| FTBL Who is the starting QB against Ole Miss this weekend? Milroe announced as #1 going forward.

Who starts against Ole Miss?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
After 75 years. Nothing does. But i do measure fact vs fiction
If it was truly a “players only meeting” unless a snitch recorded the meeting or a plant of the coaches or media was there “No one truly knows all that went on”… Ive seen and been on teams with “internal issues”… I seen admins shut down for messing or punishing the “heavies”… If they decide in secret to shut you down, guess what you are “indeed shut down”… if 20 players get pissed on this team they can shut down this staff and Saban.. Don’t fool yourself Saban is obviously walking on egg shells with this team..Ive seen Prison and Police admins change their tunes with “blue flus”…The iron fist turned to velvet gloves..

I was in an automobile for 6+ hours yesterday and didn't listen to anything. Wouldn't have heard any Bama interview if I had stayed in the Atlanta area. And I didn't stay at a Holliday Inn Express when I arrived at my destination.
Basically, Booker said he was feeling much better and I don't know if he has been practing this week or not... but we'll hear from Saban on that either tonight or tomorrow.

Law was back at practice this week.

Henderson should be back sometime soon.

If it was truly a “players only meeting” unless a snitch recorded the meeting or a plant of the coaches or media was there “No one truly knows all that went on”… Ive seen and been on teams with “internal issues”… I seen admins shut down for messing or punishing the “heavies”… If they decide in secret to shut you down, guess what you are “indeed shut down”… if 20 players get pissed on this team they can shut down this staff and Saban.. Don’t fool yourself Saban is obviously walking on egg shells with this team..Ive seen Prison and Police admins change their tunes with “blue flus”…The iron fist turned to velvet gloves..
I don't know why I bother responding to this post, but I just felt the needs to say this. Saban runs the program. This is his team. He will not let the players dictate who's playing and etc. The decision will always be his. He has shown that he will cut you or tell you to move on before caving into player's desires. I'm pretty sure he has a list in his mind at this point who needs to move on after this season. I have lot of feelings that we'll see some changes with players/coaches/and minor tweak on defense.

I don't know why I bother responding to this post, but I just felt the needs to say this. Saban runs the program. This is his team. He will not let the players dictate who's playing and etc. The decision will always be his. He has shown that he will cut you or tell you to move on before caving into player's desires. I'm pretty sure he has a list in his mind at this point who needs to move on after this season. I have lot of feelings that we'll see some changes with players/coaches/and minor tweak on defense.
I just keep getting “not under Saban” a lot.. Saban is trying his best through Congress to change this NIL business... people are sounding off, saying why doesn’t Saban throw fits and raise Hell, anymore… I just don’t think he can anymore.. This new generations do not respond well to that “ Classic Saban style” ..Saban is in new territory now…He seems to be trying to coddle and cradle them into doing the right thing… His former players are coming out of the woodworks, criticizing his new coaching style and the players…It’s almost like the Old Miami hurricanes versus the new hurricanes saga …It appears to be wearing on him…

It’s not just football that this new generation of people are destroying as of late.. Its law enforcement, corrections, Security, fire department, and many blue-collar jobs… can’t get most of them to work or follow orders..They have no pride in their work or themselves… they do you half ass jobs (especially when criticized)… so it’s really systemic..

Saban is the only one who knows whether or not that is true. And, even if he has "caved in to players' desires," he can spin it to sound otherwise. Not saying he has, not saying he hasn't, but just as a load of things that have been discussed ad infitum, nobody but the person in question actually knows.

I just keep getting “not under Saban” a lot.. Saban is trying his best through Congress to change this NIL business... people are sounding off, saying why doesn’t Saban throw fits and raise Hell, anymore… I just don’t think he can anymore.. This new generations do not respond well to that “ Classic Saban style” ..Saban is in new territory now…He seems to be trying to coddle and cradle them into doing the right thing… His former players are coming out of the woodworks, criticizing his new coaching style and the players…It’s almost like the Old Miami hurricanes versus the new hurricanes saga …It appears to be wearing on him…

It’s not just football that this new generation of people are destroying as of late.. Its law enforcement, corrections, Security, fire department, and many blue-collar jobs… can’t get most of them to work or follow orders..They have no pride in their work or themselves… they do you half ass jobs (especially when criticized)… so it’s really systemic..
I think you're reading too much into this... You're trying to create something that's not there.

The same attitude of the pro players that caused him to leave Miami has now entered "college" football.

If a player was injuried and will miss times... Then why is he doing interviews for Alabama? Think about that.

Since when you ever seen an injured player doing player interview?

Basically, Booker said he was feeling much better and I don't know if he has been practing this week or not... but we'll hear from Saban on that either tonight or tomorrow.
He could have played against USF. They called it a "game time decision," and a lot of that decision was on the opponent...not so much whether he could go or not.

I think you're reading too much into this... You're trying to create something that's not there.
There is an attitude shift in collegiate football: to that point he's right.

He's completely off base trying to label this as a Saban issue. If that were the case that would also mean Saban, and his style, are being emulated at 75% or more programs across D1.

How simply can I put this? If cultural and attitude issues are found at schools across the nation, and we're seeing the same at Alabama, how does that translate to this being a Saban issue?

It. Does. Not.

@Justneedme81 I don't know this as a fact; it's just a suspicion. RE: Booker's time in interviews.

While we all realize he's the "face of the offense" right now I wonder if there are NIL stipulations with some of these guys. IE: We see contracts with guys in the league that say if they get X number of receptions they get X amount for a bonus. I've wondered if a guy gets an award, say POW, if it has a bearing on his NIL deal. 🤷‍♂️

Back
Top Bottom