a low APR with the NCAA reducing the number of scholarships. We already have a lower APR than a lot of schools because the past staff didn't place a high priority on attendance.

Now, if we start just kickin' people to the curb we might be eliminating one problem, but creating another one.

I've used attrition so often here I should enable a word clue so every time I type att the word is filled in.

I firmly expect to see a lot of freshman and sophomores starting next season. I firmly suspect our record won't be much, if any, better than this years. Attrition comes from graduation, it also comes from just keeping some players on the bench. We've see that.

TerryP said:
I've already answered your question, it's in the first reply.

Just to clarify, if you kick players off the team they don't graduate. If they don't graduate we get penalized for a low APR with the NCAA reducing the number of scholarships. We already have a lower APR than a lot of schools because the past staff didn't place a high priority on attendance.

Now, if we start just kickin' people to the curb we might be eliminating one problem, but creating another one.

I've used attrition so often here I should enable a word clue so every time I type att the word is filled in.

I firmly expect to see a lot of freshman and sophomores starting next season. I firmly suspect our record won't be much, if any, better than this years. Attrition comes from graduation, it also comes from just keeping some players on the bench. We've see that.

I see, I should have said bench instead what I was trying to say. It was late so I just used the wrong word that is all no big deal.

I thought you might have an inside scoop again and just didnt' want to tell! LOL sry man.

I hope we get a bowl bid. That means Saban gets almost another month to make the young guys on this team practice hard and get ready for next year. And a bowl is a great place to break in new players for the next year (especially when there is really nothing else to play for except a winning a record). On aside note, a bowl is also good for the program itself. It will allow us to further extend our record, i.e. most bowls attended and most bowl wins. If we ever return to dominance it will be forgotten that a few of those bowls trips where to 3rd tier bowls. RTR!

Back
Top Bottom